Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Donating to NYC

The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff
like food, matches, camping fuel, etc. Is there
a process to donate supplies, which will be
given to needy folks, with minimum of theft,
or diversion?

I looked at the Salvation Army web site, but they
do not adress this question. I have no cash to
donate, but I could ship some canned goods,
flashlights and batteries, shampoo, etc.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff
like food, matches, camping fuel, etc. Is there
a process to donate supplies, which will be
given to needy folks, with minimum of theft,
or diversion?

I looked at the Salvation Army web site, but they
do not adress this question. I have no cash to
donate, but I could ship some canned goods,
flashlights and batteries, shampoo, etc.

How about a small cash donation to the DAV? They have a lot of
Disabled Veterans who lost homes and possesions due to Sandy.

http://donate.dav.org/site/Donation2...donation=form1
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff
like food, matches, camping fuel, etc. Is there
a process to donate supplies, which will be
given to needy folks, with minimum of theft,
or diversion?

I looked at the Salvation Army web site, but they
do not adress this question. I have no cash to
donate, but I could ship some canned goods,
flashlights and batteries, shampoo, etc.

Ask your church if they, or another local church are collecting items
to send.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

With the Oh Bomb Us economy, I'm a bit too
much in debt. I'd rather donate goods.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

How about a small cash donation to the DAV? They have a lot of
Disabled Veterans who lost homes and possesions due to Sandy.

http://donate.dav.org/site/Donation2...donation=form1

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 11/5/2012 9:04 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff
like food, matches, camping fuel, etc. Is there
a process to donate supplies, which will be
given to needy folks, with minimum of theft,
or diversion?

Generally it's more of a hassle to collect and distribute such stuff
than it's worth to the major organizations in relief efforts. It takes
a lot of manpower and logistics to deal with stuff like that so despite
the good intents it really doesn't help.

About the only way one can do anything w/ such goods is to be able to do
it on an individual and/or small independent effort--and again, that's
tough owing to the logistics of there being none in the areas and
sending in trucks, etc., just get hung up in the general congestion
already there that they're fighting.

It's why cash really is king...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

I'll do that. I've seen on the news, there are
many hundreds of "Mormon Helping Hands"
on scene, already. MHH need to eat, shower,
etc, on regular basis.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Ask your church if they, or another local
church are collecting items to send.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

It's very possible that you're right. Maybe that's
why I havn't seen a donations box in the chuch
vestibule.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"dpb" wrote in message

Generally it's more of a hassle to collect and distribute such stuff
than it's worth to the major organizations in relief efforts. It takes
a lot of manpower and logistics to deal with stuff like that so despite
the good intents it really doesn't help.

About the only way one can do anything w/ such goods is to be able to do
it on an individual and/or small independent effort--and again, that's
tough owing to the logistics of there being none in the areas and
sending in trucks, etc., just get hung up in the general congestion
already there that they're fighting.

It's why cash really is king...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , cayoung61
says...

The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff
like food, matches, camping fuel, etc.

Well think about this first!

Wind does not make the existing food in people's homes suddenly
disappear! Nor does an earthquake. All the food people had there
before the storm is still there. (Canned and dry goods.)

Just refrigerated or frozen food would go bad, but no point
in sending that as it will go bad if they still do not have
electricity.

Most helpful would be flashlights, hand operated can openers,
batteries, and camping cook stoves / fuel.

Also send along instructions to NOT use those cooking
stoves in their high rise apartments! Maybe set up several
of these outside these buildings for everybody to use.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 11/5/2012 9:24 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's very possible that you're right. Maybe that's
why I havn't seen a donations box in the chuch
vestibule.

I _know_ I'm right...

Been very involved in the longterm recovery branch of particular
denomination and work very closely w/ all the other organizations plus
FEMA and state/local authorities, etc., ...

There's a _lot_ more organization and effort behind the scenes in
coordination and logistics, etc., that one generally doesn't think about
but it requires that or everybody just jams up on top of themselves.
The more congested the area to begin with, the more of a pita it is to
have to deal with owing to that as well as simply the difficulties of
the work itself.

Individuals can help of course on a small scale locally independently
but even volunteers en masse need a coordination effort to be able to
effectively contribute and _somebody_ has to do that after the immediate
instantaneous response is over...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 11/5/2012 12:04 PM, dpb wrote:
On 11/5/2012 9:24 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's very possible that you're right. Maybe that's
why I havn't seen a donations box in the chuch
vestibule.

