Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Still in the Stone Age rant

I have a fax machine. It is much easier to fax something than it is
to mail it or deliver it in person.

I got a prescription from the doctor yesterday. My doctor is 60 miles
from my house. My pharmacy is about 15 min in the opposite direction.
To save 30 min, I should be able to stop at home and fax them a copy
of my prescription so they have time to prepare it, and have it ready
when I get there..........but no.

I called the pharmacy, and asked if I could fax the prescription to
them, and bring the original with me to pick it up. They said they
have to have the prescription before they can fill it.

I am not talking about a prescription for morphine. This is for
Vitamin D.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I have a fax machine. It is much easier to fax something than it is
to mail it or deliver it in person.

I got a prescription from the doctor yesterday. My doctor is 60 miles
from my house. My pharmacy is about 15 min in the opposite direction.
To save 30 min, I should be able to stop at home and fax them a copy
of my prescription so they have time to prepare it, and have it ready
when I get there..........but no.

I called the pharmacy, and asked if I could fax the prescription to
them, and bring the original with me to pick it up. They said they
have to have the prescription before they can fill it.

I am not talking about a prescription for morphine. This is for
Vitamin D.

You should have had the doctor give the prescription. Many now have direct
links or can fax. My doctor can send a prescription faster to the pharmacy
by computer than he can write it by hand and give it to me. He no longer
even has the prescription pad in the office. I can renew on line too. Some
pharmacies offer a three month supply of most generic drugs for $10 too.

That fax machine is so 80's. You have to upgrade.

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Metspitzer wrote:
I have a fax machine. It is much easier to fax something than it is
to mail it or deliver it in person.

I got a prescription from the doctor yesterday. My doctor is 60 miles
from my house. My pharmacy is about 15 min in the opposite direction.
To save 30 min, I should be able to stop at home and fax them a copy
of my prescription so they have time to prepare it, and have it ready
when I get there..........but no.

I called the pharmacy, and asked if I could fax the prescription to
them, and bring the original with me to pick it up. They said they
have to have the prescription before they can fill it.

I am not talking about a prescription for morphine. This is for
Vitamin D.

Sounds reasonable to me. I have had my doctor phone a prescription in to the
drug store, and I have phoned them to renew a non-stocked prescription item,
that I needed. Your method sounds reasonable, unless there are specific laws
against it, I would look into another store, or at least ask why they won't
do it. As a retired person, I have even negotiated a reduced rate for their
"dispensing" fee in exhange for all my business.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:34:35 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

The prescription they give me is a computer print out, so they could
enter an email address or a fax number for the pharmacy once, and
never have to print it, but they don't.

I can also take the prescription to the reception desk, and give them
the fax number. The pharmacy will accept a fax from Emory, but the
staff always acts like it is extra work for them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:

I called the pharmacy, and asked if I could fax the prescription to
them, and bring the original with me to pick it up. They said they
have to have the prescription before they can fill it.

I am not talking about a prescription for morphine. This is for
Vitamin D.

I gave up on the local pharmacy, in large part because several times a year
I would try to pick up a prescription only to learn they'd run out and it
wouldn't be ready until tomorrow or whatever, they were always finding new
ways not to have a prescription ready for pickup. My doctor now faxes
prescriptions to a mail-order pharmacy which is happy to send me a
three-month supply for two-thirds of what the co-pay would have been at the
local drugstore. Apparently our insurance company has a deal with the
mail-order place, because they won't let local pharmacies do three months at
a time. The combination of lower prices and greater convenience made this a
real no-brainer of a decision.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Most fax machines, and computer fax programs, you can make the 'from'
line say whatever you want. Unless they have a caller ID function on
their fax machine that uses the caller ID string (possible, but I've
never seen one like that), they'd never know. Or does your medical
provider use a distinctive cover sheet with a rotating magic word or
something?

