Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Costco bananas don't seem to ever ripen (what's the trick)?

On 11/13/2017 7:06 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:17:09 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 7:35:23 PM UTC-6, Francis C. wrote:
Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg

What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

I think I'm done with Costco green bananas for the same reason. Over a week and they're still green and firm. I tried to peel one with a knife and it won't even peel properly. Took a bite and spit it out. Tastes nothing like a banana. This isn't the first time but is likely the last.

Maybe you guys bought Plantains instead of bananas? LOL

I'm at the age where you don't buy green bananas.