I _know_ I'm right...

Again, groups do collect donations but in general to be effective they
need to be organized and have some central collection location where the
goods can be segregated by type and then either sent as shipments of
general supplies or bundled as care bags or somesuch. Then there has to
be a way to get them there and a place for them to be offloaded and
somehow distibuted and so on and so on...just piling up a bunch of
miscellaneous items somewhere, throwing them in the back of a truck and
heading off can create more hassle than benefit or end up in stuff just
sitting somewhere because there is no way to get them distributed.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

With the Oh Bomb Us economy, I'm a bit too
much in debt. I'd rather donate goods.

That was a general suggestion, to others who can help.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 11/5/2012 12:15 PM, dpb wrote:

...just piling up a bunch of
miscellaneous items somewhere, throwing them in the back of a truck and
heading off can create more hassle than benefit or end up in stuff just
sitting somewhere because there is no way to get them distributed.

After Katrina and in many of the other Gulf hurricane aftermaths there
have been trailer loads of ice sent that ended up just melting when
refrigerated trailers ran out of diesel for the coolers before ever had
a chance to get somewhere that could offload...sometimes drivers would
just park along side of a road somewhere and manage to get some of it to
folks but much is wasted that way unless it is part of some plan that
includes somebody expecting it and there being a way to get it to
somebody/somewhere that has a way to handle it in a timely fashion.

Remember that normal logistics in the aftermath is essentially
non-existent...and you can't just show up w/ a tractor trailer and
expect there to be a warehouse and refrigeration and forklifts, etc.,
etc, etc., ...

All the major relief agencies have warehouses of nonperishables and such
things as tents, blankets, cots, etc., etc, etc., ... that they can
access immediately and they have the plans in place for distributing
them and the experience dealing with the chaotic situations. The need
thereafter then is to replace these consumables for the next major
disaster where again "cash is king"...and again, various relief
organizations have split up areas of responsibility amongst themselves
by arrangement to avoid all trying to do the same thing at the expense
of some other area not getting any attention. As noted, the
organization w/ which I work is primarily the one that is still around
and really begins to step to the fore when FEMA, insurance and all the
other early responders haven't been able for one reason or another to
solve a particular problem. We have early responders, too, but that's
not our major focus...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Right..... set up cook stoves for everyone
to use. You stuck in the sixties free love
generation?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Bill" wrote in message

Well think about this first!

Wind does not make the existing food in people's homes suddenly
disappear! Nor does an earthquake. All the food people had there
before the storm is still there. (Canned and dry goods.)

Just refrigerated or frozen food would go bad, but no point
in sending that as it will go bad if they still do not have
electricity.

Most helpful would be flashlights, hand operated can openers,
batteries, and camping cook stoves / fuel.

Also send along instructions to NOT use those cooking
stoves in their high rise apartments! Maybe set up several
of these outside these buildings for everybody to use.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Can't UPS a box of stuff to the NYC branch of Salvation Army?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"dpb" wrote in message ...

Been very involved in the longterm recovery branch of particular
denomination and work very closely w/ all the other organizations plus
FEMA and state/local authorities, etc., ...

There's a _lot_ more organization and effort behind the scenes in
coordination and logistics, etc., that one generally doesn't think about
but it requires that or everybody just jams up on top of themselves.
The more congested the area to begin with, the more of a pita it is to
have to deal with owing to that as well as simply the difficulties of
the work itself.

Individuals can help of course on a small scale locally independently
but even volunteers en masse need a coordination effort to be able to
effectively contribute and _somebody_ has to do that after the immediate
instantaneous response is over...

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff
like food, matches, camping fuel, etc. Is there
a process to donate supplies, which will be
given to needy folks, with minimum of theft,
or diversion?

I looked at the Salvation Army web site, but they
do not adress this question. I have no cash to
donate, but I could ship some canned goods,
flashlights and batteries, shampoo, etc.

More stuff while it may be of some small help is going to clog up the
system. If all you have to donate is what it would cost to ship the stuff
then go for donating the shipping cost in cash. Take the 'stuff' to the
local food bank/outreach group as there are people local to you in need as
well.

I looked at the SA and can find little info on how to help NY/NJ etc with
cash. Someone suggested the DAV and that's likely where what little I can
offer will go.

