Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Giffords

"Attila Iskander" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Jan 31, 7:49 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
So, you raise fees on the people who don't commit crimes, to pay for
protection from people who do? I guess that's the way the rest of society
works. I pay various property and municipal taxes, so the cops can do
thier
job.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

#
# There is no need to put seperate armed guards in schools.
# Teachers are already there and there would be teachers
# willing to volunteer to go through training. Pay them an
# additional X dollars a year, say $2,000. Instead of paying
# $40,000 a year for a security guard, it now costs $2,000
# problem solved. It's already being done in TX and FL
# and contrary to what the libs would have you believe,
# no one is dying....

But, but, but
Schools being "gun free zones' are far safer than if schools had armed
teachers, staff and even parents running around....
Think of how traumatic it would be for the children to know and possibly
see that their teacher, staff, and parent volunteers are armed to protect
them

You are assuming that they don't already have that experience.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 1/31/2013 6:49 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
So, you raise fees on the people who don't commit crimes, to pay for
protection from people who do? I guess that's the way the rest of society
works. I pay various property and municipal taxes, so the cops can do
thier
job.

It reminds me of the Commiecrats who only enforce the laws they are bribed
to enforce. ^_^

And that's somehow different than those who are bribed to not enforce the
laws they are paid to enforce?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jan 31, 5:38 pm, nestork wrote:
I think the writing is on the wall. Nothing's going to change today,
nor tomorrow, but things are going to change so far as assault rifles go
in the US.

That Sandy Hook shooting affected the American conscious more than any
other, and most Americans now believe SOMETHING needs to be done.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson that said that not being able to change
a country's constitution is like requiring a person to wear the same
clothing throughout their whole life.

What all the gun nuts ignore is it says "a WELL REGULATED militia".

ie the government. Not every toe rag in town owning a gun

{{

Some scholars interpret that as intended as a means to control/limit
government. Or, more so, to act when the government cannot.

I recall Katrina where the LEO were effectively inoperable for near two
weeks.

There were members of the community that banded together to protect
themselves and theirs. Which BTW does constitute a 'well regulated militia.

then there were the likes of Blackwater (who came with fully automatic
military not military style weapons) who were paid by the got rocks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Feb 1, 3:22 pm, George Washington
wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia - if
that's what we intended.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those that
possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

In my book "regulated" means organised and disciplined.
ie not a rabble. Which is what you have today.

}}

Some would say rabble is a good discription of both Congress and the Senate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia - if
that's what we intended.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those that
possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

In my book "regulated" means organised and disciplined.
ie not a rabble. Which is what you have today.

Sorry, but you don't get to write dictionaries, either.

}}

Some would say rabble is a good discription of both Congress and the Senate.

....and those who voted them into office. IOW, the "militia".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 20:53:35 -0600, "NotMe" wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Jan 31, 5:38 pm, nestork wrote:
I think the writing is on the wall. Nothing's going to change today,
nor tomorrow, but things are going to change so far as assault rifles go
in the US.

That Sandy Hook shooting affected the American conscious more than any
other, and most Americans now believe SOMETHING needs to be done.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson that said that not being able to change
a country's constitution is like requiring a person to wear the same
clothing throughout their whole life.

What all the gun nuts ignore is it says "a WELL REGULATED militia".

It also says "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". Because you don't understand
plain English, or the even the meaning of the words by themselves,
doesn't change the meaning of the sentence.

ie the government. Not every toe rag in town owning a gun

You're wrong, but you've been told that a hundred times. IOW, you've
crossed the line from ignorant to willfully stupid.

{{

Some scholars interpret that as intended as a means to control/limit
government. Or, more so, to act when the government cannot.

"Some scholars"? That was the *clear* meaning of the authors and
those who passed the BoR. SCotUS agrees. Sorry, but you flunked the
simple logic test.

I recall Katrina where the LEO were effectively inoperable for near two
weeks.

There were members of the community that banded together to protect
themselves and theirs. Which BTW does constitute a 'well regulated militia.

Actually, if you had any brains you would know that it certainly does.

then there were the likes of Blackwater (who came with fully automatic
military not military style weapons) who were paid by the got rocks.