Just sayin'

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
I have a fax machine. It is much easier to fax something than it is
to mail it or deliver it in person.

I got a prescription from the doctor yesterday. My doctor is 60 miles
from my house. My pharmacy is about 15 min in the opposite direction.
To save 30 min, I should be able to stop at home and fax them a copy
of my prescription so they have time to prepare it, and have it ready
when I get there..........but no.

I called the pharmacy, and asked if I could fax the prescription to
them, and bring the original with me to pick it up. They said they
have to have the prescription before they can fill it.

I am not talking about a prescription for morphine. This is for
Vitamin D.

Hmmm,
Vitamin D needs a prescription? Any how never buy D2.
Only D3.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote in
:

I have a fax machine. It is much easier to fax something than it is
to mail it or deliver it in person.

I got a prescription from the doctor yesterday. My doctor is 60 miles
from my house. My pharmacy is about 15 min in the opposite direction.
To save 30 min, I should be able to stop at home and fax them a copy
of my prescription so they have time to prepare it, and have it ready
when I get there..........but no.

I called the pharmacy, and asked if I could fax the prescription to
them, and bring the original with me to pick it up. They said they
have to have the prescription before they can fill it.

I am not talking about a prescription for morphine. This is for
Vitamin D.

Can't you just buy vitamin D over-the-counter?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:
Metspitzer wrote in
:

I have a fax machine. It is much easier to fax something than it is
to mail it or deliver it in person.

I got a prescription from the doctor yesterday. My doctor is 60
miles from my house. My pharmacy is about 15 min in the opposite
direction. To save 30 min, I should be able to stop at home and fax
them a copy of my prescription so they have time to prepare it, and
have it ready when I get there..........but no.

I called the pharmacy, and asked if I could fax the prescription to
them, and bring the original with me to pick it up. They said they
have to have the prescription before they can fill it.

I am not talking about a prescription for morphine. This is for
Vitamin D.

Can't you just buy vitamin D over-the-counter?

If it's a "prescription," his health plan may very well pay for it (or most
of it).

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:
Metspitzer wrote in
:

I have a fax machine. It is much easier to fax something than it is
to mail it or deliver it in person.

I got a prescription from the doctor yesterday. My doctor is 60
miles from my house. My pharmacy is about 15 min in the opposite
direction. To save 30 min, I should be able to stop at home and fax
them a copy of my prescription so they have time to prepare it, and
have it ready when I get there..........but no.

I called the pharmacy, and asked if I could fax the prescription to
them, and bring the original with me to pick it up. They said they
have to have the prescription before they can fill it.

I am not talking about a prescription for morphine. This is for
Vitamin D.

Can't you just buy vitamin D over-the-counter?

If it's a "prescription," his health plan may very well pay for it (or most
of it).

Hi,
Bottle of GOOD vitamin D3, 1000i.u. is way less than 10.00.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:16:57 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:
Metspitzer wrote in
:

[...]

OK.........maybe it is not Vitamin D.
He said my D was low and gave me a prescription
I don't always check my facts before posting to Usenet.

To all that are wondering.........this is the exact med he prescribed.
My drug company pays 75%

http://i37.tinypic.com/16hoqig.jpg

I can send my lab results if this still leaves unanswered questions.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

On Oct 24, 8:41*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:16:57 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:
Metspitzer wrote in
:

[...]

Right. It's 50,000 IU Prescription strength.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:

-snip-
OK.........maybe it is not Vitamin D.
He said my D was low and gave me a prescription
I don't always check my facts before posting to Usenet.

There is only a slight advantage to"checking your facts before posting
to usenet" -- but checking what the Dr. prescribed, *and* what the
pharmacist gave you could save your life.

When it is so easy to plug a name into google and check dosages,
side-effect, and what meds are supposed to do, you're nuts not to take
the 5 minutes.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:16:57 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:
Metspitzer wrote in
:

[...]

