Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Global Warming My Frozen Butt!

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

The Global warming alarmists will tell you that weather extremes are
caused by global warming
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 5, 7:39*am, Frank wrote:

The Global warming alarmists will tell you that weather extremes are
caused by global warming

Which is their right, except; they keep getting laws passed on their
assumptions that make life more expensive and not particularly better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

The Global warming alarmists will tell you that weather extremes are
caused by global warming

True....We're having an unusually cold winter and last summer was the
hottest on record. Weird. I hope we never have another summer like the last
one. This cold weather is a nice change. Not good for citrus farmers though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 5, 8:23*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15 F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

You appear to be mistaking Birmingham, AL, for the entire world.
It's a common error.

"Alberta Clipper", is how we usually term it here in Michigan. It's
supposed to be 27 F today, which is close to average. I can't
recall what the low was; somewhere in the low teens.

I don't bother to pay attention until the snot freezes right
in my nose. Then I know it's the low single digits or less.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:hhveg7$2v7
:

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

NC I95, almost SC. Lower 20's nightly for like a week. About 10 degrees
lower than the avg for this time in Jan. 14 slated for weekend.

....on the bright side

don't have a "-" in front of that 20 like I've experienced many years up
north. And don't have 33" of snow like S.O. had last weekend either.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Master Betty wrote:

True....We're having an unusually cold winter and last summer was the
hottest on record. Weird. I hope we never have another summer like the last
one. This cold weather is a nice change. Not good for citrus farmers though.

OK, out of curiosity, where was/is that? Generally, last summer was
cooler than normal in most of the US...quite a lot for us w/ a very few
100+F days as compared to normally 14 or so...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 5, 8:08*am, Eric in North TX wrote:
On Jan 5, 7:39*am, Frank wrote:

The Global warming alarmists will tell you that weather extremes are
caused by global warming

Which is their right, except; they keep getting laws passed on their
assumptions that make life more expensive and not particularly better.

Sunday, 03 Jan 2010 05:11 PM

A former director of the National Hurricane Center called Sunday for
an investigation into the “scientific debauchery revealed by
‘Climategate,’” citing the way global warming skeptics have been
marginalized by the mainstream media.

The emails not only are troubling because of what they reveal about
how some scientists played with data, according to Neil Frank, who
directed the National Hurricane Center for over a decade, but for the
flawed assumptions they make about the role of CO2’s effects on
warming. Frank called for the investigation Sunday in an article in
the Houston Chronicle.

Climategate is the scandal that began when hackers penetrated the
computers of the Climate Research Unit, or CRU, of the United
Kingdom's University of East Anglia, exposing thousands of e-mails and
other documents. One of the top climate research centers in the world,
CRU has been the source for much of the evidence supporting climate
change theory.

But any of the exchanges were between top mainstream climate
scientists in Britain and the U.S. in the emails suggested that data
that didn’t support the global warming theory was being altered or
ignored.

“Among the more troubling revelations were data adjustments enhancing
the perception that man is causing global warming through the release
of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other atmospheric greenhouse gases,” wrote
Frank, who was director of the National Hurricane Center from 1974 to
1987.

“Particularly disturbing was the way the core IPCC scientists (the
believers) marginalized the skeptics of the theory that man-made
global warming is large and potentially catastrophic,” Frank wrote.
“The e-mails document that the attack on the skeptics was twofold.
First, the believers gained control of the main climate-profession
journals. This allowed them to block publication of papers written by
the skeptics and prohibit unfriendly peer review of their own papers.
Second, the skeptics were demonized through false labeling and false
accusations.”

The science isn’t settled, Frank wrote, despite what “climate
alarmists” would lead you to believe. They also attack skeptics by
painting them as tools of Big Oil or questioning their qualifications.
But they are “numerous and well qualified,” Frank wrote.

“Several years ago two scientists at the University of Oregon became
so concerned about the overemphasis on man-made global warming that
they put a statement on their Web site and asked for people's
endorsement; 32,000 have signed the petition, including more than
9,000 Ph.Ds. More than 700 scientists have endorsed a 231-page Senate
minority report that questions man-made global warming. The Heartland
Institute has recently sponsored three international meetings for
skeptics. More than 800 scientists heard 80 presentations in March,”
Frank wrote.