We have friends of friends that have been hammered so we're sending via the
family network assistance. I do this with the full expectation that the
excess will be delivered person to person to those close at hand who are in
need.

Before the storm hit we sent a truck load of rebuilt gen sets to members of
our extended family in KY, NC and WVA. These were equipped to power
multiple homes. According to reports that project did what was needed for
a small group of folk and their neighbors.

So one gen set here another there three or four houses with light, fridge
and power for the furnace will make a difference. I wonder what could be
accomplished if the three gen sets sitting in the middle of central park
could do if there were put to use.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Yeah, but Major Bloombutt says it was supposed
to be a morale boost....

I've heard of folks sharing generators, and rotating
circuits. It can be done, if people are polite about it.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"NotMe" wrote in message ...

Before the storm hit we sent a truck load of rebuilt gen sets to members of
our extended family in KY, NC and WVA. These were equipped to power
multiple homes. According to reports that project did what was needed for
a small group of folk and their neighbors.

So one gen set here another there three or four houses with light, fridge
and power for the furnace will make a difference. I wonder what could be
accomplished if the three gen sets sitting in the middle of central park
could do if there were put to use.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff
like food, matches, camping fuel, etc. Is there
a process to donate supplies, which will be
given to needy folks, with minimum of theft,
or diversion?

I looked at the Salvation Army web site, but they
do not adress this question. I have no cash to
donate, but I could ship some canned goods,
flashlights and batteries, shampoo, etc.

Ask your church if they, or another local church are collecting items
to send.

Good idea.

Be aware that politics may enter the game. I recall one group in
Mississippi that trashed donated bottle water as it came from a brewery and
was in brown glass bottles.

One church group for NC showed up in NOLA with a full field kitchen. FEMA
would not let them set up because they did not have local health
inspections.

Some wag in the group had a computer, a printer and was able to fabricated
the inspection documents.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , "NotMe"
wrote:

I looked at the SA and can find little info on how to help NY/NJ etc with
cash. Someone suggested the DAV and that's likely where what little I can
offer will go.

To support The Salvation Army Disaster Relief Efforts via check, please
send your donation to:*
The Salvation Army Disaster Relief
Hurricane Sandy Relief
PO BOX 1959
Atlanta, GA 30301
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

I can imagine such cluster fronts. Your government
in action.

I remember a time before I joined the church. I was
one night drinking iced tea out of a beer bottle (I'd
capped it earlier that night) and one of the guys kept
telling me to go easy on that stuff. I assured him this
stuff didn't make me drunk.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"NotMe" wrote in message ...

Be aware that politics may enter the game. I
recall one group in Mississippi that trashed
donated bottle water as it came from a brewery
and was in brown glass bottles.

One church group for NC showed up in NOLA
with a full field kitchen. FEMA would not let
them set up because they did not have local health
inspections.

Some wag in the group had a computer, a printer
and was able to fabricated the inspection documents.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/5/2012 3:40 PM, Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:34:04 -0800, Bill
wrote:

In article , cayoung61
says...

The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff
like food, matches, camping fuel, etc.

Well think about this first!

Wind does not make the existing food in people's homes suddenly
disappear! Nor does an earthquake. All the food people had there
before the storm is still there. (Canned and dry goods.)

If the home is still standing..and wasnt flooded and washed out

Just refrigerated or frozen food would go bad, but no point
in sending that as it will go bad if they still do not have
electricity.

Most helpful would be flashlights, hand operated can openers,
batteries, and camping cook stoves / fuel.

Also send along instructions to NOT use those cooking
stoves in their high rise apartments! Maybe set up several
of these outside these buildings for everybody to use.

Or open the ****ing windows. A 18 and 19 yr old pair of girls died
when they were running a genset INSIDE their dwelling with no windows
open

And the trend is growing....

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...amily-members/

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...county-family/

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2...ntify_wom.html
They had the genny running...in their basement!!!!

"Fourteen deaths in New Jersey have been attributed to Hurricane Sandy
and its aftermath. They included two Newark sisters, ages 18 and 19,
who died of carbon monoxide poisoning after keeping a generator too
close to their home, and a New Brunswick man who was found dead this
morning in a suspected death from a generator. "

Idiots!!

Gunner

--

I've always thought that the modern world should be as dangerous as
possible. None of this namby-pamby safety crap. Let the stupid die,

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/5/2012 3:53 PM, NotMe wrote:
[...]

