Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

We're smart enough to know that many years of repubs trashing the American
economy can't be undone in 2 years. At least it isn't going bad anywhere near
like it was when Bush left office.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:ia7sbq
:

Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

This democrat is retiring ...

Maybe now I can get some woodworking done.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZ1j...eature=related

Explain with great precision exactly what you would've done differently from
Obama if you'd been the president to follow George W. Bush. Failure to
explain your plan in your next message will be an admission that you are
drunk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 7:47*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

We're smart enough to know that many years of repubs trashing the American
economy can't be undone in 2 years. At least it isn't going bad anywhere near
like it was when Bush left office.

Check this out...http://www.marke****ch.com/story/reagan-insider-gop-
destroyed-us-economy-2010-08-10?pagenumber=2

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

Another business owner, who has no business being in business.

Who's fault is this? Wait for it............... The Democrats!

Stormin - if you're not on meds, it's about time you get on them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:ia7sbq
:

Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

Jack and Jill worked at the mill
until the work did slack off.
I can't decide,
the manager cried
whether to lay Jill or Jack off!

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 8:38*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Most people will ignore your bait.
Some will rise to it and agree with you and point out how wonderful
the Republican party is.
Others will disagree and point out how horrible the Republican party
is.
I am leaving your bait untouched, and will ask you a question instead.

As a, presumably, man of Jesus, what did you do to help out those
unfortunate people? Did you offer to try to help the son? Point him
in the direction of some work, ask if he had any other marketable
skills, offer to hire him for even a few hours of paid work? Did you
tell the father something to soothe his soul and offer him hope? Or
did you decide that bitching and moaning on Usenet to further your
political views would cover all of your bases and get you into heaven
that much sooner?

Problems are never solved by dividing people. Even in war, unless
there is overwhelming military superiority, AND the other side doesn't
really care if they win or lose, things are decided and solved by
people coming together.

We are not at war, we are one people with problems that need to be
solved.
Neither side has overwhelming superiority of any sort.
No need to answer my question if you did anything for the laid off son
- I already know the answer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 20:38:06 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

It MAY have been a lot worse with the other guys in power.

And it ain't over yet.Won't be for several more years, regardless
who's running the asylum.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 5:38*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

I have been hesitating on posting this question for the past several
days but Stormin Mormon you just convinced me to do so. As a
contractor in Southern California (the stronghold of Democrats) I have
been busy as a one armed paper hanger lately. A far cry from February
to April of this year when I hardly had anyone call. I would
appreciate any input from any contractors out there as to why. Tell
your mechanic that maybe his son needs to join the Army like my son
did because he didn’t want to get sewage and grease on his hands like
me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

If not for Obama's policies the father would likely also be laid off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/2010 7:47 PM, Bob F wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

We're smart enough to know that many years of repubs trashing the American
economy can't be undone in 2 years. At least it isn't going bad anywhere near
like it was when Bush left office.

Republicans disgust me but Democrats are special, they horrify me. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27 Oct 2010 02:19:40 GMT, Joe Carthy
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

What!? He must be a terrible mechanic. The shop I use has so much
business.

Here in Kitchener/Waterloo you can fire a cannon through the average
automotive shop 3 days out of 5 without any danger of hitting
anything. My brother's shop is one of the busier small shops (3 men, 5
bays including an alignment rack and A/C equipment - they handle just
about anything)
There are times when he has more work than they can handle - but more
days when there's barely enough work for one man.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/2010 7:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

I'm enjoying life and definitely plan to vote Democratic again in
exactly one week.

Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more
of this change? I hope not.

We're smart enough to know that many years of repubs trashing the
American economy can't be undone in 2 years. At least it isn't going
bad anywhere near like it was when Bush left office.

Good point. During the first six years of the Bush administration
unemployment averaged 5%, the stock market topped 14,000, there were 24
consecutive months of economic growth. All this in spite of two wars,
Katrina, and 9/11.

Then the Democrats took control of Congress...

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more
of this change? I hope not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZ1j...eature=related

Explain with great precision exactly what you would've done
differently from Obama if you'd been the president to follow George
W. Bush. Failure to explain your plan in your next message will be an
admission that you are drunk.

Gosh! We'd be here all night. I'll tackle just one: tax cuts.

The Congress has known for TEN YEARS that the tax cuts are going to expire
on January 1st. Neither they nor the president have done squat about it.

This uncertainty is driving the business community nuts. Businesses HATE the
unknown. Without knowing what their tax burden will be next year, they can't
plan. They can't invest. They can't hire.

Come January 1st, everybody's tax rates on wages will rise by 5%. Capital
gains for the lowest tax brackets will go from 0% to 10%, everybody else
will rise from 15% to 20%. The inheritance tax will go from zero to 55%. The
number of people paying the Alternative Minimum Tax will jump from 4 million
to 27 million (36% of all married couples will have to pay the AMT).

