Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Another gun-totin creepy ass cracker at it again!

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 07:23:02 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 9/22/2013 12:35 AM, nestork wrote:
Just for my own understanding:

A "revolver" by definition has to have a cylinder that houses the
bullets, and that cylinder rotates to bring each bullet into alignment
with the barrel.

So the following would be a revolver:
http://tinyurl.com/nszqul6

Is there a special name for a hand gun that carries it's bullets in a
clip inside the handle, like this:

http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/magazin_e.jpg

That is, is there a single word that conveys the idea that the hand gun
uses a bullet clip that fits inside it's handle?

My understanding is that revolvers typically hold 6 bullets. Is there a
"typical" number of bullets that a hand gun with a bullet clip in it's
handle would carry? Would 11 or 12 be about right?

There are some revolvers that have more than 6 cartridges and some large
caliber revolvers that I seem to recall having 5 in the cylinder. Please
use the correct terminology, it's a "magazine" not a "clip". ^_^

Colt .38 from the 1970's held only 5 cartridge rounds.

And please use "cartridge(s)" (also called a round or a shell) instead
of "bullets". The bullet is the thingy that pokes the holes, sent
forth by the propellant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_%28firearms%29

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...its-important/

http://tinyurl.com/a8z97da