Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Another gun-totin creepy ass cracker at it again!

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 01:14:11 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Aren't all modern hand guns "semi-automatic" in that they fire one shot
each time you pull the trigger?

So, I'm thinking that a revolver would also meet the definition of a
"semi-automatic pistol" in that it fires one bullet each time you pull
the trigger.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here. If there is no word that's
meant to differentiate a hand gun that has a magazine in it's handle
from a "revolver", maybe just tell me there's no such word and I will
accept that as a valid answer.

Or, in the example provided, would Sam have to actually say: "I want a
hand gun that has a magazine in it's handle; not a revolver."?

A revolver can be fired in single-action or double-action.
Single-action requires that the hammer be cocked first.

Some single-action revolvers are not double-action (think of the wild
wild west). The hammer needed to be cocked each time, thus, the
practice of "fanning the hammer".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanning_(firearms)

Sam still wants a double-action semi-automatic pistol. My revolver can
be double-action - without cocking the hammer

Beating a dead horse, you only end up with a dead horse with bruises.