Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default house signs, house signs, house signs - by timpson.co.uk

house signs, house signs, house signs - timpson.co.uk

A house sign or house number compliments any house. An individual and
personalised house sign or house number adds character and charm to
your home. The perfect gift for your friends and family for Christmas
2006.

http://www.timpson.co.uk

All our house signs and house numbers are made to the highest
standards.We have cast brass house signs, aluminium house signs,
ceramic house signs, Marble Effect house nameplates, acrylic house
numbers, slate house signs along with wood nameplates and sandstone
effect house plaques.

Our House Nameplates and house plaques all come with our Quality 5 year
Guarantee.Please select from the range of styles and choose the house
sign or house number that best suits your home. Whether you are looking
for the traditional look of slate and cast brass or a more contemporary
modern style, we have to the house sign or house number for you.

Once you have chosen your house sign or house number, order online &
your house sign or house number will be delivered direct to your door.

http://www.timpson.co.uk

house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house
signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs,
house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house
signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs,
house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house
signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs,
house signs, house signs,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 21:33:45 UTC, "stoppressnews"
wrote:

house signs, house signs, house signs - timpson.co.uk

A house sign or house number compliments any house.

Ooh! A talking house sign!

"Hello, house! How nice you're looking today!"

And this is an advert, which is a violation of the group charter. Thank
you.

How to alienate lots of customers...in an illiterate way...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stoppressnews wrote:
house signs, house signs, house signs - timpson.co.uk

A house sign or house number compliments any house. An individual and
personalised house sign or house number adds character and charm to
your home. The perfect gift for your friends and family for Christmas
2006.

Erm! that'll be 2007

http://www.timpson.co.uk

All our house signs and house numbers are made to the highest
standards.We have cast brass house signs, aluminium house signs,
ceramic house signs, Marble Effect house nameplates, acrylic house
numbers, slate house signs along with wood nameplates and sandstone
effect house plaques.

Our House Nameplates and house plaques all come with our Quality 5
year Guarantee.Please select from the range of styles and choose the
house sign or house number that best suits your home. Whether you are
looking for the traditional look of slate and cast brass or a more
contemporary modern style, we have to the house sign or house number
for you.

5 Year guarantee? does that mean I can change the numbers if I move house?

Once you have chosen your house sign or house number, order online &
your house sign or house number will be delivered direct to your door.

Where else would I expect it to go?

http://www.timpson.co.uk

house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house
signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house
signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house
signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house
signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house
signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house
signs, house signs, house signs, house signs, house signs,

Your PC has got the jitters.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

house signs, house signs, house signs - timpson.co.uk

A house sign or house number compliments any house.

Ooh! A talking house sign!

Nice one!

"Hello, house! How nice you're looking today!"

And this is an advert, which is a violation of the group charter. Thank
you.

How to alienate lots of customers...in an illiterate way...

Indeed.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

This has got to be one of the most incompetent 'adverts' I have seen for a
very long time.

Is it just 'forum trolling' by the proprietor's teenage offspring?

Keith

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
k...
stoppressnews wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Keith (Dorset) wrote:
This has got to be one of the most incompetent 'adverts' I have seen
for a very long time.

Is it just 'forum trolling' by the proprietor's teenage offspring?

Keith

No,but I suspect he knows the difference between spam,trolling,and top
posting.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

A house sign or house number compliments any house.

Ooh! A talking house sign!

Nice one!

I wonder if they do one for chavs that says "This place? Load of
********, mate".

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Keith \(Dorset\)" contains these words:

Is it just 'forum trolling' by the proprietor's teenage offspring?

Or possibly someone trying to get Timpsons into trouble.

Damned silly anyhow. I'd like to believe that a big company wouldn't do
anything so crass - but these days with the sort of infantile marketing
we get now who knows.

Took me ages to find out what a "side by side food centre" is.
Apparently it's a big fridge.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Aug 2006 14:33:45 -0700, "stoppressnews"
wrote:

house signs, house signs, house signs - timpson.co.uk

working abuse address, so:
NTL Customer services 0800 052 0800
NTL Sales 0800 052 9000

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message . net
from Paul Herber contains these words:

working abuse address,

Yeah, and there's another company that couldn't give a stuff about their
customers.