Some of these increases may not take place, but we still don't know which or
when the fix will occur.

Assuming Congress returns the week after the elections and gets right to
work, passing at least some kind of tax bill, without filibustering and
other delaying tactics, we'll be at mid-November before a bill gets signed.
The Treasury Department must then compute, print, and distribute literally
millions of tax tables to individuals and businesses across the land.

Software companies must modify and test their payroll software, then deploy
hundreds of thousands of copies.

During the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season.

It's a cluster-****.

So, you ask, what could have been done differently? Had Obama tackled this
issue fifteen months ago, businesses would probably have invested more,
hired more, expanded more. And the economy would be better for it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Hmm. Did the son vote for the current administration? If so, he got what he
wanted. Further, his vote adversely affected me, so my bag of Christian
charity is, um, down to lumps of coal.

Problems are never solved by dividing people. Even in war, unless
there is overwhelming military superiority, AND the other side doesn't
really care if they win or lose, things are decided and solved by
people coming together.

In war, things are decided by vanquishing the foe, not negotiation. The
Allies put Germany and Japan back to the Stone Age, and now they are our
fast friends. The conflicts between North & South Korea, the Jews and the
Arabs, Greece and Turkey, and almost all the rest that have been "settled"
by "cease fires" and "truce" are not really settled at all.

We are not at war, we are one people with problems that need to be
solved.

I agree. We are of one mind on the problems, we differ on the solution.

Neither side has overwhelming superiority of any sort.

Agreed. Although one prognosticator opines that, if the full Senate were up
for a vote, Republicans would be at better than a 60-seat majority with a
good chance of override-veto level (67 seats).
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/f...ty-polls-show/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Larry W wrote:

If not for Obama's policies the father would likely also be laid off.

Many are. Bankruptcies are legion.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 7:38*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Ain't it interesting that every politician, regardless of affiliation,
in the 45 years I've been voting has been a proponent of "changing how
things are done in Washington" and yet it never changes?

Country
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

As a, presumably, man of Jesus, what did you do to help out those
unfortunate people?

Reassured them it wasn't their fault.
-----

- gpsman

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

So your captain steers the ocean liner onto the rocks, and now you're
blaming the tugboat captain because he hasn't been able to pull the liner
off yet?

Who took the cop off the beat on Wall St.?

Who doubled the federal debt in large part due to an unjustified war, which
according to the CBO will end up costing well over two trillion dollars
(much of it borrowed from our dear friend China)?

Who decided torturing prisoners was a good way to go?

Who figured the feds shouldn't need a court order to listen to your phone
calls or read your e-mails?

Who was President when TARP was signed into law, who bailed out GM and
Chrysler and AIG?

In other words, Einstein, who was in charge when all this **** hit the fan?

I have no illusions about the Dems being incompetent and corrupt if they're
left in office long enough, they are no different from the Repubs in that
respect. But I am astonished at how short the memories of some folks are,
people who apparently believe that the clowns who aimed the ship at the
rocks are the ones we should now trust not to do it again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Good point. During the first six years of the Bush administration
unemployment averaged 5%, the stock market topped 14,000, there were 24
consecutive months of economic growth. All this in spite of two wars,
Katrina, and 9/11.

By that logic, an airliner that crashed when it came in for landing had a
pretty good flight considering that nothing went wrong until right at the
end.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

So, you ask, what could have been done differently? Had Obama tackled this
issue fifteen months ago, businesses would probably have invested more,
hired more, expanded more. And the economy would be better for it.

Obama doesn't make the law, Congress does. And in case it's escaped your
eagle eye, in Congress the Republicans have done about everything they can
to delay, disrupt and simply stop the Dems from doing almost anything. Lone
Republican legislators have used every trick in the book to hold up federal
appointments, but we're supposed to believe the party as a whole would have
cooperated if Obama had asked them to? What color is the sky on your
planet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message

As a, presumably, man of Jesus, what did you do to help out those
unfortunate people?

LOL, the supposed Christian you're addressing uses terms like "wetbacks" to
refer to people he disapproves of, so you're the soul of generosity to
assume the teachings of Christ would have much influence on his behavior.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Country" wrote in message

Ain't it interesting that every politician, regardless of affiliation,
in the 45 years I've been voting has been a proponent of "changing how
things are done in Washington" and yet it never changes?

So long as the law allows corporations to pour billions into "campaign
donations" it will never change, not much. When corporate lobbyists write
the laws supposed to ensure oversight of the industries that hire those
lobbyists, well what should we expect to happen?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/10 9:14 PM, Bob Villa wrote:
Check this out...http://www.marke****ch.com/story/reagan-insider-gop-
destroyed-us-economy-2010-08-10?pagenumber=2

Thanks.

