Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Giffords

"bob haller" wrote in message

Much like the Poll Taxes the tax you recommend would not pass
constitutional
muster.

tobacco taxes are spefic to those who smoke, happily they dont effect
me at all. but those taxes are too low given the health care costs of
smoking.......

Tobacco taxes have been around many years before health effects were ever
thought about. Taxes are just taxes and the money is used for whatever the
government wants to spend the money on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:38:34 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

I seem to remember it was a little old lady disarmed the shooter while
the gun carriers hid.

As usual - you have facts wrong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:57:59 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/30/2013 10:35 PM, bob haller wrote:
The NRA advocates putting armed police officers in every school in
america, the problem is that in pennsylvnia alone that will cost 16
million, per year.

So why not tax weapons and ammo to pay for the costs of poilce
protection in schools?

anyone who buys a gun or ammo should be able to afford the tax, it
gives the NRA what they want, and the school children will likey be
better behaved

I do believe Bill Clinton called for armed guards in schools and the
P.L.L.C.F. never questioned the suggestion from one of their own. ^_^

TDD

Yep. The Horny Hick from Hope.

It was called the Police in Schools Initiative (2000)? He requested 60
Million dollars.

I see recent reports that approximately 1/3 of U.S. Schools already
have armed security.

--
"As someone who is dumb, you’re very biased." -- Gavin McInnes
Posted to alt.home.repair

I think that the school shootings will change the
"gun free school zone" laws, which disarm the
good people, and the bad people ignore the stupid
signs and go ahead with the killings. The reality
is that the only way to stop insane shooters is with
force. Be that armed citizens or armed cops, but
there has to be return force.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"nestork" wrote in message

I think the writing is on the wall. Nothing's going to change today,
nor tomorrow, but things are going to change so far as assault rifles go
in the US.
That Sandy Hook shooting affected the American conscious more than any
other, and most Americans now believe SOMETHING needs to be done.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson that said that not being able to change
a country's constitution is like requiring a person to wear the same
clothing throughout their whole life.

--
nestork

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The hypocrisy of the Left is amazing isn't it. O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2013 11:38 AM, nestork wrote:
I think the writing is on the wall. Nothing's going to change today,
nor tomorrow, but things are going to change so far as assault rifles go
in the US.
That Sandy Hook shooting affected the American conscious more than any
other, and most Americans now believe SOMETHING needs to be done.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson that said that not being able to change
a country's constitution is like requiring a person to wear the same
clothing throughout their whole life.

So you agree that assault rifles should be taken away from civilian
government agents and the armed guards who protect anti Second Amendment
politicians. That way, no criminals can steal them from said agents to
use in the commission of any mass killings. On the plus side, no citizen
will ever have to face machine guns in the hands of government agents. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, but hypocricy is OK when it's "our guy".

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Yep. The Horny Hick from Hope.

It was called the Police in Schools Initiative (2000)? He requested 60
Million dollars.

I see recent reports that approximately 1/3 of U.S. Schools already
have armed security.

The hypocrisy of the Left is amazing isn't it. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Psst! Duf! Please include the military and UN.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
I think the writing is on the wall. Nothing's going to change today,
nor tomorrow, but things are going to change so far as assault rifles go
in the US.
That Sandy Hook shooting affected the American conscious more than any
other, and most Americans now believe SOMETHING needs to be done.

So you agree that assault rifles should be taken away from civilian
government agents and the armed guards who protect anti Second Amendment
politicians. That way, no criminals can steal them from said agents to
use in the commission of any mass killings. On the plus side, no citizen
will ever have to face machine guns in the hands of government agents. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

After watching it for the twenty years or so it becomes pretty
ordinary. Sorta like wondering if the sun is going to rise.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:38:18 +0000, nestork
wrote:

I think the writing is on the wall. Nothing's going to change today,
nor tomorrow, but things are going to change so far as assault rifles go
in the US.

I'll take that bet. Leahy hasn't the balls for that fight.

That Sandy Hook shooting affected the American conscious more than any
other, and most Americans now believe SOMETHING needs to be done.

Nonsense. It's just more children's blood for you lefties to dance
in.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson that said that not being able to change
a country's constitution is like requiring a person to wear the same
clothing throughout their whole life.

