Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Transfer liquids between bottles

How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?
Posted to alt.home.repair

.. wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Siphon. Fill a tube with the liquid, put one bottle higher than the other,
tube in each.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 08:40:50 -0700 (PDT), "."
wrote:

How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

That's what funnels are made for.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 26, 2012 8:40:50 AM UTC-7, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Think of Old Spice Aftershave bottles; they have very small mouths.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Funnel in the lower bottle.

We need more information, please.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"." wrote in message
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 26, 2012 11:53:25 AM UTC-4, . wrote:
Think of Old Spice Aftershave bottles; they have very small mouths.

Some grocery/department stores will have sets of very small funnels in their kitchenware departments. If the liquid is fairly thin, you can siphon with aquarium tubing. If the bottles are not too deep or oddly shaped a basting syringe would be an option.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 26, 2012 8:40:50 AM UTC-7, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "." wrote:

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one Old
Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle

Sounds good. In the future, the old chemist's trick is to put a rod of some
sort into the receiving vessel, and pour from the source vessel onto the rod.
The liquid will tend to cling to the rod and will go right into the
narrow-mouthed receptacle. In your case, the rod can be as simple as a
drinking straw.

Art
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:26:57 -0700 (PDT), "."
wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2012 8:40:50 AM UTC-7, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Wait a minute, you changed it. You said 2 bottles, and you used 3.
No fair.
Posted to alt.home.repair

If you'd provided more complete information, we'd have suggested that, uh,
well, couple days ago.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"." wrote in message

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one
Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the
liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/2012 10:40 AM, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

If the bottle mouths are small and the same size, you could put your
thumb over the op of the full one while turning it over and setting it
on top of the other bottle. If the liquid is thick and slow, you might
want some support for the bottle that's on top.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"The moment you alter your perception of yourself and your future, both
you and your future begin to change." -- Marilee Zdenek
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2012 8:40:50 AM UTC-7, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Wait a minute, you changed it. You said 2 bottles, and you used 3.
No fair.

It's a case of the imaginary "only". He said 2 bottles, nothing about
having no more available. The problem was not changed.

BTW, it it's sticky liquid, some will be lost in that plastic squeeze
bottle.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"The moment you alter your perception of yourself and your future, both
you and your future begin to change." -- Marilee Zdenek
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/2012 1:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one
Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the
liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Good thinking, Stormon Mormin!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Drink the liquid in bottle "A". Urinate into bottle "B".
If your dick is as small as your brain, it should fit right into the
narrow-mouthed bottle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2012 8:40:50 AM UTC-7, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from
one Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then
transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Wait a minute, you changed it. You said 2 bottles, and you used 3.
No fair.

It's a case of the imaginary "only". He said 2 bottles, nothing about
having no more available. The problem was not changed.

BTW, it it's sticky liquid, some will be lost in that plastic squeeze bottle.

Some will be lost in the squeeze bottle whether it's thick or thin. It's
only the amount that will be different.

Here's an old cooking trick to use with molasses:

Coat the measuring spoon or cup with cooking oil before pouring the
molasses in. The molasses with slide right off into your mixing bowl.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 10/26/2012 10:40 AM, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

If the bottle mouths are small and the same size, you could put your
thumb over the op of the full one while turning it over and setting it
on top of the other bottle. If the liquid is thick and slow, you might
want some support for the bottle that's on top.

it won't work very well unless you poke a hole in the top of the bottle on top
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 08:53:24 -0700 (PDT), "."
wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2012 8:40:50 AM UTC-7, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Think of Old Spice Aftershave bottles; they have very small mouths.

hyperdermic needle

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Mark Lloyd
wrote:

[snip]

it won't work very well unless you poke a hole in the top of the bottle on top

Sometimes you need to do that. It can help with cans of food too.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"The moment you alter your perception of yourself and your future, both
you and your future begin to change." -- Marilee Zdenek

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/2012 1:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one
Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the
liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

I got a better idea...throw both bottles in the garbage.

In my opinion, Old Spice smells like the ass end of a menstruating skunk.

People that wear Old Spice in public should be fined.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Is it a bit too off the wall? To note that the
poster who is siphoning aftershave out of
the bottle goes by the screen name "period"?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Saul Bloom" wrote in message

"." wrote in message

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one
Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred
the
liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

I got a better idea...throw both bottles in the garbage.