Idiot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2013 8:09 PM, NotMe wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 1/31/2013 6:49 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
So, you raise fees on the people who don't commit crimes, to pay for
protection from people who do? I guess that's the way the rest of society
works. I pay various property and municipal taxes, so the cops can do
thier
job.

It reminds me of the Commiecrats who only enforce the laws they are bribed
to enforce. ^_^

And that's somehow different than those who are bribed to not enforce the
laws they are paid to enforce?

Like our current Affirmative Action Attorney General, Eric Holder. Head
Commiecrat law enforcement thug. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 22:51:03 -0600, "NotMe" wrote:

You're aware you're auguring for and against yourself in this responce?

You're aware that you're an illiterate idiot?

.. .

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote: HeyBub wrote:
Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia - if
that's what we intended.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those that
possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

#
# In my book "regulated" means organised and disciplined.
# ie not a rabble. Which is what you have today.

Poor harry.
Now you're just lying (again).
########################

"harry" wrote in message

#
# Well it's not well regulated at the moment is it?
# Nil regulated as far as I can see.
#
########################

Make up your mind, boi
* * Either we have a militia or not

You clearly don't have a well regulated militia.
You have a rabble of lunatics.
Gun owners should be made to attend a school (say once a week) and be
trained and their mental abilities assessed.
Many of the nutcases could be weeded out.
You would be outed at an early stage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 2:53*am, "NotMe" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

[...]

Regulated by who?
By what rules?
To be a well regulated militia would require group training assessment
etc beforehand.
Just a bunch of Hollywood style vigilantes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I sense another aconym in the making.

H.C.L.E.T.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
It reminds me of the Commiecrats who only enforce the laws they are
bribed
to enforce. ^_^

And that's somehow different than those who are bribed to not enforce the
laws they are paid to enforce?

Like our current Affirmative Action Attorney General, Eric Holder. Head
Commiecrat law enforcement thug. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

#
# Well it's not well regulated at the moment is it?
# Nil regulated as far as I can see.
#
########################

Make up your mind, boi
Either we have a militia or not

#
# You clearly don't have a well regulated militia.

Only partially true
Some States DO HAVE a well-regulated militia
Some States have NONE

#
# You have a rabble of lunatics.
#

No connection to any militia
But that just proves how stupid and confused you really are..

#
# Gun owners should be made to attend a school (say once a week)
# and be trained and their mental abilities assessed.
#

Maybe in a fascist country like the UK
But that won't fly in the US
Remember that thing called the 2nd Amednment ?
What you propose would be an infringement.

#
# Many of the nutcases could be weeded out.
#You would be outed at an early stage.

At least that is your ignorant fantasy
Didn't work too well in the UK, Canada or Australia last time I checked

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Feb 2, 2:53 am, "NotMe" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

[...]

By themselves
That is one of the things that distinguish adults from children like you who
need to be "regulated" by others (adult or not)

#
# By what rules?
#

How about common sense and the need to help each other to better survice
together ?

#To be a well regulated militia would require group training assessment
# etc beforehand.

NOPE.
I'm also willing to be that all those people have had a lot of training in
all kinds of areas beforehand, INCLUDING the handling of arms

#
# Just a bunch of Hollywood style vigilantes.
#

There you go using words who meanings are beyond your understanding.
Your really should stick to two syllables or less.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

#
[...]

It's called being "well regulated".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 3:28*pm, "Attila Iskander" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

On Feb 2, 2:53 am, "NotMe" wrote:

[...]

Regulation by definition comes from outside the group.
There's no such workable thing as"self regulation".
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

#
[...]

Repeating yourself like an ignorant fool, just shows you for an ignorant
fool.
No big surprise there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

On Feb 2, 2:53 am, "NotMe" wrote:

"harry" wrote in message

[...]

LOL
Poor harry, you really ARE ignorant
Start your education he
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-regulation

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 1, 12:40*am, harry wrote:
SNIP

What all the gun nuts ignore is it says "a WELL REGULATED *militia".

ie the government. Not every toe rag in town owning a gun

Harry-

Please spare us your interpretation of the US constitution....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 1:41*am, harry wrote:
BIG Snip

You clearly don't have a well regulated militia.
You have a rabble of lunatics.
Gun owners should be made to attend a school (say once a week) and be
trained and their mental abilities assessed.
Many of the nutcases could be weeded out.
You would be outed at an early stage.

