Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Donating to NYC

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 21:37:11 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Winston_Smith wrote:

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 19:40:45 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Winston_Smith wrote:

Dry goods? That box of pasta isn't so dry after the flood.

You leave dry Pasta in boxes?

Most of the sheeples do. The ones at the store are.

So, you don't keep any food at home? That figures. I open the boxes
& put it into airtight containers the day I bring it home. I keep six
or seven types on hand, depending on what I can find.

Same here.

The 99c stores are a decent place for such containers btw. You will
simply have to hit a few to find what you want.

A lot of the "jars" one finds at Sams Club etc that hold candy,
peanuts and whatnot..the tall ones..work pretty well for spagettie and
longer pasta. I tend to give my jars a shot of Argon from the welding
shop before closing them up. Stuff lasts for years.

I buy the big containers of spices from Sam's Club and save them for
pasta, cereal and other bulk food. You never know when you'll need a
gallon of dried onions, black pepper or chili powder.