I think you're a nut, but amend it if you can.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:45:39 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Psst! Duf! Please include the military and UN.

China, Russia, and Iran, too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

anyone who buys a gun or ammo should be able to afford the tax, it
gives the NRA what they want, and the school children will likey be
better behaved

They are already taxed. A federal 11% excise tax is levied on pistols and
ammunition and a 10% is collected on long guns. These taxes are paid by the
manufacturer.

so add a 40% tax for school safety police, and include a by back
program for unwanted weapons

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:30:37 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

anyone who buys a gun or ammo should be able to afford the tax, it
gives the NRA what they want, and the school children will likey be
better behaved

They are already taxed. A federal 11% excise tax is levied on pistols and
ammunition and a 10% is collected on long guns. These taxes are paid by the
manufacturer.

so add a 40% tax for school safety police, and include a by back
program for unwanted weapons

Why not add it to the gasoline tax?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

anyone who buys a gun or ammo should be able to afford the tax, it
gives the NRA what they want, and the school children will likey be
better behaved

They are already taxed. A federal 11% excise tax is levied on pistols and
ammunition and a 10% is collected on long guns. These taxes are paid by the
manufacturer.

so add a 40% tax for school safety police, and include a by back
program for unwanted weapons

.... so pay for my ammo and I will pay for your contraception...

Your local school system should pay for your own school security. If
you care to do so. What happens in your area is not really a concern
for everybody. Work it out at the local level.

In Arizona (I believe) gun buy back weapons cannot be destroyed by the
police. They have to be sold back to the public - check in case I'm
wrong.

Maybe, though, the federal government should buy back all the stolen
federal weapons stolen - some by federal agents. (USP-Atlanta)
--
"Dodgeball in Burkas" Greg Gutfeld
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

anyone who buys a gun or ammo should be able to afford the tax, it
gives the NRA what they want, and the school children will likey be
better behaved

They are already taxed. A federal 11% excise tax is levied on pistols and
ammunition and a 10% is collected on long guns. These taxes are paid by the
manufacturer.

so add a 40% tax for school safety police, and include a by back
program for unwanted weapons

I love those gun buyback programs, They pay $50 per gun, and I have at
least ten caulking guns that don't work very well anymore. That's $500
in my pocket!!!!

On a serious note, why are they just targetting guns? Why are they
allowing these filthy violent and abusive rap music lyrics to continue
to destroy the minds of our youth, with the absolute most disgusting
words imaginable.

Hey, I know, we got to protect our "freedom of speech". But guess what,
somewhere in the 1970's or was it the late 60's, George Carlin was
arrested on stage in Milwaukee, Wi for saying the "seven dirty words".
Not that those words hurt anyone at all. And that was when we had the
same "freedom of speech" written in the constitution that we have today.

Compare what Carlin said, (nerely words) compared to this absolute filth
in a song from a rap group called "Ice Cube", the song is: "If I Was
****ing You".

The full lyrics are he
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/i/ice+cub..._20066714.html

WHY ARE WE ALLOWING THIS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE TO BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC????
(And mostly heard by our youth).

[Yet they still beep out the word "****" on over the air tv]

Here's a sample of the lyrics. I wont post the whole disgusting thing.

---

If I was ****ing you right about now
You'd have a dick stuck in you (yeah)
Have to go brag to your ****ing crew
On how this rap nigga dick you down
Kendo passed them guts and didn't have to kick you down
Who this bitch nigga wit' you now?
Do we know about your X-files?
And your sex styles?
And all the niggaz that you think about ****ing
And all the **** you know you really wanna do when we buzz it (hahaha)
[K-Mac]
If I was ****ing you, ****, it'd be like drama (yeah)
And you might get tripped on by my baby mama (hey mac)
So do what I tell you and everything'll be alright
You're cute as ****, plus that ass is tight (hype)
Get the **** on 'fore these niggaz start to fight
I can see it in your eyes, you wanna **** tonight
Give Herden everything, she got a fool in love (fool)
Gave it up to me and gangsta after the club

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Wisdom says that it you sit in a barber shop long enough you'll get a
hair cut.
--
"You can not rehabilitate a person that has never been habilitated!"
-- Convict Guard 101
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 31, 5:38*pm, nestork wrote:
I think the writing is on the wall. *Nothing's going to change today,
nor tomorrow, but things are going to change so far as assault rifles go
in the US.
That Sandy Hook shooting affected the American conscious more than any
other, and most Americans now believe SOMETHING needs to be done.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson that said that not being able to change
a country's constitution is like requiring a person to wear the same
clothing throughout their whole life.