Your label says that the med is to be taken once every seven days for
sixty days, no refills. No more trips? ) No need to 'splain.
http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed...fo.cfm?id=6189

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:16:57 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:
Metspitzer wrote in
:

[...]

Hmm,
Looks like you have near zero level of D in your body. Not good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 24, 2:58*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Metspitzer wrote:
I have a fax machine. *It is much easier to fax something than it is
to mail it or deliver it in person.

I got a prescription from the doctor yesterday. *My doctor is 60 miles
from my house. *My pharmacy is about 15 min in the opposite direction..
To save 30 min, I should be able to stop at home and fax them a copy
of my prescription so they have time to prepare it, and have it ready
when I get there..........but no.

I called the pharmacy, and asked if I could fax the prescription to
them, and bring the original with me to pick it up. *They said they
have to have the prescription before they can fill it.

I am not talking about a prescription for morphine. *This is for
Vitamin D.

Hmmm,
Vitamin D needs a prescription? Any how never buy D2.
Only D3.- Hide quoted text -

Regular Vit D no. My wife has a prescript for a massive dose once
each 2 weeks (50,000 units #4) - that needs a prescription.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sev wrote:
On Oct 24, 8:41 pm, Metspitzer wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:16:57 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:
Metspitzer wrote in
:
[...]

DANG! That stuff will give you sunburn! *snicker*

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
Metspitzer wrote:

-snip-
OK.........maybe it is not Vitamin D.
He said my D was low and gave me a prescription
I don't always check my facts before posting to Usenet.

There is only a slight advantage to"checking your facts before posting
to usenet" -- but checking what the Dr. prescribed, *and* what the
pharmacist gave you could save your life.

When it is so easy to plug a name into google and check dosages,
side-effect, and what meds are supposed to do, you're nuts not to take
the 5 minutes.

Jim

My pharmacy makes me sign a release and check a box that I've declined
'counseling' on the drugs side effects and such. But they still staple a
sheet with this info on the bag. I'd think most would do something similar,
if not by law, by CYA so you can't come back on them saying they didn't
tell you the side effects. So even without googling you should have plenty
of info available.

My doctor also faxes or otherwise electronically sends my prescription to
the pharmacy, but even with the 20 minute drive between the doctor's office
and the pharmacy, they never have it ready when I get there. The paying
customers at the window takes priority over the fax machine. They always
get it filled within a few minutes, so I'm not all that put-out by the wait.
Besides, the electronic form is less likely to ne misread by the pharmacist.
We all know how bad a doctor's handwriting can be!

Posted to alt.home.repair

My pharmacy does not fill faxed prescriptions until the customer contacts
them because many prescriptions faxed in by the Dr. are never picked up.
When my doctor faxes in a prescription for me, I call the pharmacy and let
them know I am coming and ask when it will be ready. They put it in line
to be filled in front of any customers who walk-in after I call. Yours
probably does the same. Try giving them a call.

My doctor also faxes or otherwise electronically sends my prescription to
the pharmacy, but even with the 20 minute drive between the doctor's office
and the pharmacy, they never have it ready when I get there. The paying
customers at the window takes priority over the fax machine. They always
get it filled within a few minutes, so I'm not all that put-out by the wait.
Besides, the electronic form is less likely to ne misread by the pharmacist.
We all know how bad a doctor's handwriting can be!

Posted to alt.home.repair

My father told me the same joke about a guy who enlisted,
and went to world war. On return, the military gave him back
all his stuff. Including the shoe ticket "ready in about
half hour".

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message

I remember the story of a chap clearing out his recently
deceased
grandfather's apartment in lower Manhattan. He found a
receipt from a
shoe-repair shop dated 1938!

Since the shoe-shop was still in business, he thought he
might have some
fun. Entering the shop, he walked to the counter and handed
the cobbler the
receipt.

