Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Giffords

harry wrote:
On Feb 1, 3:22 pm, George Washington
wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia -
if that's what we intended.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those
that possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

In my book "regulated" means organised and disciplined.
ie not a rabble. Which is what you have today.

Go ahead, be the Queen of Hearts.

There were no "regulations" during our war of independence (the first was of
independence, not the second).

It does not matter a whit what you believe "regulated" means. What counts is
what the word meant in the 18th century and, more so, what the Supreme Court
says it means today.