Thinking that is clearly from the land that spawned 1984 & Brave New
World.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 13:31:14 -0800 (PST), DD_BobK
wrote:

Harry-

Please spare us your interpretation of the US constitution....

Really. His wife should be arrested for "having sex with an idiot".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 9:31*pm, DD_BobK wrote:
On Feb 1, 12:40*am, harry wrote:
SNIP

What all the gun nuts ignore is it says "a WELL REGULATED *militia".

ie the government. Not every toe rag in town owning a gun

Harry-

Please spare us your interpretation of the US constitution....

Tch tch. It's there for all to read.
I see you only read the bits that suit you.
Or are your comprehension skills pretty low?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 9:42*pm, DD_BobK wrote:
On Feb 2, 1:41*am, harry wrote:
BIG Snip

You clearly don't have a well regulated militia.
You have a rabble of lunatics.
Gun owners should be made to attend a school (say once a week) and be
trained and their mental abilities assessed.
Many of the nutcases could be weeded out.
You would be outed at an early stage.

Thinking that is clearly from the land that spawned 1984 & Brave New
World.

You are actually living it with your neo-fascist governments.
We spotted the dangers long since.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Harry-

Please spare us your interpretation of the US constitution....

Really. *His wife should be arrested for "having sex with an idiot".

Is that against the law in fascist America?
Or is that just another of your fantasy world factoids?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ah, thinking about it,clearly not or you wouldn't exist.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 23:47:00 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

On Feb 2, 9:42*pm, DD_BobK wrote:
On Feb 2, 1:41*am, harry wrote:
BIG Snip

You clearly don't have a well regulated militia.
You have a rabble of lunatics.
Gun owners should be made to attend a school (say once a week) and be
trained and their mental abilities assessed.
Many of the nutcases could be weeded out.
You would be outed at an early stage.

Thinking that is clearly from the land that spawned 1984 & Brave New
World.

You are actually living it with your neo-fascist governments.
We spotted the dangers long since.

....and imported every one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia -
if that's what we intended.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those
that possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

In my book "regulated" means organised and disciplined.
ie not a rabble. Which is what you have today.

Go ahead, be the Queen of Hearts.

There were no "regulations" during our war of independence (the first was of
independence, not the second).

It does not matter a whit what you believe "regulated" means. What counts is
what the word meant in the 18th century and, more so, what the Supreme Court
says it means today.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Harry-

Please spare us your interpretation of the US constitution....

Really. His wife should be arrested for "having sex with an idiot".

Is that against the law in fascist America?
Or is that just another of your fantasy world factoids?

As a matter of fact, having sex with a mentally disabled person - one not
capable of giving effective consent - IS rape.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Feb 2, 9:31 pm, DD_BobK wrote:
On Feb 1, 12:40 am, harry wrote:
SNIP

What all the gun nuts ignore is it says "a WELL REGULATED militia".

ie the government. Not every toe rag in town owning a gun

Harry-

Please spare us your interpretation of the US constitution....

#
# Tch tch. It's there for all to read.

Too bad you can't read for ****
Wore that you can't read for comprehension
And compounding it, is that you can't even have an adult explain it to you.

#
# I see you only read the bits that suit you.
#

NOPE !
That' seems to be you, who are even snmart enough to figure out what
qualifies what..

#
# Or are your comprehension skills pretty low?
#

Compared to you even a kitchen sponge has genius level comprehension skills.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 3, 6:31*pm, "Attila Iskander" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

[...]

Down to insults again ****fer?
Here is a definition of regulate as your English is so poor.
http://dictionary.reference.com/brow...late?qsrc=2446
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
Please spare us your interpretation of the US constitution....

Tch tch. It's there for all to read.
I see you only read the bits that suit you.
Or are your comprehension skills pretty low?

Pay attention. The Constitution and the Bible share a common characteristic:
It matters little what each says, what counts is what is meant.