Glancing at the ticket, the shoe repair guy said: "They'll
be ready
Wednesday."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dunno, but with the last perscription I had filled (beginning of July)
the doctor asked me where I wanted to get the meds-- told him Walgreens
There is one near my house-- actually there is a WalMart and a large
grocery store with a pharmacy slightly closer but I was in a lot of pain
and figured I could park a lot closer and have less walking at
Walgreens. Don't know how he got the perscription to them---carrier
pigeon for all I know-- but they had it when I got there. They had it
ready in a few minutes, got the needed info about the pills, paid and
left. No problems in the least. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sorry that you were in pain. One email friend of mine in
another state says that the Walmart brand of Vicodin
(Malandcrodt, maybe?) is just useless. He's got
fibromyalgia, and lives on Vicodins. Maybe the Walgreens
brand worked better, anyway.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Lp1331 1p1331" wrote in message
Dunno, but with the last perscription I had filled
(beginning of July)
the doctor asked me where I wanted to get the meds-- told
him Walgreens
There is one near my house-- actually there is a WalMart
and a large
grocery store with a pharmacy slightly closer but I was in a
lot of pain
and figured I could park a lot closer and have less walking
at
Walgreens. Don't know how he got the perscription to
them---carrier
pigeon for all I know-- but they had it when I got there.
They had it
ready in a few minutes, got the needed info about the pills,
paid and
left. No problems in the least. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

TD wrote:
(Lp1331 1p1331) wrote in news:11947-4AF4EAB8-
:

Dunno, but with the last perscription I had filled (beginning of
July) the doctor asked me where I wanted to get the meds-- told him
Walgreens There is one near my house-- actually there is a WalMart
and a large grocery store with a pharmacy slightly closer but I was
in a lot of pain and figured I could park a lot closer and have less
walking at Walgreens. Don't know how he got the perscription to
them---carrier pigeon for all I know-- but they had it when I got
there. They had it ready in a few minutes, got the needed info about
the pills, paid and left. No problems in the least. Larry

Many Docs will fax prescriptions to the pharmacy.

Yep. My doc showed me his program for so doing. It keeps all the info
needed, drugs, history, pharmacies' fax numbers, etc. All he has to do is
enter my name, check the drug (if it's a refill) and push a button.

Actually, no "fax" machine is required. The computer actually generates
fax-compatible communications. No fax machine at the pharmacy either; the
incoming "fax" goes into the pharmacy's computer and everything pops up on
the pharmacist's screen, labels printed, drug info sheet printed, etc.

Heck, I even fax my request for a refill to my doc (not really a fax - it's
a computer generated facsimile of a fax) who, in turn, sends an imitation
fax to the drug store that receives the fax without a fax machine.

My head hurts from thinking about it. I'll have to fax my doc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Sorry that you were in pain. One email friend of mine in
another state says that the Walmart brand of Vicodin
(Malandcrodt, maybe?) is just useless. He's got
fibromyalgia, and lives on Vicodins. Maybe the Walgreens
brand worked better, anyway.

Pass this on to your friend: Lyrica.

For SOME people, the side effect is walking into walls. For MOST people,
Lyrica is effective for the pain of fibromyalgia or diabetic neuropathy. By
substituting Lyrica for Vicodin for a couple of weeks - thereby flushing the
hydrocodine out of one's system - the efficacy of Vicodin is re-established.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HB, I know you were replying to Stormin about Lyrica, but that info is
good to know. The generic version of Vicodyn is what I am taking-- back
problems/sciatic nerve. I got a series of injections , three times two
weeks apart in July. Exactly midway between the second and third, I woke
up that morning and felt better than I had felt in months. A few weeks
ago the pain started coming back, though so far not anywhere near as bad
as it was before. Serveral friends had recommended acupuncture, so I had
a treatment each of the last two Mondays. Supposed to get one more this
Tuesday, but I dunno now-- it seems to have made me worse instead of
better. I thought of asking about it in here, but never did, and was
unable to find any other NG's where it might be on topic. You or anybody
have any experience/opinions on acupuncture? Any advice will be greatly
appreciated. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you. I'll have to print it off, and mail it. He's more
or less online. He got a computer with Vista, and hasn't
hardly been heard from after that. He did get a Rx for
Ultram (tramadol) which he finds to be effective.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Sorry that you were in pain. One email friend of mine in
another state says that the Walmart brand of Vicodin
(Malandcrodt, maybe?) is just useless. He's got
fibromyalgia, and lives on Vicodins. Maybe the Walgreens
brand worked better, anyway.