--
nestork

What all the gun nuts ignore is it says "a WELL REGULATED militia".

ie the government. Not every toe rag in town owning a gun
Posted to alt.home.repair

#
# What all the gun nuts ignore is it says "a WELL REGULATED militia".
# ie the #government. Not every toe rag in town owning a gun

LOL
Poor harry when not ignorant, in denial

So if we wrote
A well educated intelligentsia, being necessary to the prosperity of a
free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be
infringed

Would mean that only the intelligentsia would have a right to keep and read
books.

You're such a stupid ******, harry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2013 2:40 AM, harry wrote:
On Jan 31, 5:38 pm, nestork wrote:
I think the writing is on the wall. Nothing's going to change today,
nor tomorrow, but things are going to change so far as assault rifles go
in the US.
That Sandy Hook shooting affected the American conscious more than any
other, and most Americans now believe SOMETHING needs to be done.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson that said that not being able to change
a country's constitution is like requiring a person to wear the same
clothing throughout their whole life.

--
nestork

What all the gun nuts ignore is it says "a WELL REGULATED militia".

ie the government. Not every toe rag in town owning a gun

Harry, like all Liberal minded freaks you have no idea what the phrase
"A well regulated militia." actually means. Like all those of your ilk
you think it means "government regulation". ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:00:27 PM UTC, Frank wrote:
On 1/30/2013 3:24 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Frank wrote in :

If Harry shows up at your doorstep, take him shooting'

Good idea -- he could hold the target.

I had a friend and coworker visit from the UK and took him shooting.

He loved it.

I think I would too, I like shooting things, I spend fasr too much time shooting aliens.

Even when I did not tell him properly how to hold a Glock and he raked

his hand,

If peole are going to learn to shoot I think they should be taught properly, how to hold and use a gun safely etc...

He continued to shoot while I found a band-aid.

What thrilled him most was a target I had with Michael Moore's face on

it. He shot it up to take back to one of his coworkers who was a

Michael Moore fan.

I've been tooking for toliet paper with Maggie Thatchers face on it, I'd love to use that too, the pleasure parts of the brain (amygdala) can be activated in various ways.

Posted to alt.home.repair

nestork wrote:
I think the writing is on the wall. Nothing's going to change today,
nor tomorrow, but things are going to change so far as assault rifles
go in the US.

This is NOT a rhetorical question: What defines an "assault rifle"?

That Sandy Hook shooting affected the American conscious more than any
other, and most Americans now believe SOMETHING needs to be done.

Exactly what, in your opinion, NEEDS to be done that wouldn't do violence to
our Constitution? What would you suggest that affects only those who would
do harm?

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On Jan 31, 5:38 pm, nestork wrote:
I think the writing is on the wall. Nothing's going to change today,
nor tomorrow, but things are going to change so far as assault
rifles go in the US.
That Sandy Hook shooting affected the American conscious more than
any other, and most Americans now believe SOMETHING needs to be done.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson that said that not being able to
change a country's constitution is like requiring a person to wear
the same clothing throughout their whole life.

--
nestork

What all the gun nuts ignore is it says "a WELL REGULATED militia".

ie the government. Not every toe rag in town owning a gun

First, the Supreme Court has ruled that the prefatory clause of the 2nd
Amendment is so much fluff and is to be disregarded in its entirety.

Second, if you look at the 18th century words that were used:

Militia - Every able-bodied freeman and boy within society.
Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that works.
Remember, this was before there were any "regulations" by the government
(not like we have today). We have remnants of this definition in phrases
such as "a well-regulated timepiece".

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

that's the state law, but some jurisdictions don't resell due to local
politics. there's a newspaper article every few years 'exposing' this.

