Posted to alt.home.repair
JB JB is offline

Default Donating Kitchen Cabinets???

I've heard you can donate cabinets (and other home fixtures) for re-
sale to the less fortunate rather than put them out for the trash
haulers and add to a landfill. I'm having trouble finding a website
or info for the Washington DC metro area.

Any pointers?? THanks!

--Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair

JB wrote:
I've heard you can donate cabinets (and other home fixtures) for re-
sale to the less fortunate rather than put them out for the trash
haulers and add to a landfill. I'm having trouble finding a website
or info for the Washington DC metro area.

Any pointers?? THanks!

--Jeff

Habitat for Humanity is probably a good place to start.
http://www.habitat.org/

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

Also see if there's a freecycle group nearby: www.freecycle.org

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

JB wrote:
I've heard you can donate cabinets (and other home fixtures) for re-
sale to the less fortunate rather than put them out for the trash
haulers and add to a landfill. I'm having trouble finding a website
or info for the Washington DC metro area.

Any pointers?? THanks!

--Jeff

http://www.habitatnova.org/restore/

Posted to alt.home.repair
JB JB is offline

Yup...that did it. They have a link to "ReStore". Free pickup!

Thanks.

--Jeff

On Oct 31, 10:14 am, "Jeff Cohen" wrote:
Try your local Habitat for Humanity

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://cnd-industry.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JB" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've heard you can donate cabinets (and other home fixtures) for re-
sale to the less fortunate rather than put them out for the trash
haulers and add to a landfill. I'm having trouble finding a website
or info for the Washington DC metro area.

Any pointers?? THanks!

--Jeff

a real quick way (to get rid of them) is put them on craigslist with a
picture. i put my old cabinets on cl and they were gone in about 5 min.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dee Dee is offline

JB wrote in
ups.com:

I've heard you can donate cabinets (and other home fixtures) for re-
sale to the less fortunate rather than put them out for the trash
haulers and add to a landfill. I'm having trouble finding a website
or info for the Washington DC metro area.

Any pointers?? THanks!

--Jeff

When I remodeled my kitchen I donated the cabinets, countertop, sink and
faucet to St. Vincent de Paul.

Dee

Kitchen Cabinets david lang UK diy 5 October 2nd 05 11:53 AM
Kitchen cabinets Janis Woodworking 3 March 12th 05 06:58 PM
Kitchen cabinets Alexander Galkin Woodworking 13 March 5th 05 02:28 PM
Donating service manuals to public libraries Sidney Electronics Repair 4 January 10th 05 10:40 PM
Kitchen Cabinets Mike Home Repair 0 July 28th 04 04:32 PM