Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Costco bananas don't seem to ever ripen (what's the trick)?

Thane posted for all of us...

On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 21:36:19 -0700, Ameri-Clean wrote:

One gas used is ethylene. You can try ripening bananas by putting an
apple in a bag with the bananas. Apples give of this gas.

Thane

Does Al Gore know this? What will be banned first-the apple or banana? This
MUST be discussed at the world gas conference!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 14:34:42 -0400, Tekkie® wrote:

Does Al Gore know this? What will be banned first-the apple or banana?
This MUST be discussed at the world gas conference!

If it's a fruit question, ask Bob Dole.

Thane
Posted to alt.home.repair

We've had a bunch of bananas where only 2 out of 5 or 6 that ripened. From Costco. Now we only get green bananas that have a little yellow on them. It seems to work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 7:35:23 PM UTC-6, Francis C. wrote:
Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg

What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

I think I'm done with Costco green bananas for the same reason. Over a week and they're still green and firm. I tried to peel one with a knife and it won't even peel properly. Took a bite and spit it out. Tastes nothing like a banana. This isn't the first time but is likely the last.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:17:09 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 7:35:23 PM UTC-6, Francis C. wrote:
Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg

What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

I think I'm done with Costco green bananas for the same reason. Over a week and they're still green and firm. I tried to peel one with a knife and it won't even peel properly. Took a bite and spit it out. Tastes nothing like a banana. This isn't the first time but is likely the last.

Maybe you guys bought Plantains instead of bananas? LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 7:35:23 PM UTC-6, Francis C. wrote:
Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg

What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

I think I'm done with Costco green bananas for the same reason. Over a week and they're still green and firm. I tried to peel one with a knife and it won't even peel properly. Took a bite and spit it out. Tastes nothing like a banana. This isn't the first time but is likely the last.

Maybe you guys bought Plantains instead of bananas? LOL

I'm at the age where you don't buy green bananas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 7:35:23 PM UTC-6, Francis C. wrote:
Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg

What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

I think I'm done with Costco green bananas for the same reason. Over a
week and they're still green and firm. I tried to peel one with a knife
and it won't even peel properly. Took a bite and spit it out. Tastes
nothing like a banana. This isn't the first time but is likely the last.

Your not supposed to bag bananas.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 7:35:23 PM UTC-6, Francis C. wrote:
Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg

What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

I think I'm done with Costco green bananas for the same reason. Over a week and they're still green and firm. I tried to peel one with a knife and it won't even peel properly. Took a bite and spit it out. Tastes nothing like a banana. This isn't the first time but is likely the last.

Ever try putting term in a brown paper bag with a few tomatoes???
Tomatoes produce rthelene gas which is used in force-repening fruits.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 19:39:06 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

I'm at the age where you don't buy green bananas.

I hear that. Maybe dried prunes or prune juice, anybody?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 19:39:06 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

I'm at the age where you don't buy green bananas.

I hear that. Maybe dried prunes or prune juice, anybody?

Take more medications, every one seems to have a warning that it causes
constipation or diarrhea. I also wonder about the ad warnings that say do
not take ~wonder~ drug if you are allergic to ~wonder~ drug. How do one
know?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 2:34:41 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 19:39:06 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

I'm at the age where you don't buy green bananas.

I hear that. Maybe dried prunes or prune juice, anybody?

But I like prunes! ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Wrinkled Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Senile Yank Alert!

On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 00:04:07 -0800 (PST), senile Auntie Monster wrote:

I hear that. Maybe dried prunes or prune juice, anybody?

But I like prunes! ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Wrinkled Monster

You ARE a prune, senile oaf!
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

Take them out of the bag, sit them on the counter, you can speed up things if you wrap sarran wrap around stump. But the costco bananas are small and even when ripe taste green, guess it's where there from or many other reasons. But seems nobody knows that cavendish bananas are soon to be extinct so a race to save, pick, and transport whats left. Enjoy them while you can because till now no replacement has been found. 😕

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ck-742033-.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

"Cavendish" wrote in message
roupdirect.com...
Take them out of the bag, sit them on the counter, you can speed up things
if you wrap sarran wrap around stump. But the costco bananas are small and
even when ripe taste green, guess it's where there from or many other
reasons. But seems nobody knows that cavendish bananas are soon to be
extinct so a race to save, pick, and transport whats left. Enjoy them
while you can because till now no replacement has been found. 😕

Likely they have stopped buying them after 7 years.

For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ck-742033-.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 15:12:07 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:

Whirlpool ad at Costco Joe Home Repair 3 August 10th 10 03:59 PM
Since we were talking about Costco geoff UK diy 13 August 7th 10 09:58 PM
I've gone bananas George UK diy 7 February 27th 08 10:23 PM
Apricot, CostCo and LDD charlie b Woodturning 6 September 21st 05 11:32 AM
costco spa Jenny Home Ownership 1 August 30th 04 05:44 PM