Pass this on to your friend: Lyrica.

For SOME people, the side effect is walking into walls. For
MOST people,
Lyrica is effective for the pain of fibromyalgia or diabetic
neuropathy. By
substituting Lyrica for Vicodin for a couple of weeks -
thereby flushing the
hydrocodine out of one's system - the efficacy of Vicodin is
re-established.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Still in the Stone Age rant (back problems)

Dear Larry,
You're always welcome to chime in, this is an open
forum, after all. I also suffer back problems. For me, when
I have a sore back it's usually cause my hamstrings have
tightened up. I do some very painful toe touchers and the
back problems lighten up.
Ask your doctor to try Ultram (R) or generic Tramadol. I
have heard these can be purchased from Mexico, online
without Rx. I've never ordered meds online. With an Rx, you
can order from Canada, also.
I have no experience with accupuncture.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
"Lp1331 1p1331" wrote

Tuesday, but I dunno now-- it seems to have made me worse
instead of better. I thought of asking about it in here, but never did,
and was unable to find any other NG's where it might be on topic.
You or anybody have any experience/opinions on acupuncture? Any advice
will be greatly appreciated. Larry

Dear Larry,
You're always welcome to chime in, this is an open
forum, after all. I also suffer back problems. For me, when
I have a sore back it's usually cause my hamstrings have
tightened up. I do some very painful toe touchers and the
back problems lighten up.

Grin, it's a matter of degree I suspect. Probably I should have been
reading this thread but only just noticed it was on back issues. Several
here have them. I am one. I'm thinking Ed too. Probably many. It's all a
matter of 'degree'. Most folks will by age 50 or so have a few issues now
and again. Although painful, they ease up in a day or so for most when it's
just muscular strain. This sounds on the outside what you have?

Larry however sounds a bit more like me. Acupuncture can actually do some
good with cases like yours. If Larry is mike me though, it's actual bone
damage and herniations (I have 3, 1 of which has been making me miserable
for 2 weeks straight now).

I higly advise not using mexico prescriptions for Tramadol without Doctor
approval. Do a google on the stuff and see the implications. It's used
only because long term chronic pain sufferers have few other options that
work. It's different if the Doc says 'keep to Tramadol 50's but feel free
to find a cheaper source if you can'. Warning also to any who have to fit a
'drug free' workplace with tests. Tramadol will show up and witrhout a
prescription, you can lose your job. I guarentee you I would lose mine if a
random test came up and I didnt have a prescription.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Lp1331 1p1331 wrote:
[...]

I'm an old nurse and have done a few years of case management for
workers comp claims. I've also had three very painful back injuries
which I cared for myself. More recently, I had two long episodes of
tendonitis of the shoulder, each one separately. It takes a lot to get
me to the doc, especially in the realm of "tincture of time". For my
back, the worst pain was after I helped a friend boost her very heavy
mom up in her wheelchair. I bent over the back of the wheelchair to
lift under her shoulders ... the very worst way to lift. Bam! I was in
pain for two months, serious for the first two weeks. I had no signs of
pressure on sciatic nerve, which would have been a very good reason to
see a doc right away. I used otc anti-inflam., heat and rest.