“They endorsed an 881-page document, created by 40 authors with
outstanding academic credentials, that challenges the most recent
publication by the IPCC. The IPCC panel's report strongly concludes
that man is causing global warming through the release of carbon
dioxide.”

“Last year 60 German scientists sent a letter to Chancellor Angela
Merkel urging her to ‘strongly reconsider’ her position supporting man-
made global warming. Sixty scientists in Canada took similar action.
Recently, when the American Physical Society published its support for
man-made global warming, 200 of its members objected and demanded that
the membership be polled to determine the APS' true position.”

The skeptics do agree that the Earth has been warming since the end of
a Little Ice Age around 1850. But they question the cause, Frank
wrote. Believers think the warming is created by man, but skeptics
believe the warming is natural and contributions from man are minimal
and certainly not potentially catastrophic.

And skeptics argue that CO2 is not a pollutant but vital for plant
life. They cite numerous field experiments that have confirmed that
higher levels of CO2 are positive for agricultural productivity.
Carbon dioxide is a very minor greenhouse gas, they believe. More than
90 percent of the warming from greenhouse gases is caused by water
vapor. If you are going to change the temperature of the globe, it
must involve water vapor.

Finally, skeptics believe that climate models are grossly over
predicting future warming from rising concentrations of carbon
dioxide, Frank wrote. “We are being told that numerical models that
cannot make accurate 5- to 10-day forecasts can be simplified and run
forward for 100 years with results so reliable you can impose an
economic disaster on the U.S. and the world,” he added.

“Climategate reveals how predetermined political agendas shaped
science rather than the other way around. It is high time to question
the true agenda of the scientists now on the hot seat and to bring
skeptics back into the public debate,” he concluded.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 5, 8:16*am, "Master Betty" wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

The Global warming alarmists will tell you that weather extremes are
caused by global warming

True....We're having an unusually cold winter and last summer was the
hottest on record. Weird. I hope we never have another summer like the last
one. This cold weather is a nice change. Not good for citrus farmers though.

Don't know where you are located but last summer wasn't anywhere near
a record around here but it is turning into a really cold winter.
That said, neither the summer or this winter is anything that I
haven't seen several times in my 63 years. I have seen many summers
that were worse and many winters that were worse. Overall, I haven't
seen any significant change in the last 50 years. Personally, a
little warming wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 5, 7:23*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15 F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

By mid Jan +15 starts to feel like T shirt weather up here.

Every American has a right to build a carbon footprint as large as Al
Gore's. That guy should have given himself a frugal life before he
started spouting off his mouth, then maybe he could have earned some
credibility with the rest of us un-washed masses. Let em eat cake
aint the way to influence people Al, sayin one thing and living
another aint either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 06:49:27 -0800, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
I don't bother to pay attention until the snot freezes right
in my nose. Then I know it's the low single digits or less.

Ha, that's basically how I do it. Once I go outside and feel the inside of
my nose freeze, it's just cold and it doesn't really matter how cold it
is...

We hit -35 the other morning. Then it got to about 0 yesterday and it
felt like t-shirt weather.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15 F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

You appear to be mistaking Birmingham, AL, for the entire world.
It's a common error.

"Alberta Clipper", is how we usually term it here in Michigan. It's
supposed to be 27 F today, which is close to average. I can't
recall what the low was; somewhere in the low teens.

I don't bother to pay attention until the snot freezes right
in my nose. Then I know it's the low single digits or less.

Cindy Hamilton

Frozen boogers, a wintertime treat. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in news:hhveg7$2v7
:

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

NC I95, almost SC. Lower 20's nightly for like a week. About 10 degrees
lower than the avg for this time in Jan. 14 slated for weekend.

...on the bright side

don't have a "-" in front of that 20 like I've experienced many years up
north. And don't have 33" of snow like S.O. had last weekend either.

