Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Costco Declining?

Anyone notice a decline in Costco quality, especially in the tools section?
It used to be that I could buy multiple rolls of duct tape or 3M blue
masking tape for a great price. That stuff is no longer carried. Not to
mention the air nailers, etc. I could go on about stuff, but it seems that
most of the stuff they carry now is junk.

Maybe some of it's a result of the declining dollar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 16, 7:14*am, "Buck Turgidson" wrote:
Anyone notice a decline in Costco quality, especially in the tools section?
It used to be that I could buy multiple rolls of duct tape or 3M blue
masking tape for a great price. *That stuff is no longer carried. *Not to
mention the air nailers, etc. I could go on about stuff, but it seems that
most of the stuff they carry now is junk.

Maybe some of it's a result of the declining dollar.

No problems here. Very satisfied. But I rarely buy tools there.
They tend to have the big sets, most of which I have. If I need a
tool, it's usually a single special one I'm after.
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

I have 3 Costcos within about 5 miles. All three carry different range of
stock. One store may carry a high end tool, the other 2 don't. Basically it
is all up to the store management, if something or a category sells well,
they carry it, otherwise they drop it and don't even bring more into the
store.