Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Since we were talking about Costco

I was in the local depot today and walked past a demonstrator and heard
her say ...

"...it cooks in half the time, so OBVIOUSLY it uses less energy "

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

I was in the local depot today and walked past a demonstrator and heard
her say ...

"...it cooks in half the time, so OBVIOUSLY it uses less energy "

--
geoff

Maybe it does, like a 3KW kettle uses less energy than a 1.5KW kettle to
boil the same amount of water?

Toby...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Toby
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

I was in the local depot today and walked past a demonstrator and
heard her say ...

"...it cooks in half the time, so OBVIOUSLY it uses less energy "

-- geoff

Maybe it does, like a 3KW kettle uses less energy than a 1.5KW kettle
to boil the same amount of water?

Well - "maybe", but not "obviously"

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Toby has brought this to us :
"geoff" wrote in message

I was in the local depot today and walked past a demonstrator and heard her
say ...

"...it cooks in half the time, so OBVIOUSLY it uses less energy "

-- geoff

Maybe it does, like a 3KW kettle uses less energy than a 1.5KW kettle to boil
the same amount of water?

Toby...

A 3kw kettle does use very slightly less energy - it boils it up
quicker, therefore there is less time for the heat contained within the
kettle to be radiated out to the surrounding air.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Toby has brought this to us :
"geoff" wrote in message

I was in the local depot today and walked past a demonstrator and
heard her say ...

"...it cooks in half the time, so OBVIOUSLY it uses less energy "

-- geoff

Maybe it does, like a 3KW kettle uses less energy than a 1.5KW kettle
to boil the same amount of water?

Toby...

A 3kw kettle does use very slightly less energy - it boils it up
quicker, therefore there is less time for the heat contained within the
kettle to be radiated out to the surrounding air.

On the other hand the higher currents heat up the wires more..;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher pretended :
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Toby has brought this to us :
"geoff" wrote in message

I was in the local depot today and walked past a demonstrator and heard
her say ...

"...it cooks in half the time, so OBVIOUSLY it uses less energy "

-- geoff

Maybe it does, like a 3KW kettle uses less energy than a 1.5KW kettle to
boil the same amount of water?

Toby...

A 3kw kettle does use very slightly less energy - it boils it up quicker,
therefore there is less time for the heat contained within the kettle to be
radiated out to the surrounding air.

On the other hand the higher currents heat up the wires more..;-)

..but for less time :-)

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
. uk...
Toby has brought this to us :
"geoff" wrote in message

I was in the local depot today and walked past a demonstrator and heard
her say ...

"...it cooks in half the time, so OBVIOUSLY it uses less energy "

-- geoff

Maybe it does, like a 3KW kettle uses less energy than a 1.5KW kettle to
boil the same amount of water?

Toby...

A 3kw kettle does use very slightly less energy - it boils it up quicker,
therefore there is less time for the heat contained within the kettle to
be radiated out to the surrounding air.

I know!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message

I was in the local depot today and walked past a demonstrator and heard
her say ...

"...it cooks in half the time, so OBVIOUSLY it uses less energy "

I drove there twice as quickly so OBVIOUSLY I used less petrol??

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David WE Roberts wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message

I was in the local depot today and walked past a demonstrator and
heard her say ...

"...it cooks in half the time, so OBVIOUSLY it uses less energy "

I drove there twice as quickly so OBVIOUSLY I used less petrol??

Which might, or might not, be true.

Sadly these things are very much NOT obvious.

Even more sadly, precocious gits who have ticked more than half te boxes
right in a multiple choice O level physics paper, now think that 'know
about physics' well enough to make comments like that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Archie
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

I was in the local depot today and walked past a demonstrator and heard
her say ...

"...it cooks in half the time, so OBVIOUSLY it uses less energy "

--
geoff

Pressure cooker?

Some sort of radiant ceramic cooker

looked like a fish bowl with the heater on top

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 21:42:17 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , Archie
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

I was in the local depot today and walked past a demonstrator and heard
her say ...

"...it cooks in half the time, so OBVIOUSLY it uses less energy "

--
geoff

Pressure cooker?

Some sort of radiant ceramic cooker

looked like a fish bowl with the heater on top

A JML halogen oven.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Ericp writes:
On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 21:42:17 +0100, geoff wrote:

Some sort of radiant ceramic cooker

looked like a fish bowl with the heater on top

A JML halogen oven.

I saw those too.
I'll bet it's an absolute delight to clean, not.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
Ericp writes:
On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 21:42:17 +0100, geoff wrote:

Some sort of radiant ceramic cooker

looked like a fish bowl with the heater on top

A JML halogen oven.

I saw those too.
I'll bet it's an absolute delight to clean, not.

We've been using an Elitech halogen oven for almost two years now and they
*are* a lot quicker and cook at a lower temperature than an ordinary oven so
they may, in fact, be cheaper to run.