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . net, Paul
Herber writes
wrote:

house signs, house signs, house signs - timpson.co.uk

working abuse address, so:
NTL Customer services 0800 052 0800
NTL Sales 0800 052 9000

They appear to have a web based abuse report page:
http://bbplus.ntlworld.com/NetReport/index.php
, well hidden though.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y

house signs, house signs, house signs - timpson.co.uk

Personally I hated Timpson before this. Somehow or other they have
established a virtual monopoly in most towns in the UK for shoe repairs
and key cutting.

One of the clearest signs of this abuse is the fact that you won't see
any price list displayed in their shops. Two new heals for a pair of
mens shoes is over £10 ISTR. Parts must cost about 50p max. Not bad
profit for a 5 minute job!

And don't get me started on how much they charge for key cutting...Rip
off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "spamming******news"
saying something like:

spamming ******, spamming ******, spamming ****** - ******.co.uk

**** right off.
--

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
stoppressnews wrote:
house signs, house signs, house signs - timpson.co.uk

A house sign or house number compliments any house. An individual and
personalised house sign or house number adds character and charm to
your home. The perfect gift for your friends and family for Christmas
2006.

Erm! that'll be 2007

You sure?

Maybe he does his Christmas shopping in the January sales. :-)

John
--
John White,
Electrical Contractor
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , fred writes
In article . net, Paul
Herber writes
wrote:

house signs, house signs, house signs - timpson.co.uk

working abuse address, so:
NTL Customer services 0800 052 0800
NTL Sales 0800 052 9000

They appear to have a web based abuse report page:
http://bbplus.ntlworld.com/NetReport/index.php
, well hidden though.

As expected, google are f'ckn useless:

"Thank you for your note. Google does not regularly monitor or censor
postings sent to Google Groups, but we do try to prevent wide-scale spam
and other forms of Usenet abuse. Please be assured that the information
you sent to us is being collected and taken into account. While we
understand how annoying off-topic posts can be, we aren't able to pursue
most complaints we receive about them. We are using the information you
provide to make large-scale improvements in preventing abuse. We
appreciate your help in our efforts to increase the quality of Google
Groups.

Replies to this email address will not be received. If you have a general
Google Groups question or wish to report a post that you suspect is
illegal, please visit our Help Center at
http://groups-beta.google.com/support

Regards,
The Google Team"

If it helps anyone, where a user is sending crap through google groups I
generally find it more effective to send an abuse report straight to the
sender's ISP. The ISP can be found from the NNTP posting host line in the
header of the post by pasting it into one of the many WHOIS tools on the
internet. Most will have an abuse@ address listed there but NTL do not,
their abuse reports have to go through the web form I quoted earlier:
http://bbplus.ntlworld.com/NetReport/index.php
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

house signs, house signs, house signs - timpson.co.uk

working abuse address,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from fred contains these words:

As expected, google are f'ckn useless:

However, Timsons reckon they're going to "find the arse who did it".

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message .com,
stoppressnews writes
house signs, house signs, house signs

A house sign or house number compliments any house.

Well, it would

but not one of yours spammer

ever

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Guy King
writes
The message
from fred contains these words:

As expected, google are f'ckn useless:

However, Timsons reckon they're going to "find the arse who did it".

Hmmn, that's a positive reaction, I didn't reckon it was an official release ;-)
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Keith (Dorset)
wrote:

This has got to be one of the most incompetent 'adverts' I have seen for a
very long time.

Ditto your upside down, untrimmed posting, which re-iterates all the crap.

Is it just 'forum trolling' by the proprietor's teenage offspring?

Not sure. It isn't easy to glean context with such an upside down /
untrimmed contribution.

--
AJL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi

Thank's for everyone who has emailed about this post. It was not made
by anyone at Timpson Ltd. We do not post ad's in any form, as with this
one it will always bring negative coments and that can only cause us
harm. I'm sorry this ad has been posted an if anyone can help trace the
person/company that posted it please get in touch.

Russ Sanders
Timpson Ltd

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
more fun with air conditioning J Jensen Home Repair 93 September 7th 04 10:39 AM
more fun with air conditioning J Jensen Home Ownership 56 September 7th 04 06:20 AM
Why buy a house? victor Home Ownership 376 August 19th 04 11:08 PM
Buying a house: Some questions Tony Home Ownership 8 August 17th 04 06:38 AM