Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

In article ,
"DGDevin" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

So, you ask, what could have been done differently? Had Obama tackled this
issue fifteen months ago, businesses would probably have invested more,
hired more, expanded more. And the economy would be better for it.

Obama doesn't make the law, Congress does. And in case it's escaped your
eagle eye, in Congress the Republicans have done about everything they can
to delay, disrupt and simply stop the Dems from doing almost anything. Lone
Republican legislators have used every trick in the book to hold up federal
appointments, but we're supposed to believe the party as a whole would have
cooperated if Obama had asked them to? What color is the sky on your
planet?

Much of the time, the Dems had a fillibuster proof majority in the
Senate. The problems they had governing were ALL related to THEIR
recalcitrant members. Never have been able to figure out why a lack of
discipline within the Dems is somehow the fault of the GOP.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke