Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Whirlpool ad at Costco

Latest ad shows a nice sale on a Whirlpool washer and dryer called the
Duet Sport. That's right, Sport. I called SWMBO over to ask what made
a laundry pair a Sport model, and got the expected rationale, "Only
some dumb fool in marketing would think doing laundry is a sport".
If she's wrong, and doing the dirty linen has become a sport, what are
the rules? Is there a sanctioning body? Can only a single washer be
entered in the contest? How much is the prize money? Enlighten us,
please, we're small town folks.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 20:41:24 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

Latest ad shows a nice sale on a Whirlpool washer and dryer called the
Duet Sport. That's right, Sport. I called SWMBO over to ask what made
a laundry pair a Sport model, and got the expected rationale, "Only
some dumb fool in marketing would think doing laundry is a sport".
If she's wrong, and doing the dirty linen has become a sport, what are
the rules? Is there a sanctioning body? Can only a single washer be
entered in the contest? How much is the prize money? Enlighten us,
please, we're small town folks.

It smells like dirty athletic socks? ...or something?
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 20:41:24 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

Latest ad shows a nice sale on a Whirlpool washer and dryer called the
Duet Sport. That's right, Sport. I called SWMBO over to ask what made
a laundry pair a Sport model, and got the expected rationale, "Only
some dumb fool in marketing would think doing laundry is a sport".
If she's wrong, and doing the dirty linen has become a sport, what are
the rules? Is there a sanctioning body? Can only a single washer be
entered in the contest? How much is the prize money? Enlighten us,
please, we're small town folks.

If you're small town folks, you'll probably never raise the money to
send your daughter to laundry training camp, let alone the Olympics.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 9, 11:41*pm, Joe wrote:
Latest ad shows a nice sale on a Whirlpool washer and dryer called the
Duet Sport. That's right, Sport. I called SWMBO over to ask what made
a laundry pair a Sport model, *and got the expected rationale, "Only
some dumb fool in marketing would think doing laundry is a sport".
If she's wrong, and doing the dirty linen has become a sport, what are
the rules? Is there a sanctioning body? Can only a single washer be
entered in the contest? How much is the prize money? Enlighten us,
please, we're small town folks.

Joe

You missed the point.

This unit can only be used to wash Sport related items.

Baseball uniforms, sport bras, cleats, golf clubs, javelins, etc.

Who wants to throw a dirty javelin?