Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

So, you ask, what could have been done differently? Had Obama
tackled this issue fifteen months ago, businesses would probably
have invested more, hired more, expanded more. And the economy would
be better for it.

Obama doesn't make the law, Congress does. And in case it's escaped
your eagle eye, in Congress the Republicans have done about
everything they can to delay, disrupt and simply stop the Dems from
doing almost anything. Lone Republican legislators have used every
trick in the book to hold up federal appointments, but we're supposed
to believe the party as a whole would have cooperated if Obama had
asked them to? What color is the sky on your planet?

I agree Congress makes the laws. For example, they passed new health care
legislation. But this new law is known as "Obamacare," not "Congresscare."
We won't know whether the tax law situation would be different today if the
president had pushed for action. But he should have.

As for Republicans stopping the Dems, that's what they were born to do. It's
what they were trained to do. It's what they need to do. For honor's sake.
For duty's sake. For glory's sake. [to paraphrase a movie voice-over]

Regarding the holding up appointments, sigh, if only. Look at Obama's
cabinet: almost all come from government or academia. Very few (like two -
Treasury and AG) have any recent experience in the private sector.

Here's the list:

State - former senator and 1st Lady
Treasury - Wall Street
Defense - holdover
Justice - law firm
Interior - former governor
Agriculture - former governor
Commerce - former governor
Labor - former House member
Health & Human Services - former governor
HUD - city department head
Transportation - former House member
Energy - academic
Education - school superintendent
Homeland security - former governor
Veteran affairs - military

This has got to be the most inexperienced cabinet since that of Ulysses S
Grant.

That said, just today, the Democratic senator from Virgina (Webb) announced
he was holding up ALL promotions of general/flag rank until he gets some
data from DOD on base closures.
http://www.startribune.com/politics/...7PQLanchO7DiUr