It would be interesting if apartment buildings had a built in outside
connection to hook up a trailer mounted genset. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

I heard that on the radio, the wild dogs killed the boy. He survived the
fall.

=============================
U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH!
08/19/08 | Unknown

I got this funny story in a chain mail:
A biker is riding by the zoo, when he sees a little girl leaning into the
lion's cage.
Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and tries to pull her
inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.
The biker jumps off his bike, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on
the nose with a powerful punch.
Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the
biker brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.
A New York Times reporter has watched the whole event.
The reporter addressing the biker says, "Sir, this was the most gallant and
brave thing I saw a man do in my whole life."
The biker replies, "Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was behind bars. I
just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right."
The reporter says, "Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a
journalist from the New York Times, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have
this story on the front page... So, what do you do for a living and what
political affiliation do you have?'"
The biker replies, "I'm a U.S. Marine, and I'm a Republican."
The journalist leaves.
The following morning the biker buys The New York Times to see if it indeed
brings news of his actions, and reads, on front page:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I've always thought that the modern world should be as dangerous as
possible. None of this namby-pamby safety crap. Let the stupid die,
then adults who fail to protect their children and keep them safe would
pay the price by losing them to the Grim Reaper. Dead stupid people
don't reproduce. I read a heartbreaking story about a woman who put her
two year old son on a guard rail at a zoo and the child slipped, falling
into a pack of African painted dogs. It's not sure if the fall killed
the child or the pack of dogs that descended upon the kid. The mother
of the unfortunate child did something extremely stupid and it has not
been determined if ant criminal charges will be brought against her yet.
I get very angry when I hear of children being hurt or killed due to the
stupidity of adults. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Them, and gas stations?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

It would be interesting if apartment buildings had a built in outside
connection to hook up a trailer mounted genset. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

[...]

Whenever a government agency gets involved in any situation, stupidity
always rears its ugly head. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I can imagine such cluster fronts. Your government
in action.

I remember a time before I joined the church. I was
one night drinking iced tea out of a beer bottle (I'd
capped it earlier that night) and one of the guys kept
telling me to go easy on that stuff. I assured him this
stuff didn't make me drunk.

I was legend in some people's minds a few years ago when my friends
were out drinking. I couldn't at the time because of some medication I
was on so I drank diet cokes. Some thought it was rum and coke and were
suitably impressed with drinking abilities (grin)
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

You have a talent for understatement.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

Whenever a government agency gets involved
in any situation, stupidity
always rears its ugly head. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Donating and drinking

Well, that's one way to win the drinking game.
Don't drink alcohol. I like the technique.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...

I was legend in some people's minds a few years ago
when my friends were out drinking. I couldn't at the
time because of some medication I was on so I drank
diet cokes. Some thought it was rum and coke and were
suitably impressed with drinking abilities (grin)
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/5/2012 6:14 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
You have a talent for understatement.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

Whenever a government agency gets involved
in any situation, stupidity
always rears its ugly head. O_o

TDD

Are New York and New Jersey the only two states that had damage? Anyone
helping the other states? Maybe they are man enough to help themselves.
Just sayin'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 18:36:24 -0500, Chuck wrote:

Are New York and New Jersey the only two states that had damage? Anyone
helping the other states? Maybe they are man enough to help themselves.
Just sayin'.

No.

Yes.

Okay.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:34:04 -0800, Bill
wrote:
In article cayoung61 says...

The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff
like food, matches, camping fuel, etc.

Well think about this first!

Wind does not make the existing food in people's homes suddenly
disappear! Nor does an earthquake. All the food people had there
before the storm is still there. (Canned and dry goods.)

Dry goods? That box of pasta isn't so dry after the flood.

They would have to have a way to clean the lip of the can before they
sank a can opener into it and introduced god knows what into the food.
It can be done, but only if you have what you need on hand and it's
not in the flood itself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Most cans are pop-tops these days. No need for a can-opener and nothing goes inside the can when you open it. The hurricane didn't knock anybody back into the twentieth century.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston_Smith wrote:

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 19:40:45 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Winston_Smith wrote:

Dry goods? That box of pasta isn't so dry after the flood.

You leave dry Pasta in boxes?

Most of the sheeples do. The ones at the store are.