My shoulders were a longer-term problem, not real painful most of the
time but moving the wrong way was very painful. I didn't resort to
seeing the doc until I was in the second seige...the first went away
untreated. Got rx for strong anti-inflam., followed instructions
religiously but still had gastric pain. Not wanting a bleeding ulcer, I
quit taking it. Went back to the internist (bad specialty for shoulder
pain - they figger that if you're breathing you have no right to
complain) hoping to get a session or two of ultrasound rx. He said,
essentially, s--- happens ... sometimes at certain age things don't
work. I decided to take hot showers, as hot as I could, run stream of
hot water on shoulder and do stretching exercises at the same time. It
might have resulted in tearing the tendon but the problem resolved quickly.

First, obesity is of major importance in back problems and a lot of
joint problems. Second, a "protruding disc" is not pathology, per se.
It is a normal part of aging, and another good reason to stay in shape
and be careful about how you lift. If you look at back problems from a
mechanical point of view, like a good ahr-er, you will see that a fat
gut doesn't provide adequate support for the mechanics of lifting and
structural support....it's kind of like having soft, flexible bent wall
studs on two sides of a house and good, sturdy sound studs on the other
side. The weak side isn't going to hold up the roof and puts strain on
the other side.

If I was faced with needing Vicodin...or any other narc...for chronic
back pain, I would go see a good physiatrist (that is NOT psychiatrist).
Have referred numerous clients to them, but they are like any other
doc; some have good treatment plans, some are just selling drugs. I
would also consider acupuncture for chronic pain...many physicians use
them and the same cautions apply. Practitioners in any specialty vary
widely....some are creative and fashion treatment to the patient, others
just write the same garbage on an rx pad and collect a fee.

Swimming and bicycling are good, low stress exercises for back pain. I
once had a w.c. client, recovering from back surgery and under care of
an exceptionally good neurosurgeon. He prescribed water therapy for her
and we gladly paid for a YMCA membership for her. She was a good
patient, followed doc's orders, and recovered without any long-term
limitations. Went back to the same job. This is where obesity rears
it's ugly head again - makes it tough to go through surgery, tough to
exercise.

Sorry for the long epistle. If your problem gets better and then worse,
is it related to activity, stress, or ....?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hey, thanks for the replies. Yeah,my problems are way beyond strain,
which go away after a few days. First I went to a chiropractor on a
Friday afternoon. He took Xrays and gave me a "treatmnent" =putting me
on one of those tables and crunching me around. I felt good for just shy
of 24 hours afterwards. Went back on Monday afternooon and he showed me
the Xrays and gave me another treatment, which did absolutely nothing.
The next day I went to a back pain specialist who gave me the
perscription and set me up for an MRI. After the MRI, I got the three
series of injections. The Xrays and MRI showed 3 discs on my right side
were pretty much worn out. I pretty much
agree about Mexico meds. My folks are almost on the border(Tx/Mex) and
get a lot of their meds from Canada. I ws down there just last weekend.
Luckily felt fine almost the whole time. I never told my folks about the
problems-- would do nothing but give them something else to worry about.
Plus the occasion was my HS reunion, so I didn't want to be hobbling
around, seeing people I hadn't seen in from 10 to 40 years.
I personally have always wondered about acupuncture, but several friends
swore by it, so I figured I'd give it a try. They told me up front that
there was no guarantee it would help at all-- which I understood and had
no problem with.
About a month or so ago I had a customer who highly recommended yoga,
and I heard something on the news just this weekend saying pretty much
the same thing, so it is definitely something I'm gonna look into.
Thanks again to everyone. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

I higly advise not using mexico prescriptions for Tramadol
without Doctor
approval. Do a google on the stuff and see the
implications. It's used
only because long term chronic pain sufferers have few other
options that
work.

CY: Off the top of my head, it's a synthetic narcotic, with
low risk of addiction.

It's different if the Doc says 'keep to Tramadol 50's but
feel free
to find a cheaper source if you can'.

CY: Check also, if it conflicts with any other meds.

