Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Donating to NYC

On 11/5/2012 3:40 PM, Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:34:04 -0800, Bill
wrote:

In article , cayoung61
says...

The folks in NYC must need a LOT of stuff
like food, matches, camping fuel, etc.

Well think about this first!

Wind does not make the existing food in people's homes suddenly
disappear! Nor does an earthquake. All the food people had there
before the storm is still there. (Canned and dry goods.)

If the home is still standing..and wasnt flooded and washed out

Just refrigerated or frozen food would go bad, but no point
in sending that as it will go bad if they still do not have
electricity.

Most helpful would be flashlights, hand operated can openers,
batteries, and camping cook stoves / fuel.

Also send along instructions to NOT use those cooking
stoves in their high rise apartments! Maybe set up several
of these outside these buildings for everybody to use.

Or open the ****ing windows. A 18 and 19 yr old pair of girls died
when they were running a genset INSIDE their dwelling with no windows
open

And the trend is growing....

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...amily-members/

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...county-family/

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2...ntify_wom.html
They had the genny running...in their basement!!!!

"Fourteen deaths in New Jersey have been attributed to Hurricane Sandy
and its aftermath. They included two Newark sisters, ages 18 and 19,
who died of carbon monoxide poisoning after keeping a generator too
close to their home, and a New Brunswick man who was found dead this
morning in a suspected death from a generator. "

Idiots!!

Gunner

--

I've always thought that the modern world should be as dangerous as
possible. None of this namby-pamby safety crap. Let the stupid die,

TDD