Maybe, though, the federal government should buy back all the stolen
federal weapons stolen - some by federal agents. (USP-Atlanta)

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia - if
that's what we intended.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those that
possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 1, 11:25*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
On 2/1/2013 2:40 AM, harry wrote:

[...]

Well it's not well regulated at the moment is it?
Nil regulated as far as I can see. There seems to be a shoot up
almost every day.

Our armies is responsible to the Queen. So the chances of some
politician taking over by force are virtually zero.
Hence we don't need any militia, well regulated or not.

The Queen is always there, she has no need for any shenanigans. She
has been genetically engineered for the job and is hence near perfect.
There is only a little more work to do. We have ruthlessly culled any
errors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles...land#Execution
That's the way to do it!

Whereas, no real difference between the likes of "W" and Saddam.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 1, 3:22*pm, George Washington
wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia - if
that's what we intended.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those that
possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

In my book "regulated" means organised and disciplined.
ie not a rabble. Which is what you have today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia - if
that's what we intended.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those that
possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

In my book "regulated" means organised and disciplined.
ie not a rabble. Which is what you have today.

What regulated means or doesn't mean to you is irrelevant.
What matters is what it meant in the time period the second
ammendment was adopted and how it's been interpreted by
courts since.
Posted to alt.home.repair

finger.net wrote:
On 2/1/2013 2:40 AM, harry wrote:

[...]

So ?
DId you have a point ?

# There seems to be a shoot up almost every day.

You pathetic moron.
Criminals shooting people has nothing to do with militias

# Our armies is responsible to the Queen. So the chances of some
# politician taking over by force are virtually zero.
# Hence we don't need any militia, well regulated or not.

YAWN
talk about a silly argument

#
# The Queen is always there, she has no need for any shenanigans. She
# has been genetically engineered for the job and is hence near perfect.
# There is only a little more work to do. We have ruthlessly culled any
# errors.

LOL
Like Charles, the Prince of Wales.
LOL

# http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles...land#Execution
# That's the way to do it!
# Whereas, no real difference between the likes of "W" and Saddam.

What can I say,
You are entertaining in a very stupid sort of way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia - if
that's what we intended.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those that
possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

#
# In my book "regulated" means organised and disciplined.
# ie not a rabble. Which is what you have today.

Poor harry.
Now you're just lying (again).
########################

"harry" wrote in message
#
# Well it's not well regulated at the moment is it?
# Nil regulated as far as I can see.
#
########################

Make up your mind, boi
Either we have a militia or not

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia - if
that's what we intended.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those that
possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

In my book "regulated" means organised and disciplined.
ie not a rabble. Which is what you have today.

#
# What regulated means or doesn't mean to you is irrelevant.
# What matters is what it meant in the time period the second
# ammendment was adopted and how it's been interpreted by
# courts since.

In the word of idiots like harry, it's ONLY what they "think" that is
meaningful
Facts are not
Inconvenient facts even more so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:22:19 -0500, George Washington
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:

Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia - if
that's what we intended.

But you didn't, moron.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those that
possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

No, you didn't, liar.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:16:43 -0600, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
Regulated - Functioning according to standards, i.e., a weapon that
works.

We would have said "a well APPOINTED" or "a well EQUIPPED" militia - if
that's what we intended.

But we said "a well regulated" militia - meaning that it was those that
possessed the arms that we were intending to regulate.

In my book "regulated" means organised and disciplined.
ie not a rabble. Which is what you have today.

#
# What regulated means or doesn't mean to you is irrelevant.
# What matters is what it meant in the time period the second
# ammendment was adopted and how it's been interpreted by
# courts since.

In the word of idiots like harry, it's ONLY what they "think" that is
meaningful
Facts are not
Inconvenient facts even more so.

Well, we've all known that harry and Dumbie are queens. Now we know
they're red.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"bob haller" wrote in message

Much like the Poll Taxes the tax you recommend would not pass
constitutional
muster.

tobacco taxes are spefic to those who smoke, happily they dont effect
me at all. but those taxes are too low given the health care costs of
smoking.......

Agreed that's why they are called sin taxes. Legalizing MJ would be a boon
but that's a subject for another tread.