Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
Me Me is offline

Default Am I the only one who doesn't think Will Ferrell is funny?

"Mercellus Bohren" wrote in message

I liked Will Ferrell on SNL, and even in some of his earlier movies,
and pretty much in the one where he played a NASCAR moron, but, more
recently, he's just more annoying than anything.

And I do have a sense of humor and all that, and I like oddball
comedians. Louis C. K. is my favorite current comic, and his show
Louie, while uneven, is pretty freaking good.

No, you aren't.

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
Ala Ala is offline

"BUZZKILL" wrote in message

"Mercellus Bohren" wrote in message

I liked Will Ferrell on SNL, and even in some of his earlier movies,
and pretty much in the one where he played a NASCAR moron, but, more
recently, he's just more annoying than anything.

He's funny about 10% of the time and annoying the other 90% of the time.
He's made a ****load of bad movies (Elf was terrible.)

it was bizarre

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

On Aug 5, 3:01*pm, willshak wrote:

Stranger than Fiction.

It's not a good sign for a comic actor when their best work is in
something that's only barely a comedy.

Marty

Posted to alt.home.repair

"h" wrote:

"Mercellus Bohren" wrote in message

Nope. I can't stand him.

I think he's funny. So stupid and silly = funny.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
"h" wrote:

"Mercellus Bohren" wrote in message

Nope. I can't stand him.

I think he's funny. So stupid and silly = funny.

To me, that would describe Steve Martin. Will Farrell couldn't hold Steve
Martin's golf clubs.

Steve

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

"Steve B" wrote

Naw worries, mates. Some people thought that Andy Kaufman was funny.

Go figger.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeere I come to save the woooorld.

--Tedward

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

On 08/05/2010 01:50 PM, dam wrote:
On Aug 5, 2:45 pm, Mercellus wrote:
I liked Will Ferrell on SNL, and even in some of his earlier movies,
and pretty much in the one where he played a NASCAR moron, but, more
recently, he's just more annoying than anything.

And I do have a sense of humor and all that, and I like oddball
comedians. Louis C. K. is my favorite current comic, and his show
Louie, while uneven, is pretty freaking good.

I haven't laughed at him since Old School and Ron Burgundy. I'm to the
point where I pretty much can't stand watching him at all.

dam

They could substitute a cartoon monkey for him and it would be
at least as good. Will Ferrell minus Will Ferrell, like Garfield
minus Garfield.

Mysterious Traveler

--
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
~Winston Churchill

“Islam is the crack cocaine of religion” ~John Bodart

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

On Aug 5, 11:54*am, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

I AM probably the only person that didn't like Ron Burgundy. I
only watched about 20 minutes, then sent it back to Netflix.

On SNL, I liked his disco dancer character, and I liked his
impressions (Harry Caray, George Bush, James Lipton). I haven't seen
much of him in movies, but what little I have seen I haven't liked,
including Ron Burgundy. Far too sophomoric.

Huck
Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

"Huck Kennedy" wrote

I AM probably the only person that didn't like Ron Burgundy. I
only watched about 20 minutes, then sent it back to Netflix.

On SNL, I liked his disco dancer character, and I liked his
impressions (Harry Caray, George Bush, James Lipton). I haven't seen

The wannabe cheerleader skits were funny too, though they
were often longer than they needed to be.

much of him in movies, but what little I have seen I haven't liked,
including Ron Burgundy. Far too sophomoric.

I think Will Ferrell is mentioned in Oxford Dictionary's definition
of sophomoric.

--Tedward

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

"Mercellus Bohren" wrote in message
Elf?
Maybe it's THIS ****ING HEAT WAVE BUT I HATED ELF.

Agreed. The last 15 minutes was one of the worst 15 minutes of any movie
I've ever seen.

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

On Aug 5, 2:45 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
I liked Will Ferrell on SNL, and even in some of his earlier movies,
and pretty much in the one where he played a NASCAR moron, but, more
recently, he's just more annoying than anything.

And I do have a sense of humor and all that, and I like oddball
comedians. Louis C. K. is my favorite current comic, and his show
Louie, while uneven, is pretty freaking good.

No, I don't think he's funny either.

But there are quite a few I don't find funny who have been major
stars ... Sandler, Chris Farley, Mike Myers, etc.
Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
Ala Ala is offline

wrote in message
On Aug 5, 2:45 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
I liked Will Ferrell on SNL, and even in some of his earlier movies,
and pretty much in the one where he played a NASCAR moron, but, more
recently, he's just more annoying than anything.