Taking the Bible for example, sometimes God didn't say what he meant and
sometimes He didn't mean what He said.

Likewise for the Constitution.

But how to decide what is meant?

In the case of the Bible, Moses was told: "If a matter comes before you that
is too hard to decide, consult the sages of the generation and be bound by
their decision.

In the case of the Constitution, the federal courts make the determination.
Not you. Not me. The courts.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyBub[_3_] View Post
harry wrote:
Please spare us your interpretation of the US constitution....

Tch tch. It's there for all to read.
I see you only read the bits that suit you.
Or are your comprehension skills pretty low?

Pay attention. The Constitution and the Bible share a common characteristic:
It matters little what each says, what counts is what is meant.

Taking the Bible for example, sometimes God didn't say what he meant and
sometimes He didn't mean what He said.

Likewise for the Constitution.

But how to decide what is meant?

In the case of the Bible, Moses was told: "If a matter comes before you that
is too hard to decide, consult the sages of the generation and be bound by
their decision.

In the case of the Constitution, the federal courts make the determination.
Not you. Not me. The courts.
I agree with Heybub on this one. Words that are blindingly obvious to you and me are "interpreted" by the US Supreme Court to mean something completely different, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

That's cuz that Court is made up of people appointed to their positions by the President, and so the President appoints judges that share his/her/ it's views on major issues like abortion, capital punishment, enforcement of illegal drug laws, etc.

So, quite honestly, it DOES NOT require a change in your constitution to change gun laws. It just requires a change in the people sitting in the highest court in the land to "interpret" the 2nd Amendment differently than it's being interpreted right now. And, as the mood of the public toward guns changes, the kind of Presidents you guys elect will change, and so to will the members of your Supreme Court.

Just saying.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message

On Feb 2, 9:31 pm, DD_BobK wrote: On Feb 1, 12:40
am, harry wrote:
SNIP

[...]

Look at your previous comment, you little hypocrite
You open the door..
I shove it up your ass.

# Here is a definition of regulate as your English is so poor.
# http://dictionary.reference.com/brow...late?qsrc=2446
#

Poor harry
can't even read past definition 1)

1. to control or direct by a rule, principle, method, etc.: to regulate
household expenses.
2. to adjust to some standard or requirement, as amount, degree, etc.: to
regulate the temperature.
3. to adjust so as to ensure accuracy of operation: to regulate a watch.
4. to put in good order: to regulate the digestion.

So explain to us how "well regulated" would be used in 2), 3), and 4)..
take as many screens as you need

Don't forget to reference the SCOTUS definition Heller to make sure you are
on the right track..

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
harry wrote:
Please spare us your interpretation of the US constitution....

Tch tch. It's there for all to read.
I see you only read the bits that suit you.
Or are your comprehension skills pretty low?

Pay attention. The Constitution and the Bible share a common
characteristic: It matters little what each says, what counts is what is
meant.

Taking the Bible for example, sometimes God didn't say what he meant and
sometimes He didn't mean what He said.

Likewise for the Constitution.

But how to decide what is meant?

In the case of the Bible, Moses was told: "If a matter comes before you
that is too hard to decide, consult the sages of the generation and be
bound by their decision.

In the case of the Constitution, the federal courts make the
determination. Not you. Not me. The courts.

Nice response.
The problem with harry, is that he's not even bright enough to consult a
dictionary and not get confused.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snow along US/Mexico border?

nestork wrote:
Thanks, guys.

Up here, when I watch football and baseball games that are being
broadcast from a southern US city, the one thing that never ceases to
catch my attention is how the people in the stands are just wearing
light windbreakers and autumn jackets in January and February, and how
much shorter the shadows are (meaning the Sun is higher in the sky
there).

I would have never expected there to be snow on the US/Mexico border,
but I fully expect that the mountain areas would have plenty of snow,
even in Mexico (cuz the warm moist air gains altitude as it gets pushed
over the mountains).

I learn something every day. But, not everything I learn is worth
knowing.

For example, elpaso is at least 3500 feet high. When I was down that way,
got some snow every year. The peaks around elpaso are easily 4000 feet. 3/4
mile high city.

Greg