Warning also to any who have to fit a
'drug free' workplace with tests. Tramadol will show up and
witrhout a
prescription, you can lose your job. I guarentee you I
would lose mine if a
random test came up and I didnt have a prescription.

CY: I'd forgotten about work place drug tests. I've done
that once, when I worked for Sears, and decided I didn't
want to work any where that did drug testing. Random, or
not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped
CY: I'd forgotten about work place drug tests. I've done
that once, when I worked for Sears, and decided I didn't
want to work any where that did drug testing. Random, or
not.

In Florida, one can be arrested for carrying narcs not in the pharmacy
container. A neighbor of mine was arrested for having an open container
of alcohol in a public park. She drinks constantly ... all of the
time... and takes narcs as well. The police found the pills in her
purse and charged her for that as well. She used to come to the door
for assistance with an occasional chore that she was too drunk to do
alone, so I offered her a cup of coffee once. We talked while the fresh
pot of coffee brewed, and by the time the coffee was ready her hands
where shaking so hard that she couldn't hold the coffee cup. She got
her bottle of booze out of her purse....a really talented, good-hearted
person who won't live much past 50.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I just took 100mg of Tramadol a few minutes ago. I got
with a doctor friend of mine and explained that I don't
like any drug that will interfere with my senses or my
balance so he recommended Tramadol and it works for me
except that the dosage it takes to affect me will knock
a normal person on their butt. It's a problem I have
with all kinds of prescription drugs and I don't like
to take anything.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds like a tragic waste of an otherwise very nice person.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

As I understand, you're employed, and work with dangerous
things like power tools. So, you are very wise to be
cautious with medicines. The very rare times I've taken
Tramadol, it's provided excellent pain relief with no side
effects that I can tell.

I think they come in 50 MG or 100 MG tablets.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

I just took 100mg of Tramadol a few minutes ago. I got
with a doctor friend of mine and explained that I don't
like any drug that will interfere with my senses or my
balance so he recommended Tramadol and it works for me
except that the dosage it takes to affect me will knock
a normal person on their butt. It's a problem I have
with all kinds of prescription drugs and I don't like
to take anything.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

I sure hope that works out well, for you. You sound
considerate, not worrying your family about things. Please
let us know if it helps.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
" wrote:

In Florida, one can be arrested for carrying narcs not in the pharmacy
container.

I don't believe that. Are you sure you mean "arrested?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
" wrote:

In Florida, one can be arrested for carrying narcs not in the pharmacy
container.

I don't believe that. Are you sure you mean "arrested?"

Arrested, as in third-degree felony.....
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=Ch0893/SEC13.HTM&Title=-2009-Ch0893-Section%2013#0893.13

The St. Pete Times website has a permanent display of mug shots for
folks arrested in four area counties, at tampabay.com. You learn to
guess pretty well from the mugshots what the arrest was for ) If not
for drug addiction and related theft, the page would probably be blank.
Domestic violence without alcohol? Probably fairly uncommon.

It's a good place to study criminal profiling )

Middle age guy, calm pleasant expression: DUI
Middle age guy, angry expression: domestic violence
Young female, dopey looking: poss./distrib controlled sub.
Young female, alert: bad check or shoplifting (to get the controlled sub.
Young white guys: pot, driving without license, fta previous offense

With all of the trillions and trillions of words spoken and written
about the coming "healthcare plan", I don't recall mention of the US'
worst health problem: addiction.

What is difference between Arkansas stone and India stone [email protected] Metalworking 12 January 3rd 08 05:20 PM
OT rant [email protected] UK diy 0 December 10th 06 01:03 PM
ON TOPIC (RANT) MidAmerican Extrusions (RANT) Pedro Metalworking 4 April 25th 05 11:02 PM
Stone/Synthetic stone kitchen counter tops Mr. Bill Home Repair 6 October 15th 04 08:01 PM