Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Nasty no trespassing signs

Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real bullets,
but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 27, 6:06�pm, "SteveB" wrote:
Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? �We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real bullets,
but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

make some of your own.

tresspaers will be shot.

be creative and have fun

put up some dummy security cameras, with warning signs this area
monitored by video.

noisey dogs help a lot.

dog warning signs help discourage prowlers
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

"SteveB" wrote in message
Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural
properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real
bullets, but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

Saw a sign that read " I STAY UP THREE NIGHTS A WEEK WITH A 12 GUAGE
SHOTGUN GUARDING MY PROPERTY...YOU GUESS THE NIGHT!" thought that was
entertaining and to the point... Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

My fav was "Beware! Wild Apaganthas!"

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim" nospam@wherever wrote in message
el...

Saw a sign that read " I STAY UP THREE NIGHTS A WEEK
WITH A 12 GUAGE
SHOTGUN GUARDING MY PROPERTY...YOU GUESS THE NIGHT!"
thought that was
entertaining and to the point... Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
My fav was "Beware! Wild Apaganthas!"

how about the classic..
No trespassing..trespassers will be shot,
survivors will be shot twice

EJ in NJ

Posted to alt.home.repair

How about "Muted Rottweilers"

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real bullets,
but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

Not to be argumentative, because I don't want to **** off a crazy ole
man who shoots real bullets, but I have an observation and a question:

The question is, can you please define "daytime prowler?" It seems to me
that "prowling" is a big huge nebulous concept that's open to wide
interpretation and significance.

And the observation is, burglars don't respect signs.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:06:19 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties.

I don't know, but in NYC I used to see "Don't even think of parking
here."

That's probably not nasty enough.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real bullets,
but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:46:29 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

make some of your own.

tresspaers will be shot.

How about "Private Property. Trespassers will be violated."

be creative and have fun

put up some dummy security cameras, with warning signs this area
monitored by video.

noisey dogs help a lot.

dog warning signs help discourage prowlers

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

wrote:

make some of your own.

tresspaers will be shot.

How about "Private Property. *Trespassers will be violated."

be creative and have fun

put up some dummy security cameras, with warning signs this area
monitored by video.

noisey dogs help a lot.

dog warning signs help discourage prowlers- Hide quoted text -

One my grandfathers farm it was "trespassers will be shot". And to
deepen his message he always fired a load of buckshot through the sign
with the 12 guage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote:

Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real bullets,
but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

You can have your own printed up pretty cheaply these days. Get
creative. My favorite was a little note on the front door of a camp
in the boonies of Schoharie Co, NY in 1973 or so.

"The good folk of Schoharie County cleaned me out in 1968, so you'll
find little of value in this trailer. There are no guns, no liquor,
no TV & no cash. The only thing of value in this trailer is my size
54 Trench coat hanging in the hall closet. If I find you in my trench
coat, I'll bury you in it."

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

" Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural
properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real
bullets, but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

*What makes you think that these people who break into homes can read? Many
years ago when I was working on a house in an exclusive area of Los Angeles
I noticed every day that one home always had a police car parked in its
driveway in the same spot. It took me a few weeks to realize that it was
just a scarecrow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural
properties.
I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real
bullets, but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

The problem (rare) with witty signs is that they may come back to bite you,
especially when viewed in a different context (such as your trial for
manslaughter).

Prosecution: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you have seen ample evidence
of premeditation on the part of the defendant. He freely admits to erecting
signs on his property 'Warning, trespassers will be shot!' He then hid, like
a spider, biding his time, until a child or fireman or innocent traveler
entered his property so he could kill them with assumed impunity... You need
to send a message to the would-be vigilantes in our community that taking
the law into their own hands will not be tolerated!..."

Perhaps a better sign would simply be a recitation of the 'Castle Doctrine'
law - sometimes known as the 'Make My Day' law - in your jurisdiction (if
you have such a law):

"Warning! State law allows the owner of this property to presume harmful
intent on the part of intruders. Such threats may be met, under law, by the
use of deadly force. Any resulting death will automatically be ruled a
'Justifiable Homicide.' "

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:06:19 -0600, SteveB wrote:

Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real bullets,
but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Hmm, sign with "mind the big pit full of spikes" printed in tiny letters
- and in front of it, a big covered pit full of spikes?

Heard several tales from neighbors that the old dear who used to own our
place would to come out onto the porch and shoot at approaching salesmen -
although I don't think she wasted her time with actually warning them
first...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 01:45:17 -0400, mm wrote:
How about "Private Property. Trespassers will be violated."

Hmm, "trespassers will be towed"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Get a real security system. They come with a real sign. By your
description of the problem it is for real. Protect yourself the right
way, the real way.

Thomas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 8:19*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:
" Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? *We are

getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural
properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real
bullets, but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

*What makes you think that these people who break into homes can read? *Many
years ago when I was working on a house in an exclusive area of Los Angeles
I noticed every day that one home always had a police car parked in its
driveway in the same spot. *It took me a few weeks to realize that it was
just a scarecrow.