And I do have a sense of humor and all that, and I like oddball
comedians. Louis C. K. is my favorite current comic, and his show
Louie, while uneven, is pretty freaking good.

Nope. I don't think he's funny either.

Louis CK is good. Am I the only one who liked his flop cable sitcom?

That show was amazingly funny.
Weirdly I got mugged the day after his wife did on the show (Kim).

She has popped up on another cable show. Californication i think

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
Ala Ala is offline

"Mercellus Bohren" wrote in message
On Aug 5, 2:04 pm, "
wrote:
On Aug 5, 2:45 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

I liked Will Ferrell on SNL, and even in some of his earlier movies,
and pretty much in the one where he played a NASCAR moron, but, more
recently, he's just more annoying than anything.

And I do have a sense of humor and all that, and I like oddball
comedians. Louis C. K. is my favorite current comic, and his show
Louie, while uneven, is pretty freaking good.

Nope. I don't think he's funny either.

Louis CK is good. Am I the only one who liked his flop cable sitcom?

Watched his flop cable sitcom. I think the fact that it was as 1) a
sitcom on cable, and 2) louis CK material, and 3) a sitcom on cable,
made it too different to catch on.

Wasn't it on right after Larry David's show? SHouldha been a hit

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
Ala Ala is offline

"David E. Powell" wrote in message
On Aug 5, 4:01 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
On Aug 5, 2:57 pm, Debbie wrote:

On Aug 5, 1:45 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

I liked Will Ferrell on SNL, and even in some of his earlier movies,
and pretty much in the one where he played a NASCAR moron, but, more
recently, he's just more annoying than anything.

And I do have a sense of humor and all that, and I like oddball
comedians. Louis C. K. is my favorite current comic, and his show
Louie, while uneven, is pretty freaking good.

I find a lot of what he does hilarious and some of it I can't stand.
Didn't like Talledega Nights, but laughed my ass off during
Stepbrothers. Thankfully there are enough comedic actors out there to
satisfy the different tastes

I have Stepbrothers on the instant queue. I stop on it for about 5 to
10 seconds and think about how much I like the other guy in it, but,
then see Ferrell's annoying mug, and then think better of it. The fact
that you seem to have similar comedic tastes, I might give it a go
now. By the way, would you post some gifs of yourself without clothing
for me and my friends?

Jphn C. Reilly?

Every time I hear his voice, I am convinced I am hearing one of the
characters from Huckleberry Hound, but can't remember which character

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message news:f8d22691-2fcd-4eba-b7a9-

But there are quite a few I don't find funny who have been major
stars ... Sandler, Chris Farley, Mike Myers, etc.

All of the above plus Jerry Seinfeld, Carrot Top, Ben Stiller, Rob
Schneider, Rowan Atkinson, Gilbert Gottfried, Sacha Baron Cohen, Rodney
Dangerfield, Dana Carvey, Jimmy Fallon, Bob Saget, Sinbad, Pauly Shore,
Jonathan Ross, Andy Kaufman, and many more I can't remember at the moment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ala" wrote in message
Jphn C. Reilly?

Every time I hear his voice, I am convinced I am hearing one of the
characters from Huckleberry Hound, but can't remember which character

Mr. Jinks the Cat?

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

In article
,
Mercellus Bohren wrote:

On Aug 5, 2:10Â*pm, JGibson wrote:
On Aug 5, 2:54Â*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

On Aug 5, 1:50Â*pm, dam wrote:

On Aug 5, 2:45Â*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

I liked Will Ferrell on SNL, and even in some of his earlier movies,
and pretty much in the one where he played a NASCAR moron, but, more
recently, he's just more annoying than anything.

And I do have a sense of humor and all that, and I like oddball
comedians. Louis C. K. is my favorite current comic, and his show
Louie, while uneven, is pretty freaking good.

I haven't laughed at him since Old School and Ron Burgundy. I'm to the
point where I pretty much can't stand watching him at all.

dam

-----
In heaven all the interesting people are missing. €“ Friedrich Nietzsche

Old School was just okay. His nekkid Frank the Tank schtick was all
right. I AM probably the only person that didn't like Ron Burgundy. I
only watched about 20 minutes, then sent it back to Netflix.

