Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The best day of my life.

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get any
better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't get
out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 1:12*pm, "JimT" wrote:
A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get any
better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't get
out.

I take it you don't like your neighbor?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 1:12 pm, "JimT" wrote:
A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get
any
better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't get
out.

I take it you don't like your neighbor?

It goes back along ways. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 1:12 pm, "JimT" wrote:

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get
any
better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't get
out.

I take it you don't like your neighbor?

It goes back along ways. :-)

My wife has that with one of our neighbors. They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message

My wife has that with one of our neighbors. They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

heh I don't have a problem with him. It's the other way around. He's
scared half to death of me and that's working out real well for me. I don't
hear a peep out of that that guy. Intimidation works

Posted to alt.home.repair

If it's convertible. Can you go out and fill it with the garden hose,
before the tow guy moves it?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JimT" wrote in message
net...

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message

I take it you don't like your neighbor?

It goes back along ways. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 2:03*pm, "JimT" wrote:
"jamesgangnc" wrote in message

My wife has that with one of our neighbors. *They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

heh I don't have a problem with him. It's the other way around. He's
scared half to death of me and that's working out real well for me. I don't
hear a peep out of that that guy. Intimidation works

OK...stupid question(s).

If you don't have a problem with him, why have you intimidated him to
the point where he's afraid of you?

If you don't have a problem with him, why has the misfortune related
to his bimmer made this the best day of your life?

P.S. You have my sympathies if this truly is the best day of your
life. How sad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 2:03 pm, "JimT" wrote:
"jamesgangnc" wrote in message

My wife has that with one of our neighbors. They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

heh I don't have a problem with him. It's the other way around. He's
scared half to death of me and that's working out real well for me. I
don't
hear a peep out of that that guy. Intimidation works

OK...stupid question(s).

If you don't have a problem with him, why have you intimidated him to
the point where he's afraid of you?

If you don't have a problem with him, why has the misfortune related
to his bimmer made this the best day of your life?

P.S. You have my sympathies if this truly is the best day of your
life. How sad.

=====

Nah--they are not dumb. I was thinking the same thing. And obviously it's
not really the best day of my life. I'm sure that would of been back in my
Rock and Roll band or Moto-Cross days.

I'd go into the story but it's kind of boring, but it ends with a weed
whacker. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 7:10*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
If it's convertible. Can you go out and fill it with the garden hose,
before the tow guy *moves it?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"JimT" wrote in message

net...

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message

I take it you don't like your neighbor?

It goes back along ways. :-)

Concrete is better.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in
net:

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't
get any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he
can't get out.

Old joke:
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

--
Tegger

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 2:50*pm, Tegger wrote:
"JimT" wrote stnet:

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't
get any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he
can't get out.

Old joke:
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

--
Tegger

Location...location...location.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tegger" wrote in message
"JimT" wrote in
net:

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't
get any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he
can't get out.

Old joke:
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

--
Tegger

Porcupine has the pricks outside. Ba-da-bing!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
If it's convertible. Can you go out and fill it with the garden hose,
before the tow guy moves it?

It belongs to the finance co. now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
If it's convertible. Can you go out and fill it with the garden hose,
before the tow guy moves it?

It belongs to the finance co. now.

This sort of thing has a funny way of coming around again. When's the last
time your water heater decided it was time for you to have a trout hatchery
in the basement?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"JimT" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
If it's convertible. Can you go out and fill it with the garden hose,
before the tow guy moves it?

It belongs to the finance co. now.

This sort of thing has a funny way of coming around again. When's the last
time your water heater decided it was time for you to have a trout
hatchery in the basement?

I'll take a look at it. We are basically very fortunate people. We always
manage to pay our bills at least. I'd feel bad for the guy if he wasn't such
a putz.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
If it's convertible. Can you go out and fill it with the garden hose,
before the tow guy moves it?

It belongs to the finance co. now.

This sort of thing has a funny way of coming around again. When's the
last time your water heater decided it was time for you to have a trout
hatchery in the basement?

I'll take a look at it. We are basically very fortunate people. We always
manage to pay our bills at least. I'd feel bad for the guy if he wasn't
such a putz.

http://www.ponddoc.com/Topics/DiagnoseWater.htm

http://http.cdnlayer.com/ec1images/r.../8/82025hr.jpg

Heh heh heh.... :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in
net:

"Tegger" wrote in message
"JimT" wrote in
net:

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't
get any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he
can't get out.

Old joke:
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

--
Tegger

Porcupine has the pricks outside. Ba-da-bing!

Ba-da-boom!

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 3:45*pm, Tegger wrote:
"JimT" wrote stnet:

"Tegger" wrote in message
"JimT" wrote in
stnet:

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't
get any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he
can't get out.

Old joke:
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

--
Tegger

Porcupine has the pricks outside. Ba-da-bing!

Ba-da-boom!

--
Tegger- Hide quoted text -

Exacty what I said...

Location...location...location.

:-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
If it's convertible. Can you go out and fill it with the garden hose,
before the tow guy moves it?

It belongs to the finance co. now.

This sort of thing has a funny way of coming around again. When's the
last time your water heater decided it was time for you to have a trout
hatchery in the basement?

I'll take a look at it. We are basically very fortunate people. We always
manage to pay our bills at least. I'd feel bad for the guy if he wasn't
such a putz.

http://www.ponddoc.com/Topics/DiagnoseWater.htm

http://http.cdnlayer.com/ec1images/r.../8/82025hr.jpg

Heh heh heh.... :-)

I'll check my Homeowner's too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

net...

"JimT" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
If it's convertible. Can you go out and fill it with the garden hose,
before the tow guy moves it?

It belongs to the finance co. now.

This sort of thing has a funny way of coming around again. When's the
last time your water heater decided it was time for you to have a trout
hatchery in the basement?

I'll take a look at it. We are basically very fortunate people. We
always manage to pay our bills at least. I'd feel bad for the guy if he
wasn't such a putz.

http://www.ponddoc.com/Topics/DiagnoseWater.htm

http://http.cdnlayer.com/ec1images/r.../8/82025hr.jpg

Heh heh heh.... :-)

I'll check my Homeowner's too.

http://haywood.ces.ncsu.edu/content/...source=haywood

Posted to alt.home.repair

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get
any
better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't get
out.

I take it you don't like your neighbor?

Don't know about you, but I don't like anyone who owns a BMW. They have a
Mercedes wannabe complex, and act out. Hey, I can't help it if they can't
afford a Mercedes and have to settle for a Beemer.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

My wife has that with one of our neighbors. They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

I have one of those handheld devices that make barking dogs cringe. Works
very well in most cases.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get
any
better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't
get
out.

I take it you don't like your neighbor?

Don't know about you, but I don't like anyone who owns a BMW. They have a
Mercedes wannabe complex, and act out. Hey, I can't help it if they can't
afford a Mercedes and have to settle for a Beemer.

Steve

I wouldn't own one but the are nice looking cars. Too pricey for me, and my
neighbor apparently. I still drive my 1998 Toyota Tacoma and will until the
wheels fall off. Car pmts. are a thing of the past for me. He was living
beyond his means. Seem to be the thing to do around here. Seemingly everyone
here (Austin) has a Lexus, Infinity, BMW, Corvette, etc.... I just never got
into the status car thing. I'd much rather have another dirt bike and a
trail to tear up. :-) Or a boat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 8:13*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get
any
better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't get
out.

I take it you don't like your neighbor?

Don't know about you, but I don't like anyone who owns a BMW. *They have a
Mercedes wannabe complex, and act out. *Hey, I can't help it if they can't
afford a Mercedes and have to settle for a Beemer.

Steve

A Beemer is a BMW motorcycle. The BMW car is called a Bimmer.

http://www.bmwccbc.org/misc/tech-and-trivia/bimmer.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

A Beemer is a BMW motorcycle. The BMW car is called a Bimmer.

http://www.bmwccbc.org/misc/tech-and-trivia/bimmer.html

Whatever....they were built by Nazis. I wouldn't own one.

from Wiki:

Nazi connections
Günther Quandt, whose family became major shareholders of BMW 15 years after
the war, was a member of the Nazi Party from 1933. After the election of
Hitler, he was appointed to the position of Leader of the Armament Economy,
which was a title given to industrialists who played a leading role in the
Nazi war economy. Quandt's factories supplied ammunition, rifles, artillery
and batteries for the Nazis and, it is claimed, used slave labourers from
concentration camps in some of his factories.[14]
A documentary aired on German TV in 2007 claimed that Quandt not only used
slave labour, but also sidestepped postwar recrimination. BMW itself was not
implicated in the documentary, and the firm has made no comment about the
Quandts, but claims to have confronted its own wartime history via
independent research projects.[14] The Quandt family responded by pledging
to fund a research project into the family's Nazi past and its role under
the Third Reich.[15]
Former Danish freedom fighter Carl Adolf Sørensen (b. ca. 1927) has been
asked to meet with the Quandt family and possibly receive compensation, but
has repeatedly refused to do so on the grounds that it is too late. In 1943,
as a 17-year-old, he and 39 other resistance fighters were sent to Germany
where they worked with dangerous chemicals, some dying within a few months,
and only four of the group were still alive as of May 2009.[16]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
My wife has that with one of our neighbors. They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

I have one of those handheld devices that make barking dogs cringe. Works
very well in most cases.

Steve

Dunno about dogs, but those ultrasonic tapeless tape measures sure do a
job on cats. Accidentally nailed the house cat with one, years ago, and
he hid for hours. First time I ever saw a cat do a standing back flip
and land running the opposite direction. Took a week before he would get
anywhere near me again.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 5:14*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
My wife has that with one of our neighbors. *They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

I have one of those handheld devices that make barking dogs cringe. *Works
very well in most cases.

Steve

Brand? Model? Cost? Source? I need one!

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DD_BobK" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 5:14 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
My wife has that with one of our neighbors. They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

I have one of those handheld devices that make barking dogs cringe. Works
very well in most cases.

Steve

Brand? Model? Cost? Source? I need one!

cheers
Bob

===

I'll tell you what really works:

http://www.barkingdog-4less.com/barkingdogcollars.aspx

But you'd have to have your neighbors cooperate.

All that I have to do is show it to my dog and she shuts up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 8:13 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't
get
any
better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't
get
out.

I take it you don't like your neighbor?

Don't know about you, but I don't like anyone who owns a BMW. They have a
Mercedes wannabe complex, and act out. Hey, I can't help it if they can't
afford a Mercedes and have to settle for a Beemer.

Steve

A Beemer is a BMW motorcycle. The BMW car is called a Bimmer.

http://www.bmwccbc.org/misc/tech-and-trivia/bimmer.html

Oh, dopey me. I only parked them on the Las Vegas Strip for ten years.
What do I know? Part of that ten years was from 68 to 70 when they were
looked at as a foreign piece of ****. Then from 82 to 90, when they were
better. But we called them Beemers. I've probably driven more of them than
you've ever seen. I even got to drive the Beatle's psychedelic Bentley.
They didn't own it at the time, Dr. Lonnie Hammargren, a local brain surgeon
did. But, hey, you know more than I about such things, so call it whatever
makes you happy.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:
My wife has that with one of our neighbors. They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

I have one of those handheld devices that make barking dogs cringe.
Works very well in most cases.

Steve

Dunno about dogs, but those ultrasonic tapeless tape measures sure do a
job on cats. Accidentally nailed the house cat with one, years ago, and he
hid for hours. First time I ever saw a cat do a standing back flip and
land running the opposite direction. Took a week before he would get
anywhere near me again.

--
aem sends...

What brand? I need another. Mine died. I use them on real estate surveys,
and a lot of times, they sure come in handy. They have some that are real
spendy. I'll try that next time on the dogs, too.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DD_BobK" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 5:14 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
My wife has that with one of our neighbors. They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

I have one of those handheld devices that make barking dogs cringe. Works
very well in most cases.

Steve

Brand? Model? Cost? Source? I need one!

cheers
Bob

Can't lay hands on it right now. My MIL bought it at IIRC Big Lots for
about $3. Two of our dogs go running when we hit it, but the other just
tightens his jaw a bit. It is blue, and about 1.5" x 1.5" x 3". 9v.
battery. I will post when I find it. Just got home, and things are all
over. I have seen them in those catalogs that my MIL gets with all that
crazy stuff in them.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 8:13 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

It seemed like an incredibly minor detail to me. Chalk it up to: Who really
gives a ****?

My brother is a beemer fanatic..... ****ing Nazi!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"JimT" wrote in message

"DD_BobK" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 5:14 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
My wife has that with one of our neighbors. They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

I have one of those handheld devices that make barking dogs cringe. Works
very well in most cases.

Steve

Brand? Model? Cost? Source? I need one!

cheers
Bob

===

I'll tell you what really works:

http://www.barkingdog-4less.com/barkingdogcollars.aspx

But you'd have to have your neighbors cooperate.

All that I have to do is show it to my dog and she shuts up.

I have a corgi. They are smart. When we put it on him, he would just go
lay in the corner like a slug until we took it off, never doing anything
lest he got zapped. And I mean for days.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message

"JimT" wrote in message

"DD_BobK" wrote in message
On Jul 30, 5:14 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
My wife has that with one of our neighbors. They are oblivious to
their barking dogs outside when anyone walks by.

I have one of those handheld devices that make barking dogs cringe.
Works
very well in most cases.

Steve

Brand? Model? Cost? Source? I need one!

cheers
Bob

===

I'll tell you what really works:

http://www.barkingdog-4less.com/barkingdogcollars.aspx

But you'd have to have your neighbors cooperate.

All that I have to do is show it to my dog and she shuts up.

I have a corgi. They are smart. When we put it on him, he would just go
lay in the corner like a slug until we took it off, never doing anything
lest he got zapped. And I mean for days.

Steve

I have a chihuahua. They are stupid. Really stupid. She does the same thing.
I really don't have the heart to use it on her anymore but the damn thing
works. I think those collars are more appropriate for large dogs.

Did you ever see if it works on yourself? It would really suck to use it on
a dog next to a dog that didn't have one on that continually barked. It
might cause some serious psychological damage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 8:09*pm, "JimT" wrote:
"Tegger" wrote in message

"JimT" wrote in
tnet:

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't
get any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he
can't get out.

Old joke:
What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

--
Tegger

Porcupine has the pricks outside. Ba-da-bing!

You know, here in the UK we notice that BMWare driven by pillocks too.
Must be something about them..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 3:28*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jul 30, 8:13*pm, "Steve B" wrote:

A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get
any
better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't get
out.

I take it you don't like your neighbor?

Don't know about you, but I don't like anyone who owns a BMW. *They have a
Mercedes wannabe complex, and act out. *Hey, I can't help it if they can't
afford a Mercedes and have to settle for a Beemer.

Steve

A Beemer is a BMW motorcycle. The BMW car is called a Bimmer.

http://www.bmwccbc.org/misc/tech-and-trivia/bimmer.html

In th UK BMW is Black Mans Wheels. Second hand in Europe they're
ptretty cheap. Not the repairs or the insurance however.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 3:36*am, "JimT" wrote:
[...]

BMW is Bayern Motor Werk. They made aircraft engines in WW2. The BMW
motiff represents a spinning propellor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 31, 3:36*am, "JimT" wrote:
[...]

You should remember your tame Nazi rocket scientist Werner von Braun
(dec) has blood on his hands too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
On Jul 31, 3:36 am, "JimT" wrote:
[...]

Oh yeah, but I didn't have a choice in that purchase. He was trying to build
rockets not flying bombs. That was Hitler's side of the equation. He was
more than willing to disassociate himself from the Nazis at the end of the
war, but he was a big cog in the machine. The rocket program was particually
ugly because it ran so long into the end of the war, when things got
desperate. As I recall, he was appaled by the brutality. I think he felt
trapped. Interesting article about him on wiki. I've always felt conflicted
about Werner von Braun. He wasn't like the other high ranking Nazis. It was
a good thing he evaded the Russians and ran towards the Americans.

Posted to alt.home.repair

visit my blog athttp://cabgbypasssurgery.com

It seemed like an incredibly minor detail to me. Chalk it up to: Who really
gives a ****?

My brother is a beemer fanatic..... ****ing Nazi!

OK, so how does parking them or driving them have anything to do with
what the fact that you called them by the wrong name?