Some years ago in East Hampton the cops left a cop car parked on the
side of a back road which was a favorite quick way into town and the
cops wanted to make the people slow down. An empty car can be seen
from some distance, so they left a dummy in a uniform in the driver's
seat so people would be extry afeared.

Then one day the dummy was stolen! I still laugh when I think about
it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote:

"Warning! State law allows the owner of this property to presume harmful
intent on the part of intruders. Such threats may be met, under law, by the
use of deadly force. Any resulting death will automatically be ruled a
'Justifiable Homicide.' "

Houston has some very literate bad guys. Your schools must be much better than
Dallas's. --- Doug

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas wrote:

Get a real security system. They come with a real sign. By your
description of the problem it is for real. Protect yourself the right
way, the real way.

You think so? Average response time in Dallas, Texas for a Priority 1 police
call is 7 minutes. Must burglars are in and out in 5. A burglar alarm is NOT a
Priority 1 call. 20 minutes, maybe? They'll be there in time to take the
burglary report. -- Doug
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 10:11*am, Douglas Johnson wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Get a real security system. They come with a real sign. By your
description of the problem it is for real. Protect yourself the right
way, the real way.

You think so? *Average response time in Dallas, Texas for a Priority 1 police
call is 7 minutes. *Must burglars are in and out in 5. *A burglar alarm is NOT a
Priority 1 call. *20 minutes, maybe? *They'll be there in time to take the
burglary report. *-- Doug

I think it is better than just a homemade sign. My security system is
so loud it will make you vomit before you find it. Anyone who trips it
is going to consider a softer target.
I do agree about the police response time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing

signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very

rural properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who

shoots real bullets,
but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

Not to be argumentative, because I don't want to **** off a

crazy ole
man who shoots real bullets, but I have an observation and a

question:

The question is, can you please define "daytime prowler?" It

seems to me
that "prowling" is a big huge nebulous concept that's open to

wide
interpretation and significance.

And the observation is, burglars don't respect signs.

I think that is the point of those signs.

A notice that leaves nothing open to interpretation.

If someone reads the sign and ignores it then that person is of
your later observation (ie. burlar) because burglars are the
ones who ignore the sign. So, now the burglar and the property
owner are in agreement as to the persuasion of the would be
intruder.

robb

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:
[...]

My uncle was a city cop and one day fell asleep in his parked patrol
car. Somebody stole his hat and badge. His penalty was working extra
free hours. Thinks it was fellow cop that took his stuff.
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
SteveB wrote:
[...]

NRA recommends not using reloads for self defense for same reason.
Prosecution will argue that you made reloads to kill people.
You should buy commercial ammo to kill people

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in message
Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural
properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real
bullets, but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

I assume they try the door knob first to see if the door is unlocked. Attach
a fence charger to door knob. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real bullets,
but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

Not to be argumentative, because I don't want to **** off a crazy ole
man who shoots real bullets, but I have an observation and a question:

The question is, can you please define "daytime prowler?" It seems to me
that "prowling" is a big huge nebulous concept that's open to wide
interpretation and significance.

And the observation is, burglars don't respect signs.

I had some asshole come up my 1/10 long mile driveway on a 4 wheeler
where he suddenly saw me. Would you believe he said to me "You should
have a no trespassing sign down there!".
Posted to alt.home.repair

John Grabowski wrote:

" Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural
properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real
bullets, but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

*What makes you think that these people who break into homes can read?
Many years ago when I was working on a house in an exclusive area of Los
Angeles I noticed every day that one home always had a police car parked
in its driveway in the same spot. It took me a few weeks to realize
that it was just a scarecrow.

Funny, just the last couple weeks here the local cops have been leaving
"scarecrow" police cars parked all over town.
Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real bullets,
but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

I remember "Trespassers will be shot, survivors prosecuted" , and the
good ole "Property protected by Smith and Wesson".
Posted to alt.home.repair

How long till someone spraypaints one of them?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tony" wrote in message

*What makes you think that these people who break into
homes can read?
Many years ago when I was working on a house in an
exclusive area of Los
Angeles I noticed every day that one home always had a
police car parked
in its driveway in the same spot. It took me a few weeks
to realize
that it was just a scarecrow.

Funny, just the last couple weeks here the local cops have
been leaving
"scarecrow" police cars parked all over town.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Several comments:

I've always wanted to have some signs printed up saying "Trespassers
will be eaten."

On the serious side:

In many (most) areas of the U.S., the Castle Doctrine only applies to
the inside of your house/trailer/car, not all of your property.

In many areas, you can legally shoot someone trespassing on your
property, but ONLY if you have very specifically worded signs at
minimum intervals around your property. Using your creatively worded
signs won't cut it legally.

I knew some of the comments were in jest, but for anyone who might not
know, in most of the U.S. at least any kind of intentional booby trap
is illegal even if no one has any legal reason to be there. And they
are certainly the definition of "premeditation" if that turns out to
be important.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Larry Fishel wrote:
Several comments:

I've always wanted to have some signs printed up saying "Trespassers
will be eaten."