"We're the party that wants to see an America in which people can still
get rich." Ronald Reagan, May 4, 1982
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/27/2010 1:32 AM, DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Good point. During the first six years of the Bush administration
unemployment averaged 5%, the stock market topped 14,000, there were
24 consecutive months of economic growth. All this in spite of two
wars, Katrina, and 9/11.

By that logic, an airliner that crashed when it came in for landing had
a pretty good flight considering that nothing went wrong until right at
the end.

when the shoe shine boy took over the captains seat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Good point. During the first six years of the Bush administration
unemployment averaged 5%, the stock market topped 14,000, there were
24 consecutive months of economic growth. All this in spite of two
wars, Katrina, and 9/11.

By that logic, an airliner that crashed when it came in for landing
had a pretty good flight considering that nothing went wrong until
right at the end.

It was a good flight until the terrorists burst into the cockpit and drove
the plane into the ditch. And yeah, I'd give the keys to the plane back to
the proven pilots - but I'd strengthen the cockpit door.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more of
this change? I hope not.

Pretty good. Business is booming. Had my best month ever last month.
Just hired another worker. Kicked in another $100 to the Democratic
Senatorial Campaign Committee. Just spent $1200 on a couple of sticks of
antique furniture for my new office. Let's keep the recovery on track.
Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

In other words, Einstein, who was in charge when all this **** hit the fan?

I have no illusions about the Dems being incompetent and corrupt if
they're left in office long enough, they are no different from the
Repubs in that respect. But I am astonished at how short the memories of
some folks are, people who apparently believe that the clowns who aimed
the ship at the rocks are the ones we should now trust not to do it again.

It isn't the Dems or Repubs who are bringing us down, it is the morons
who vote. Bush was obviously a spoiled rich ne'er-do-well BEFORE he was
elected...he dropped some sound-bites about religion and morals and the
lemmings took the bait. The electorate spent, what - five years? -
obsessing about Bill Clinton's sex life while terrorists were loading
their guns. On 9/11, air traffic controllers had no clue who was
steering the planes ... OMG, THEY'RE COMING AT THE PENTAGON?!! Carpet
bombing Afghanistan for about a year would have been an appropriate
solution, and if their neighbors didn't want us using their airspace
then the policy applies to them, too. We didn't fight a war in Iraq, we
wasted thousands and thousands of lives on bad PR. The cost will not
become apparent until we begin paying for lifelong care for troops with
multiple amputations and TBI's.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

So, you ask, what could have been done differently? Had Obama
tackled this issue fifteen months ago, businesses would probably
have invested more, hired more, expanded more. And the economy would
be better for it.

Obama doesn't make the law, Congress does. And in case it's escaped
your eagle eye, in Congress the Republicans have done about
everything they can to delay, disrupt and simply stop the Dems from
doing almost anything. Lone Republican legislators have used every
trick in the book to hold up federal appointments, but we're supposed
to believe the party as a whole would have cooperated if Obama had
asked them to? What color is the sky on your planet?

I agree Congress makes the laws. For example, they passed new health care
legislation. But this new law is known as "Obamacare," not "Congresscare."
We won't know whether the tax law situation would be different today if the
president had pushed for action. But he should have.

As for Republicans stopping the Dems, that's what they were born to do. It's
what they were trained to do. It's what they need to do. For honor's sake.
For duty's sake. For glory's sake. [to paraphrase a movie voice-over]

Regarding the holding up appointments, sigh, if only. Look at Obama's
cabinet: almost all come from government or academia. Very few (like two -
Treasury and AG) have any recent experience in the private sector.

Here's the list:

State - former senator and 1st Lady
Treasury - Wall Street
Defense - holdover
Justice - law firm
Interior - former governor
Agriculture - former governor
Commerce - former governor
Labor - former House member
Health & Human Services - former governor
HUD - city department head
Transportation - former House member
Energy - academic
Education - school superintendent
Homeland security - former governor
Veteran affairs - military

This has got to be the most inexperienced cabinet since that of Ulysses S
Grant.

That said, just today, the Democratic senator from Virgina (Webb) announced
he was holding up ALL promotions of general/flag rank until he gets some
data from DOD on base closures.
http://www.startribune.com/politics/...7PQLanchO7DiUr

Posted to alt.home.repair

DGDevin wrote:
"Country" wrote in message

Ain't it interesting that every politician, regardless of
affiliation, in the 45 years I've been voting has been a proponent
of "changing how things are done in Washington" and yet it never
changes?