We get a bunch of Damn Yankees coming down here from time to time
and when they see how beautiful it is, we can't get those suckers
to leave. *snicker*

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jules wrote in
news
On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 06:49:27 -0800, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
I don't bother to pay attention until the snot freezes right
in my nose. Then I know it's the low single digits or less.

Ha, that's basically how I do it. Once I go outside and feel the
inside of my nose freeze, it's just cold and it doesn't really matter
how cold it is...

We hit -35 the other morning. Then it got to about 0 yesterday and it
felt like t-shirt weather.

Used to see rejoicing when temp got up to 15F. Road salt would start to
work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 11:24:52 -0500, Van Chocstraw
wrote Re Global Warming My
Frozen Butt!:

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

The debate is over only for those who set themselves up for making big
profits from global warming and global climate change fear mongering.
They have all the ignorant third worlders in a tizzy over nothing.

The third worlders are not in a tizzy over nothing.

All of the proposals for dealing with the imaginary climate change
involve restrictions and costs added to industrial nations. None of
those restrictions/costs would apply to countries like India and
China.

The restrictions/costs would thus give the third worlders an
additional competitive advantage over the western industrial nations.
If I were India or China, I would be all for it too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message

[...]

====

Similar problem. Your area isn't the rest of the world.

Central Tx had 52 consecutive days of over 100 degrees last summer. Hottest
summer in recorded history. Also,
we're suffering from one of the worst droughts on record. Pick up a
newspaper some time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

This Friday, Houston is expected to have lower temperatures than McMurdough
Station.

'Course it IS summer in Antarctica.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I'm not sure about your central TX, but that certainly isn't the case in
my north TX, though it was a couple years ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

Here in east,east TN we had a few nights down to 11F. I think it's
warmed up to 15F the last couple nights with highs in the 20's.

Average temps from previous years are a low of 29F and a high of 46F for
today. It doesn't look like todays high will break 25F. Between day
and night we are about 20F below normal and it's supposed to last a
total of at least 10 days. Lucky I'm here by myself, the central heat
is set at 55F and here I sit with 750 watts blowing at me from under the
desk. Quite comfy actually!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message

[...]

newspaper some time.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry pal but your little area of Central Texas isn't the rest of the
world either. I don't need to pick up a newpaper to tell how hot or
cold it is and by the way, I live in central Texas too and it wasn't
all that damn hot last summer. I have seen a lot hotter that this
last year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 5, 11:30*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

This Friday, Houston is expected to have lower temperatures than McMurdough
Station.

'Course it IS summer in Antarctica.

Yes, but the great part about Houston is that it will only last a day
or two and then back to warm. I lived in Houston for over 40 years
and would move back tomorrow if I could. I always loved how those
Blue Northers would rip down through Texas until they hit Huntsville
and then leave skid marks as they came to a stop just North of Houston
before turning around as a warm front. The few that made it through
were always short lived.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message

[...]

my north TX, though it was a couple years ago.- Hide quoted text -

Strange: Here, far eastern Canada: Next stop Ireland. Greenland or
Iceland! We are having plus 4 degrees Celsius, that's around 32 plus
8 = 40 degrees F, yesterday and today. I didn't even take a jacket out
with me today! It was just damp with occasional rain while driving.
Not a bit of snow left from some time before Christmas! so few birds
coming for seed to the feeders. Only used the snow-blower twice since
last November.
Ski hills couple of hundred miles west of here are closed; not even
cold enough to make snow!
One thing mentioned this morning on the weather news, about our 'funny
weather', is that night time temperatures are not dipping as low, as
they used to! That may be function of the greater amount of industrial
and motor vehicle pollution and ocean warming? We are right alongside
the North Atlantic here.
Talking about damp; the patio deck is now sort of drying off (It's
about 2.00 PM here) in some very weak sunlight. And the wind has
dropped.
Cheers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
Red Green wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote in
:

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

NC I95, almost SC. Lower 20's nightly for like a week. About 10
degrees lower than the avg for this time in Jan. 14 slated for weekend.

...on the bright side

don't have a "-" in front of that 20 like I've experienced many years
up north. And don't have 33" of snow like S.O. had last weekend either.