On the serious side:

In many (most) areas of the U.S., the Castle Doctrine only applies to
the inside of your house/trailer/car, not all of your property.

In many areas, you can legally shoot someone trespassing on your
property, but ONLY if you have very specifically worded signs at
minimum intervals around your property. Using your creatively worded
signs won't cut it legally.

I knew some of the comments were in jest, but for anyone who might not
know, in most of the U.S. at least any kind of intentional booby trap
is illegal even if no one has any legal reason to be there. And they
are certainly the definition of "premeditation" if that turns out to
be important.

An old man calls the cops and tells them someone is trying to get into
his shed. Cops say they are very busy and since no one is trying to get
into his house turn on a bunch of lights and lock all doors.
Old man waits five minutes and calls back. Tells cops there is no hurry
since he just shot the SOB. Hangs up. THREE minutes later first sirens
followed by multiple cop cars and an ambulance. Cops can't find anyone.
Where is the bad guy? Old man says "I thought you were very busy".

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
SteveB wrote:
[...]

And even then, be careful. When presented to a jury, there's a difference
between "Teflon-Coated Black Rhino Atomic-Devestator Fulminating
Fragmentation Exploding Shells" and "Glaser Safty Ammunition." (The latter
is a real bullet. It is "frangible" in that it disintegrates into dozens of
pieces when it hits flesh, er, the target, thereby preventing ricochetes and
over-penetration.)

"Yes, I used Glaser in my self-defense weapon because I didn't want my
bullet to go completely through the horrid, horrid man who was terrorizing
my family and continue through the wall and into the house next door and
perhaps injuring an innocent baby asleep in its crib, secure in the
knowledge that he was loved and protected by doting parents..."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Douglas Johnson wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote:

"Warning! State law allows the owner of this property to presume
harmful intent on the part of intruders. Such threats may be met,
under law, by the use of deadly force. Any resulting death will
automatically be ruled a 'Justifiable Homicide.' "

Houston has some very literate bad guys. Your schools must be much
better than Dallas's. --- Doug

Yes. The sign should be in letters at least 1/2" tall against a contrasting
background with identical wording in Spanish. It wouldn't hurt to have a red
caption, in letter two or more inches in height, saying "Nota Bene."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Larry Fishel wrote:
Several comments:

I've always wanted to have some signs printed up saying "Trespassers
will be eaten."

On the serious side:

In many (most) areas of the U.S., the Castle Doctrine only applies to
the inside of your house/trailer/car, not all of your property.

In many areas, you can legally shoot someone trespassing on your
property, but ONLY if you have very specifically worded signs at
minimum intervals around your property. Using your creatively worded
signs won't cut it legally.

Use of deadly force against a simple trespasser alone is never justified.

I knew some of the comments were in jest, but for anyone who might not
know, in most of the U.S. at least any kind of intentional booby trap
is illegal even if no one has any legal reason to be there. And they
are certainly the definition of "premeditation" if that turns out to
be important.

Use of booby traps is universally condemned and considered illegal
everywhere. There are any number of people who can lawfully enter your
property without your knowledge and even against your wishes.

* A peace officer with a warrant,
* Fireman, paramedic, animal control officer, or anyone else under exigent
circumstances,
* A child who has no criminal capability,
* A simple civil trespasser,
* Meter reader, postman, delivery service, and the like
* And maybe a hundred other classifications.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 27, 3:06*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? *We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real bullets,
but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

Yellow police tape. Signs about clearing a minefield.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are
getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real bullets,
but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

BIG red letters: "Be aware of Invisibility"

Or, "You are NOW in range" (target symbol in the center of the "O")

So, did you have a talk with this prowler and that is how word got
out?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"LouB" wrote in message
Larry Fishel wrote:
[...]

Great one Lou!! I wanted to post that one, but couldn't find it in my
archives G

Bill in Plano

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:

I've always wanted to have some signs printed up saying "Trespassers
will be eaten."

On the serious side:

In many (most) areas of the U.S., the Castle Doctrine only applies to
the inside of your house/trailer/car, not all of your property.

In many areas, you can legally shoot someone trespassing on your
property, but ONLY if you have very specifically worded signs at
minimum intervals around your property. Using your creatively worded
signs won't cut it legally.

Use of deadly force against a simple trespasser alone is never justified.

You should read a little about Joe Horn. I wish I had him for a
neighbor.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...q=f&oq=&aq i=

Robbery, Breaking and Entering, or whatever the perpetrators would have
been charged with if they had lived is *not* an offense punishable by death.

I find it difficult to believe that even if the *cops* had been called
and had witnessed the break-in or saw the perps exiting the building
carrying the loot, they would have shot to kill.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:53:38 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:

[...]

Think TEXAS!

Joe Horn solved an Immigration problem at the same time AND those shot
were not even on his property.

He told the 911 what he was going to do, and then did it. Good for
him.