Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default New scam?

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:29:45 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 01:40:20 -0400, mm
wrote:

[snip]

My reader (Agent) didn't show an attachment, but does show an un usual
sig separator instead of the normal "-- ". Also, the message included
HTML, which is not desirable for newsgroup posts.

Interesting. My reader (Agent 1.93) did show the unusual sig separator
but iddn't show the sig, even though it does show html sigs sometimes,
or maybe only security sigs (are they the same as html)

It's been a long time since I used that old version. The current
version of Agent (v6) shows the word "signature" with a box around it.
Enabling the HTML viewer adds fake shadows to the box. Note that the
box DOES NOT contain the sig, only the word "signature".

I don't know if this is because I have an old reader (I don't
especially think so) or because Agent has loads of settings, far more
than any other news reader, and maybe I have settings set that just
make his post look like any post, except for the sig.

I got no light yellow, but I did see a mention of "orange" in the raw
message.

I didn't get at all the message that started this discussion, but I
looked at Jack's reply to me and looked at the raw message, and see no
mention of orange or anything else unusual.

The following is what I see in the raw message, as a signatu

--WebTV-Mail-4447-3732

html body text =orange font color=black /html

On the one post I got from Jack I got nothing like that. Here's all
of what I got. It has nothing for signature. Maybe he didn't use a
signature on the 16th at 18:57:54 ?? Check it out Jack. If you
didn't the sig is the reaosn I don't get your posts.

From: (Jack)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: New scam?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:57:54 -0400