You are not the only person that didn't like Ron Burgundy. Â*I went to
the theater to see that movie. Â*It was between that and Dodgeball,
which I watched later on video. Â*I wish I had opten for Dodgeball that
day.

I liked Dodgeball. I really like Ben Stiller and am possibly one of
the only people who do. I think Tropic Thunder was outstanding, except
it gets less funny every time I see it (4 times now). I think it's
Jack Black that messes up Tropic Thunder for me. Apropos of nothing;
Tommy Boy still holds up after nine or 10 viewings. Tommy Boy may
never be considered one of the classic, all-time, great comedies, but
that's just wrong headed.

Hey! I like _Brain_Donors_ [1992].
And yes, _Tommy_Boy_ is great comedy, except it gets a little wet.

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

In article ,
"The Ghost Of Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:

"Mercellus Bohren" wrote

I liked Will Ferrell on SNL, and even in some of his earlier movies,
and pretty much in the one where he played a NASCAR moron, but, more
recently, he's just more annoying than anything.

And I do have a sense of humor and all that, and I like oddball
comedians. Louis C. K. is my favorite current comic, and his show
Louie, while uneven, is pretty freaking good.

I thought Caddy Shack was way over-rated but Groundhog Day
is a classic.

"Never ask a Navy man if he'll have another drink
because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already."

"Five bucks says the Smails kid picks his nose."

Al Czervik: Hey! Can you make a Bullshot?
Tony D'Annunzio: Can you make a shoe smell?
Al Czervik: Very funny. Why don't you get
yourself a real haircut? Here, take this.

"You're a lot of woman, you know that?
Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?"

"You know what he told me? On my deathbed I will
attain perfect enlightenment."

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

Mercellus Bohren wrote:
I liked Will Ferrell on SNL, and even in some of his earlier movies,
and pretty much in the one where he played a NASCAR moron, but, more
recently, he's just more annoying than anything.

And I do have a sense of humor and all that, and I like oddball
comedians. Louis C. K. is my favorite current comic, and his show
Louie, while uneven, is pretty freaking good.

Speaking of former SNL actors, how about Tracy Morgan? He sucked on SNL
and he is even worse on 30 Rock. I might try watching 30 rock again if
they fire Tracy Morgan.
Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
WJM WJM is offline

On Aug 5, 2:45*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
I liked Will Ferrell on SNL, and even in some of his earlier movies,
and pretty much in the one where he played a NASCAR moron, but, more
recently, he's just more annoying than anything.

And I do have a sense of humor and all that, and I like oddball
comedians. Louis C. K. is my favorite current comic, and his show
Louie, while uneven, is pretty freaking good.

I thought he was pretty funny when he did that special where he played
George W.

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,rec.arts.tv,rec.sport.pro-wrestling

wrote:

I thought he was pretty funny when he did that special where he played
George W.

TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

Posted to rec.music.artists.springsteen,alt.home.repair,rec.sport.football.college,alt.troll,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
Ala Ala is offline

"Ubiquitous" wrote in message

I thought he was pretty funny when he did that special where he played
George W.

TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

ok I'll bite

He's that new genus of monkey isn't he

New genus of monkey described for first time in 83 years

May 11, 2006
Wildlife Conservation Society
and

A new monkey species discovered last year is so unique, it requires a new
genus-the first one for monkeys in 83 years, scientists say.

Rungwecebus kipunji

But conservationists warn quick action is needed to protect its high forest
home from illegal logging and hunting, or it may die out.

An analysis of the creature, discovered by scientists with the New
York-based Wildlife Conservation Society and other groups, appears in this
week's issue of the research journal Science.
The monkey, found in Tanzania last year, was initially believed to be
related to mangabeys, another type of monkey. But DNA work reveals it is
truly unique, marking the first new genus for a living monkey species since
Allen's swamp monkey in 1923, researchers say.

The new genus, Rungwecebus (pronounced rung-way-CEE-bus), refers to Mt.
Rungwe, where the monkey was first observed. Perhaps 500 are thought to
remain in the wild.

OT, funny 1D10T[_2_] Home Repair 1 June 10th 09 01:52 AM
Funny SMS fazi Home Repair 0 July 16th 07 09:48 AM
Funny SMS fazi Home Repair 0 July 16th 07 09:48 AM
OT funny mm Home Repair 2 April 27th 07 07:33 PM