Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New scam?

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:04:00 -0400, "cshenk" wrote:

"Jack" wrote

But why do you use light yellow letters?

Since you ask I will try to respond.

When I send the post it is not in a
light yellow color. I guess you call it dark yellow on black. Something
in your reader makes it light yellow.

No, it wasnt his reader. It came over that way to all.

Not to me! But his silly sig file is an annoying attachment. Not
clearly posted in his message.

--
"If you like ObamaCare, you can have mine"
Posted to alt.home.repair

To all who get the posts with the white background.

Do not read them. Don't let yourself be annoyed for non-important
things.

I get many many emails every day that I just delete. There are people
that post that I know only post to annoy, and I skip their posts.

Sigs are a WEBTV thing so as someone suggested killfile (or what ever)
those posts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"They should be plain text. Anything else gets skipped."

There you go. Great idea.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:24:23 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:04:00 -0400, "cshenk" wrote:

"Jack" wrote

But why do you use light yellow letters?

Since you ask I will try to respond.

When I send the post it is not in a
light yellow color. I guess you call it dark yellow on black. Something
in your reader makes it light yellow.

No, it wasnt his reader. It came over that way to all.

Not to me! But his silly sig file is an annoying attachment. Not
clearly posted in his message.

My reader (Agent) didn't show an attachment, but does show an un usual
sig separator instead of the normal "-- ". Also, the message included
HTML, which is not desirable for newsgroup posts.

I got no light yellow, but I did see a mention of "orange" in the raw
message.

Considering colors, one rule I would use is if you change the text
color or background color, CHANGE BOTH. This avoids bad contrast
situations. Anyway, you shouldn't be changing either here.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Warning: end of message imminent. Stop reading now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:42:31 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

Not to me! But his silly sig file is an annoying attachment. Not
clearly posted in his message.

My reader (Agent) didn't show an attachment, but does show an un usual
sig separator instead of the normal "-- ".

I should have said Icon, instead of attachment...

The Icon is a 145 byte sig file at the end of his post. Because it
contains HTML I won't see the sig unless I launch it in the browser.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 01:40:20 -0400, mm
wrote:

[snip]

My reader (Agent) didn't show an attachment, but does show an un usual
sig separator instead of the normal "-- ". Also, the message included
HTML, which is not desirable for newsgroup posts.

Interesting. My reader (Agent 1.93) did show the unusual sig separator
but iddn't show the sig, even though it does show html sigs sometimes,
or maybe only security sigs (are they the same as html)

It's been a long time since I used that old version. The current
version of Agent (v6) shows the word "signature" with a box around it.
Enabling the HTML viewer adds fake shadows to the box. Note that the
box DOES NOT contain the sig, only the word "signature".

I don't know if this is because I have an old reader (I don't
especially think so) or because Agent has loads of settings, far more
than any other news reader, and maybe I have settings set that just
make his post look like any post, except for the sig.

I got no light yellow, but I did see a mention of "orange" in the raw
message.

I didn't get at all the message that started this discussion, but I
looked at Jack's reply to me and looked at the raw message, and see no
mention of orange or anything else unusual.

The following is what I see in the raw message, as a signatu

--WebTV-Mail-4447-3732

html body text =orange font color=black /html

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack
Nicholson

--WebTV-Mail-4447-3732--

Considering colors, one rule I would use is if you change the text
color or background color, CHANGE BOTH. This avoids bad contrast
situations. Anyway, you shouldn't be changing either here.

Yup.

BTW, I started doing that when writing programs for the Commodore
VIC-20. Examples in the manual often didn't work because the default
background color had been changed.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"The intelligent man portions his belief to the evidence" -- Hume
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:29:45 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 01:40:20 -0400, mm
wrote:

[snip]

[...]

On the one post I got from Jack I got nothing like that. Here's all
of what I got. It has nothing for signature. Maybe he didn't use a
signature on the 16th at 18:57:54 ?? Check it out Jack. If you
didn't the sig is the reaosn I don't get your posts.

From: (Jack)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: New scam?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:57:54 -0400
X-WebTV-Signatu 1

ETAtAhUAlHtl4SHkYBx5ZZcZrtc8UpZYeHUCFElB8Atj44QPUP 2s2K/ZiMCykJQq

Jack wrote:

I am not going to change anything for one jerk that can not hit Cmd/A
But why do you use light yellow letters?
I can't see it here but I see webpages in colors I can't read and I
wonder what's wrong with the authors and I skip them. This may be my
one
chance to understand!

Since you ask I will try to respond.

When I send the post it is not in a
light yellow color. I guess you call it dark yellow on black.
Something
in your reader makes it light yellow.

---- ened quote----

It doesn't show the line above the sig. I cant' get the cursor low
enough to include it when "selecting" text. Ignore the excessive
line-wrapping. It has to do with margins set in my reader, default
margines that cause trouble very very rarely, like here.

New scam? Jack Home Repair 17 April 16th 10 11:24 PM
Scam? The Medway Handyman UK diy 34 May 2nd 06 01:14 AM
What a Scam! Chris F. Electronics Repair 24 June 12th 05 06:03 AM
New scam? Gunner Metalworking 17 September 2nd 04 04:51 AM
Scam? Gunner Metalworking 11 January 29th 04 10:27 PM