In my opinion, Old Spice smells like the ass end
of a menstruating skunk.

People that wear Old Spice in public should be fined.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2012 8:40:50 AM UTC-7, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Sometimes I do the same with pouring water in my car battery using a
old mustard squeeze bottle. Works well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2012 8:40:50 AM UTC-7, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave bottle).

Sometimes I do the same with pouring water in my car battery using a
old mustard squeeze bottle. Works well.

Had a transmission fluid leak on the old TransSport that required
adding about a pint of ATF a day while on a trip. Miserable thing to
get to the trans filler/dipstick with an oil container so I grabbed a
sport drink bottle out of the reash (one with a push/pull "nipple" to
drink out of) and filled it with ATF. Tip the "nipple" into the filler
tube, pull the cap open, and squeeze. No more pouring fluid all over
the engine compartment (at least from the top)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Saul Bloom wrote in
:

On 10/26/2012 1:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from
one Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then
transferred the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice
Aftershave bottle).

I got a better idea...throw both bottles in the garbage.

In my opinion, Old Spice smells like the ass end of a menstruating
skunk.

I can't wait till one comes by to check that out.

People that wear Old Spice in public should be fined.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"." wrote in message
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Google "funnel"

Posted to alt.home.repair

"." wrote in message
On Friday, October 26, 2012 8:40:50 AM UTC-7, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Think of Old Spice Aftershave bottles; they have very small mouths.

Think of teeny funnels. They make them.

Other than that, maybe a hypodermic syringe and cut off needle. Or very
small tubing. You can actually get free syringes at the pharmacist if you
don't look too bad. Might even talk them out of a "butterfly" minus the
needle, which is a tiny tube that fits onto the syringe.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"." wrote in message
On Friday, October 26, 2012 8:40:50 AM UTC-7, . wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Solved! (I found a plastic squeeze bottle. I poured the liquid from one
Old Spice Aftershave bottle into the squeeze bottle. I then transferred
the liquid from the squeeze bottle to the other Old Spice Aftershave
bottle).

And it probably has a lot to do with the liquid. You can be sloppy with
paint thinner. You can't be sloppy with acid.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , dadiOH wrote:
. wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Siphon. Fill a tube with the liquid, put one bottle higher than the other,
tube in each.

Yes. Now, how to get it started?

Next, what if the stuff is poison or lye or the like?

Serious questions -- I'd like to know in case I have to
some day.

David

Posted to alt.home.repair

If the source bottle is flexible, you may be
able to wrap your hand around the neck of
the bottle, to seal it. Squeeze the bottle, and
the presure will force liquid through the tube.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"David Combs" wrote in message
Siphon. Fill a tube with the liquid, put one bottle higher than the other,
tube in each.

Yes. Now, how to get it started?

Next, what if the stuff is poison or lye or the like?

Serious questions -- I'd like to know in case I have to
some day.

David

Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Combs" wrote in message
In article , dadiOH
wrote:
. wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Siphon. Fill a tube with the liquid, put one bottle higher than the
other,
tube in each.

Yes. Now, how to get it started?

Next, what if the stuff is poison or lye or the like?

Serious questions -- I'd like to know in case I have to
some day.

Get a siphon hose
Long hose with a bulb at one end that does the sucking
Target container needs to be lower than the source

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 19:43:59 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

If the tube is filled with the liquid, and one end is lower than the
other, that will start the siphoning.
I wouldn't siphon lye or poisonous liquids, but you can do it using
caution.
Take some clear aquarium tubing and try it with water to understand
how it works.
You need a tube more than 2 times longer than the depth of the
container you're siphoning from.

snip

All of this is almost as bad as the guy who uses his cellphone and types
in a text message to contact his buddy, who is sitting at the other end
of the bar.

Just use frikkin funnel, for crying out loud. Why does everything have
to be high tech these days??? I swear, we live in a generation of
idiots.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/15/2012 06:43 PM, David Combs wrote:
In article , dadiOH wrote:
. wrote:
How can I transfer liquids between two narrow-mouthed bottles?

Siphon. Fill a tube with the liquid, put one bottle higher than the other,
tube in each.

Yes. Now, how to get it started?

Next, what if the stuff is poison or lye or the like?

Wait until Friday :-)