Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Took my truck in for oil change, today. The mechanic said that
business is so slow. The economy is really awful.

"I laid off my son, today" he says. Doesn't have enough work to pay
him.

So, how are all you Democrats enjoying life, these days? Was this the
change you were hoping for? Anyone out there going to vote for more
of this change? I hope not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Explain with great precision exactly what you would've done
differently from Obama if you'd been the president to follow George
W. Bush. Failure to explain your plan in your next message will be an
admission that you are drunk.

Gosh! We'd be here all night. I'll tackle just one: tax cuts.

The Congress has known for TEN YEARS that the tax cuts are going to expire
on January 1st. Neither they nor the president have done squat about it.

This uncertainty is driving the business community nuts. Businesses HATE the
unknown. Without knowing what their tax burden will be next year, they can't
plan. They can't invest. They can't hire.

Come January 1st, everybody's tax rates on wages will rise by 5%. Capital
gains for the lowest tax brackets will go from 0% to 10%, everybody else
will rise from 15% to 20%. The inheritance tax will go from zero to 55%. The
number of people paying the Alternative Minimum Tax will jump from 4 million
to 27 million (36% of all married couples will have to pay the AMT).

Some of these increases may not take place, but we still don't know which or
when the fix will occur.

Assuming Congress returns the week after the elections and gets right to
work, passing at least some kind of tax bill, without filibustering and
other delaying tactics, we'll be at mid-November before a bill gets signed.
The Treasury Department must then compute, print, and distribute literally
millions of tax tables to individuals and businesses across the land.

Software companies must modify and test their payroll software, then deploy
hundreds of thousands of copies.

During the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season.

It's a cluster-****.

So, you ask, what could have been done differently? Had Obama tackled this
issue fifteen months ago, businesses would probably have invested more,
hired more, expanded more. And the economy would be better for it.