We get a bunch of Damn Yankees coming down here from time to time
and when they see how beautiful it is, we can't get those suckers
to leave. *snicker*

TDD

I thought we were just "Yankees" when we visit and "Damn Yankees" when
we stay? I'm a Damn Yankee... unless this weather stays so damn cold!
Posted to alt.home.repair

terry wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
[...]

Doesn't the Gulf Stream warm you guys up?

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 07:23:19 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

Maybe I can send you some warmth:

10-Day Forecast

High /Low (°F) Precip. %

Today
Jan 05 Mostly Sunny 60°/39° 0 %
Wed
Jan 06 Partly Cloudy 63°/42° 10 %
Thu
Jan 07 Partly Cloudy 61°/41° 10 %
Fri
Jan 08 Partly Cloudy 60°/39° 0 %
Sat
Jan 09 Partly Cloudy 60°/40° 10 %
Sun
Jan 10 Partly Cloudy 61°/39° 0 %
Mon
Jan 11 Mostly Sunny 60°/39° 10 %
Tue
Jan 12 Partly Cloudy 59°/40° 10 %
Wed
Jan 13 AM Clouds / PM Sun 60°/38° 10 %
Thu
Jan 14 Sunny 60°/37° 0 %

Last Updated Jan 5 09:08 a.m. PT

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Master Betty wrote:
It didn't let up. 52 consectutive days of over 100 degrees. Last summer
was the worst ever!

For what definition of "ever"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

Goodpoint.

I've been here 6 years and, I always thought it was hot here, but last
summer took the prize.

From what I've heard it was the hottest in "recorded" history. Some time in
the 1800s they started record keeping. Easy to Google. I don't have to. I
lived it. It sucked. My a/c went out too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Back in 1987-88, I worked out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean
and the work uniform was shorts and a T-shirt. When I left and
came back to San Diego, the temperatures were in the 60's and
I was freezing my protuberances off. It felt like wintertime to
me because I was acclimated to a tropical climate.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

Global warming is the culprit. It's causing it to be cold when it's
supposed to be cold. It's also causing it to be warm when it's supposed to
be warm, unless it isn't, in which case it's also being caused by global
warming.

Oh, temperate weather is caused by global warming too....

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." Mark
Twain

I remember it would get cold in LA just about any time of year. I was in San
Francisco about 8 years ago in July and I had to buy a heavy jacket for the
ferry to Alcatraz.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I was working in the Los Angeles area in 1989 when it snowed! The little
Mexican kids were very confused. Must have been Global Cooling.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Master Betty wrote:
Goodpoint.

I've been here 6 years and, I always thought it was hot here, but last
summer took the prize.

From what I've heard it was the hottest in "recorded" history. Some
time in the 1800s they started record keeping. ...

So, similar to most places west of the Mississippi. Records only go
back a couple-hundred years in general out here. From that one can say
that the likelihood of a new record high (or low) is roughly 1/2% on any
given day--not all that unlikely.

OTOH, we're not that all that far away and we had only a couple of days
all the past summer over 100F--quite mild by our normals.

This area went thru a very wet spell in the early part of the 1900s when
it was being first broken out for farming. What they didn't know at the
time was that that was an extreme period for rainfall and only 25-30
years later they were in the heart of the 30s' drought accompanied w/
very hot summers and lots of wind. That lasted for quite a number of
years before another cycle. We suffered thru another period in the
early 50s; grandfather's records at the house show that two consecutive
years during that time were drier for us, specifically, than any year
during the Dust Bowl years. We've continued on that roughly 20-year
cycle since.

Certainly NW KS and some of W TX and the panhandles have been in a
stretch recently. But, those areas are generally even drier normally
than we and the extremes tend to be more so there as well even though
all "normal" can be said of here is that it is the meaning of a
statistical estimator. We can be 60s or even 70s one day ahead of the
next front that may bring snow and 0F. Within the week it's often
easily back to the 40s/50s. Right now we've had a couple reasonably
warm days as the downslope winds give rise to adiabatic heating ahead of
the approaching "blue norther" that's going to put us into the below
zero range by tomorrow night/next day depending on how fast it proceeds.