So, you don't keep any food at home? That figures. I open the boxes
& put it into airtight containers the day I bring it home. I keep six
or seven types on hand, depending on what I can find.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

You know, that has artistic flair. I like it!

Now, do something with flashlights.

"Do something with flashlights"? What kind of pervert are you?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11-05-2012 18:06, The Daring Dufas wrote:
Whenever a government agency gets involved in any situation, stupidity
always rears its ugly head. O_o

Bureaucrat, n. - Person who cuts red tape lengthwise.

--
Wes Groleau

Armchair Activism: http://www.breakthechain.org/armchair.html

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston_Smith wrote:

Dry goods? That box of pasta isn't so dry after the flood.

You leave dry Pasta in boxes?

Most of the sheeples do. The ones at the store are.

So, you don't keep any food at home? That figures. I open the boxes
& put it into airtight containers the day I bring it home. I keep six
or seven types on hand, depending on what I can find.

God, you do love to misconstrue, don't you? I have in depth food
storage, put up properly for long term storage, thank you.

That's beside the point. My comments referred to the people that were
in the storms path. The average Joe does not do as you and I so the
idea that their pasta is dry packed is just plain silly. I doubt you
are actually so stupid as to misunderstand that, so I'll just say
troll on my good man.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/5/2012 5:48 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 17:31:05 -0700, Steve from Colorado
wrote:

Now, now. The Mormon is a conservative. In his world that means be a
spend thrift and blame someone else. To him, stepping up, being a man,
and taking responsibility for your own actions is a silly liberal idea.

Linsey Lohan agrees! ;))

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/30/lindsay-lohan-urges-hurricane-sandy-victims-to-top-projecting-negativity-other/?intcmp=obnetwork
Lindsay Lohan .... Stop projecting negativity! Think positive and pray for
peace," she posted on her Twitter page. She also posted the hashtag
#hurricanesassy, which soon had its own Wikipedia page.

Actress Mindy Kaling was also less than impressed with the storm, which
has taken dozens of lives.

Well over 100 by the latest count.

"9 months from now hopefully we will have some
cool Hurricane Sandy babies!

Aaah yes, the younger generation that will be running the world in
another ten years. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

On the west coast we never get to bond over weather panic. We're
like oh no an earthquake for 2 seconds, then go to spin class or
whatever, she wrote.

She might want to check with the people that were trapped in the
pancaked bridge or the millions of commuters that had to go the long
way around for a very long time until the bridge was rebuilt.

Maybe, in the tradition of Ronald Reagan, Arnold Schwarzenegger and
Sonny Bono, Lindsey Lohan and Mindy Kaling will run for political office
and impress everyone with their leadership ability and great intellect.
;)))))
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Winston_Smith wrote:

Dry goods? That box of pasta isn't so dry after the flood.

You leave dry Pasta in boxes?

Most of the sheeples do. The ones at the store are.

So, you don't keep any food at home? That figures. I open the boxes
& put it into airtight containers the day I bring it home. I keep six
or seven types on hand, depending on what I can find.

Same here.

The 99c stores are a decent place for such containers btw. You will
simply have to hit a few to find what you want.

A lot of the "jars" one finds at Sams Club etc that hold candy,
peanuts and whatnot..the tall ones..work pretty well for spagettie and
longer pasta. I tend to give my jars a shot of Argon from the welding
shop before closing them up. Stuff lasts for years.

I buy the big containers of spices from Sam's Club and save them for
pasta, cereal and other bulk food. You never know when you'll need a
gallon of dried onions, black pepper or chili powder.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston_Smith wrote:

Dry goods? That box of pasta isn't so dry after the flood.

You leave dry Pasta in boxes?

Most of the sheeples do. The ones at the store are.

So, you don't keep any food at home? That figures. I open the boxes
& put it into airtight containers the day I bring it home. I keep six
or seven types on hand, depending on what I can find.

God, you do love to misconstrue, don't you? I have in depth food
storage, put up properly for long term storage, thank you.

That's beside the point. My comments referred to the people that were
in the storms path. The average Joe does not do as you and I so the
idea that their pasta is dry packed is just plain silly. I doubt you
are actually so stupid as to misunderstand that, so I'll just say
troll on my good man.

So, no one in New England knows the proper way to store food? Glad
to know that.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Yeah, but Major Bloombutt says it was supposed

I'm sure being the heathen you are, you will ask for forgiveness when you
play weekend Christian.