Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Donating to NYC

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:58:28 -0800 (PST), Mighty Wannabe
wrote:

A self-respecting survivalist in his financial situation should be
eating raccoons and squirrels around his trailer rather than SlimFast.
He can make fur coats and hats with those critters. The animal fat can
be used for makeshift oil lamp with a spoon and a wick.

Just how does he kill them critters? He does not own a gun. He told us
once, that while under his bed the flashlight batteries died.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
A self-respecting survivalist in his financial situation should be
eating raccoons and squirrels around his trailer rather than SlimFast.
He can make fur coats and hats with those critters. The animal fat can
be used for makeshift oil lamp with a spoon and a wick.

Just how does he kill them critters? He does not own a gun. He told us
once, that while under his bed the flashlight batteries died.

Here is a very good Canadian website for makeshift survival animal
traps. Stormin can eat raccoons, wear coon fur coats, coon hats and
coon moccasins, and burn coon oil lamps year round without any
money:
http://www.survivalbill.ca/wordpress/?cat=8

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

misanthrope wrote:

You were issued these items:

1: Arctic sleeping bag.
2: Tent half. (Canvas tarp)
3: Arctic insulated boots w/pressure release.
4: Folding Shovel.
5: A couple matches.
6: Korean war surplus rations.

You sat through a four hour class that told you what you had to do to
be safe, and to survive three days at under -20F. Even then, some
thought they were smarter than the instructors.

Now that sounds like a challenge! I camped in winter for my first time
last year and failed miserably! We spent one night in -5F temps and
we traveled to our camping spot in in a storm. I could only stay warm
if I kept moving, so I did not sleep at all! I'm going to try it again
this year with the same group. I have a MSS which I'm hoping will keep
me warmer at night. I'm waiting for colder weather now so that I can
test said theory by camping on my porch for a night in cold temps.

You used the tent half to make a lean to, then piled snow over it and
one the open side& on the end facing the wind. The snow was
insulation. You remove your arctic boots and put them inside the arctic
sleeping bag with you, to prevent frostbite the next morning. You zip
the sleeping bag up tight and just leave a big enough opening to
breath. Done properly, it wasn't a cold or that uncomfortable night.

Thanks for sharing the strategy!
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Thank you, on behalf of those Disabled Veterans. Not all of them can
get help from the VA when they need it. The DAV does what it can to
help. They also buy the large vans used to transport veternas to
appointments at VA hospitals.

I'm wary of them..as Ive shopped in many many of their stores and was
not..not impressed by their setup, their pricing or their staffs.

Not run or operated by veterans or family from what I can see....least
around this part of California.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...ary&orgid=7589

http://www.military-money-matters.co...#axzz2BOP97rxI

http://www.bbb.org/charity-reviews/n...spring-ky-1692

Seems my gut instinct was right.....based on the above reviews.

I also sent $20 to St. Vincent de Paul, which maxed out my ability to
contribute for a week or two.. They are also iffy..but my experience
with them is pretty good in a number of stores and via stories related
to me by people helped by them.

I've never seen a thrift store owned by a Veteran's group, but there
are a lot of thrift stores who claim to donate a percentage of the
profits to a Veteran or other non profit group. They think people will
pay more, because it goes to some non profit group. In some cases, they
make that non profit look bad by the way they run the business.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

misanthrope wrote:

misanthrope wrote:

[...]

You're welcome. The most important thing to do is think, before you
act. You rarely get a second chance under those conditions.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston_Smith wrote:

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 23:36:10 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Winston_Smith wrote:

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:48:56 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

So, no one in New England knows the proper way to store food?

Glad to know that.

What a trolling fool you are proving to be. Most people don't know
that. Many of the people in the storm area consider themselves

lucky to HAVE a box of pasta. Certainly some know how to pack food
but most either don't know or haven't done it.

You have a knack for going from the general to the specific and

back to the general if it fits your silly games.

By the way, we are all glad to learn New Jersey and New York City

are in New England. Must have been a hell of a tidal push.

YAwn.

Awww, is the poor widdle troll tired? I guess getting your ass lobed
off, half jellied and the other half dehydrated, salted, and then
handed back to you does take away all your ambition for a while.

Rest well, my friend.

--
Create wealth help your local businesman
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

terryc wrote:

but the poaster doesn't

'Poaster'?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 00:05:46 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

terryc wrote:

but the poaster doesn't

'Poaster'?

Terry is British, or Aussie or some other similar uneducated dreck.

1. Lie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

terryc wrote:

but the poaster doesn't

'Poaster'?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poaster

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

misanthrope wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poaster

I thought the 'poachster' was a put on until I found the Tefal Toast n Egg:

http://www.tefal.co.uk/All+Products/...s/Toast+n+Egg/

Fortunately, it seems to be an UK/Australia item. Wonder if it has an
auxilliary Vegemite/Marmite spreader?