The overall SE US was in the throes of drought for some years (by their
standards, by ours it would have been above normal to have had the
accumulations of most places so that's relative, too). OTOH, this year
most have been inundated and were wet last year as well. e-mail
acquaintance in NE AL said they had right at 78" this past year. We
were about normal; 100 miles east and on they like to never got crops in
for wet spring and still have corn and beans in fields in areas because
was cool and damp all summer keeping everything late and then turned wet
again when needed dry weather for harvest.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 13:10:23 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

I was working in the Los Angeles area in 1989 when it snowed! The little
Mexican kids were very confused. Must have been Global Cooling.

I was there too. It never snowed. Perhaps you confuse hail w/ snow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message
Master Betty wrote:
Goodpoint.

I've been here 6 years and, I always thought it was hot here, but last
summer took the prize.

From what I've heard it was the hottest in "recorded" history. Some time
[...]

It's good to hear other places are doing better.

If it would of have rained more we would of got a break, but Central TX is
having a bad drought, and hot weather. Brushfires scare me.

I've always been skeptical (GW) but I want to see what happens next summer.
There's been some drastic rain shortages in Greece, Portugal, Spain. Spain
and Portugal have been having record heat for quite awhile now.

It would be interesting to see the temperature statistics for other planets,
but I don't think we're quite that sophisticated yet. I know there has been
a lot of talk about the recent lack of solar activity and it's relationship
to GW.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Master Betty wrote:

It's good to hear other places are doing better.

If it would of have rained more we would of got a break, but Central TX
is having a bad drought, and hot weather. Brushfires scare me.

Again, too short a time span to tell much, if anything. And, w/ records
as short as those like here, it's not even possible to say that what
you're experiencing is anything particularly out of the ordinary. What
seems long in an individual's experience isn't a microsecond in geologic
terms. The native Americans told the early settlers here the good times
of the early 1900s wouldn't last because they had legend and oral
history that went back hundreds of years not just the lifetimes of the
current elders.

IOW, "this, too, shall pass"...

As for the grassfires, we worry all the time over that for sure. But,
again, one has to look at it in perspective. They're only a serious
problem because there are now permanent residents and structures where
before there were nomads and other wildlife.

I don't know precisely the estimated times there but here generally any
givem area could have expected to have burned about every 5-7 years. I
doubt it was too much greater for a lot of that country down there altho
probably fires didn't cover as extensive an area owing to more natural
barriers and that thunderstorms there generally do have sufficient rain
w/ them to put out fires after a while whereas we have a lot of dry
t-storms.

Since the house sits in the middle of several miles of grass in all
directions w/ only a road on one side of the place closer than a full
mile, we keep close eye out when it gets dry.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2010 11:57 AM, Master Betty wrote:

Similar problem. Your area isn't the rest of the world.

Central Tx had 52 consecutive days of over 100 degrees last summer. Hottest
summer in recorded history. Also,
we're suffering from one of the worst droughts on record. Pick up a
newspaper some time.

Me things Betty's a "Warmer".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 07:23:19 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15° F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

This is just some data that needs to be hidden.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:12:42 -0600, Michael Dobony wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 07:23:19 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

This is supposed to be "The South", it's 15? F at 7:00 am
in Birmingham, AL. There are some valleys in the area that
I know are a lot colder. Darn Canadian imports, y'all just
had to stick that cold tongue out at us. I've heard it called
The Alberta Express. BRRRRRRRR!

TDD

This is just some data that needs to be hidden.

It's irrelevent. Climate change != seasonal weather.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"mcp6453" wrote in message
On 1/5/2010 11:57 AM, Master Betty wrote:

Similar problem. Your area isn't the rest of the world.

Central Tx had 52 consecutive days of over 100 degrees last summer.
Hottest
summer in recorded history. Also,
we're suffering from one of the worst droughts on record. Pick up a
newspaper some time.

Me things Betty's a "Warmer".

"The name is "Master Betty" you son of a wart-hog."