So long as the law allows corporations to pour billions into "campaign
donations" it will never change, not much. When corporate lobbyists
write the laws supposed to ensure oversight of the industries that
hire those lobbyists, well what should we expect to happen?

Heh! Until this year, corporations COULDN'T make independent expenditures on
behalf of a federal candidate. Now they can.

Lobbyists are the experts on pending legislation. They know how a new law
might affect their industry. Congress and regulators need expert input.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DGDevin wrote:

Who figured the feds shouldn't need a court order to listen to your
phone calls or read your e-mails?

Governments have been monitoring enemy electronic communications since the
Recent Unplesantness when both Union and Confederate forces tapped the
telegraph lines of their opposition. Early on, we broke the Japanese "Purple
Code," and the British did the same with the "Enigma" project on German
codes.

Those who dismiss this project harken back to the day when the Secretary of
State said: "Gentelmen do not read each others mail" as he closed the State
Department's codebreaking office.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"DGDevin" wrote:

Who took the cop off the beat on Wall St.?

Both parties. The cop was taken off by legislative action that, in
most cases, was passed by very large and bipartisan majorities over both
Clinton and Bush. Some of it was actually too much regulation because
multiple areas had jurisdiction, people could go shopping until they
found regulation they liked.
99% of this was psychological and would have happened under any
person. We saw classic behavior that has been seen whenever good times
have come about from the Tulip Bubble forward. The problem this time is
that good times had been good for so long (really since the mid-80s with
long expansions followed by-relatively- short recession) that people
began to figure it would go on forever and started acting like it.
The thing that really struck me is that everyone (gov't,
individual, business) began acting almost like we were in inflationary
times, although for different reasons. Everything was going to go up,
and do so forever because is always had (at least during the adult
lifetimes of a large number of people). So they began to buy things
today even with borrowed money figuring EVERYTHING would be worth more
tomorrow (as opposed to inflationary times when you buy things today to
pay for them which cheaper dollars tomorrow).
What happened this time, though is that everybody had done this.
Thus, when the bubble broke (like it had for dot com, like it will for
gold eventually, etc) EVERYBODY was overleverage and no one could take
up the slack.
Greenspan (who also contributed more than his fair share to this by
keeping cheap money floating around, summed it up" "They [financial
crises] are all different, but they have one fundamental source," he
said. "That is the unquenchable capability of human beings when
confronted with long periods of prosperity to presume that it will
continue."

Who doubled the federal debt in large part due to an unjustified war, which
according to the CBO will end up costing well over two trillion dollars
(much of it borrowed from our dear friend China)?

Which had what to do with the collapse?

Who decided torturing prisoners was a good way to go?

Which had what to do with the collapse?

Who figured the feds shouldn't need a court order to listen to your phone
calls or read your e-mails?

Which had what to do with the collapse.

Who was President when TARP was signed into law, who bailed out GM and
Chrysler and AIG?

After the election, Bush did nothing without consulting with Obama
and at the behest of a Dem-controlled Congress (which okayed it all).

In other words, Einstein, who was in charge when all this **** hit the fan?

So, who is in charge now that the **** storm is continuing.

I have no illusions about the Dems being incompetent and corrupt if they're
left in office long enough, they are no different from the Repubs in that
respect. But I am astonished at how short the memories of some folks are,
people who apparently believe that the clowns who aimed the ship at the
rocks are the ones we should now trust not to do it again.

The Dems committed the Only Unforgivable Sin in politics, they
overpromised and underdelivered.
(Although I would also submit that they show how little impact
government really has on the economy. They can screw things up, but most
of the business cycle is just a cycle.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"DGDevin" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

So, you ask, what could have been done differently? Had Obama tackled this
issue fifteen months ago, businesses would probably have invested more,
hired more, expanded more. And the economy would be better for it.

Obama doesn't make the law, Congress does. And in case it's escaped your
eagle eye, in Congress the Republicans have done about everything they can
to delay, disrupt and simply stop the Dems from doing almost anything. Lone
Republican legislators have used every trick in the book to hold up federal
appointments, but we're supposed to believe the party as a whole would have
cooperated if Obama had asked them to? What color is the sky on your
planet?

Much of the time, the Dems had a fillibuster proof majority in the
Senate. The problems they had governing were ALL related to THEIR
recalcitrant members. Never have been able to figure out why a lack of
discipline within the Dems is somehow the fault of the GOP.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Lobbyists are the experts on pending legislation. They know how a new law
might affect their industry. Congress and regulators need expert input.

And a nice counterbalance to the Congressional staff types who are
largely the doorkeepers to the Critter.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm not sure which planet you inhabit. But, where I am, the Dems have
spent several trillion dollars, and enacted all manner of legislation
that really killed the economy.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus