Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The best day of my life.

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 09:58:10 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

On Aug 1, 1:21*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
It used to be, that people shared each others pleasure. Someone got a
raise, or married or something. And everyone else was happy. The
expression "I'm happy for you" was often heard.

Now, with liberals trying to control society through the dark side,
we're only happy when someone else suffers. How pathetic.

Quit living your life based on others, and work toward your own
success. And the success of others. Get out of the evil dark side, and
come to the light!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

And may the force be with you :-)
It's a bit sad if nothing better than this has ever happened in your
life. You need to get out more.

Lefties already control yours. We'd rather that not happen here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-08-01, JimT wrote:

Not too much. That's why I'm posting to Usenet on a Sat. night. What's your
excuse? :-)

I'm a caregiver for my senile mom. I have NO life!

nbxc
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-08-01, JimT wrote:

Not too much. That's why I'm posting to Usenet on a Sat. night. What's
your
excuse? :-)

I'm a caregiver for my senile mom. I have NO life!

nbxc

Too bad man. I wish her the best. You're a damn good son.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 15:40:05 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 15:19:29 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...

It's sad to think that all dogs are descended from wolves (which
they
are,
in fact). Look what we've done.

It's not sad at all. ...and they're still earning their keep by
guarding
the
cave.

Stop drinking.

Grow a brain, loser.

It's great that there's still demand for breeds which have respiratory
problems, according to all veterinarians. People just love that kind
of
face
on a dog, regardless of how the animal struggles through life.

That's a nice strawman. Now how about a match?

That's sick.

No, *you* are sick.

Not a strawman at all. A few breeds are useful, assuming people don't
try
and jam these animals into environments where they don't belong and will
never be happy.

You're stupid, as well as being sick. Yes, there are breeds that would
be
better off if they weren't. That's not an indictment of all dogs.

You continue your strawman by indicting every owner because a few are
abusers.
I bet you hate kids too.

Box pugs with respiratory problems? It's a widely known fact, and yet
people
create demand for them. Why? Because it's an affectation. They like that
kind of a face on a dog. May as well find the gene which causes certain
childhood cancers and select for it, just because it intrigues you.

Irrelevant. You are indeed an idiot.

You think it's irrelevant?

Certainly. You can't read, or think, though.

Pugs were just one example of many breeds which
are health wrecks. What's the big & dumb, but popular average family dog -
is it the golden retriever that's prone to hip problems, and yet every
putz
with a lawnmower and 2.3 kids thinks they should have one?

Irrelevant.

That's not abuse. It's just plain dumb, like having a border collie in an
apartment. Or perpetuating the existence of pugs, which have no useful
reason to exist except as on oddity for morons to show off in the park.

More strawman nonsense.

You apparently don't understand the meaning of "selecting for particular
genetic traits". That's too bad.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 16:33:36 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 15:19:29 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
om...

[...]

I see your reading comprehension hasn't improved. Keep trying though, someone
may take pity on you and promote you out of the first grade, not that you
merit it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/30/2010 12:12 PM, JimT wrote:
A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get
any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't
get out.

repo?

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

You apparently don't understand the meaning of "selecting for particular
genetic traits". That's too bad.

I see your reading comprehension hasn't improved. Keep trying though,
someone
may take pity on you and promote you out of the first grade, not that you
merit it.

OK. Maybe my server dropped a message. Go find the text, typed earlier by
YOU, which you think explains what I missed. Copy that text into your next
response. Or just retype the idea.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JimT wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"harry" wrote in message
On Jul 31, 2:55 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"JimT" wrote in message

net...

I have a chihuahua.

Why?

You take them to bed with you to warm your feet. That's what they
were bred for :-)

=========

It's sad to think that all dogs are descended from wolves (which they
are, in fact). Look what we've done.

Actually, I agree. We've managed to create all types of disorders like
teeth that rot quickly, knees and hips that don't work correctly and
bowels that don't function properly. Way too much inbreeded goes on too.
It's not nice to fool Mother Nature.

I still love my inbreed mutts though. Maybe even more because of it.
Those dogs genuinely love us unconditionally.

'Arrested adolescence' is the term, if I understand correctly.
Domesticated dogs are like young teenagers. Feral dogs aren't bad, they
just managed to grow up and learn to live on their own (or with their
own packs, actually).

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
On 7/30/2010 12:12 PM, JimT wrote:
A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't get
any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so he can't
get out.

repo?

--
Steve Barker

Yes. Longhorn Towing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message

You apparently don't understand the meaning of "selecting for particular
genetic traits". That's too bad.

I see your reading comprehension hasn't improved. Keep trying though,
someone
may take pity on you and promote you out of the first grade, not that you
merit it.

OK. Maybe my server dropped a message. Go find the text, typed earlier by
YOU, which you think explains what I missed. Copy that text into your next
response. Or just retype the idea.

Take it outside, please, you two. Nobody else cares.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

JimT wrote:
A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't
get any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so
he can't get out.

It's called "schadenfreude" - "epicaricacy" in English.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 3, 3:29*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
JimT wrote:
A tow truck is here to take my neighbor's BMW away. It just doesn't
get any better than this. The tow truck is blocking the driveway so
he can't get out.

It's called "schadenfreude" - "epicaricacy" in English.

Aha. Been to Wiktionary eh?