Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] homeowner@home.com is offline

Default Transfer liquids between bottles

On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 19:43:59 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

If the tube is filled with the liquid, and one end is lower than the
other, that will start the siphoning.
I wouldn't siphon lye or poisonous liquids, but you can do it using
caution.
Take some clear aquarium tubing and try it with water to understand
how it works.
You need a tube more than 2 times longer than the depth of the
container you're siphoning from.

snip

All of this is almost as bad as the guy who uses his cellphone and types
in a text message to contact his buddy, who is sitting at the other end
of the bar.

Just use frikkin funnel, for crying out loud. Why does everything have
to be high tech these days??? I swear, we live in a generation of
idiots.....