Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default OT Still in the Stone Age rant

In article ,
(Lp1331 1p1331) wrote:

HB, I know you were replying to Stormin about Lyrica, but that info is
good to know. The generic version of Vicodyn is what I am taking-- back
problems/sciatic nerve. I got a series of injections , three times two
weeks apart in July. Exactly midway between the second and third, I woke
up that morning and felt better than I had felt in months. A few weeks
ago the pain started coming back, though so far not anywhere near as bad
as it was before. Serveral friends had recommended acupuncture, so I had
a treatment each of the last two Mondays. Supposed to get one more this
Tuesday, but I dunno now-- it seems to have made me worse instead of
better. I thought of asking about it in here, but never did, and was
unable to find any other NG's where it might be on topic. You or anybody
have any experience/opinions on acupuncture? Any advice will be greatly
appreciated. Larry

Even the Chinese medical community has dismissed acupuncture as snake
oil.

Yoga fixes back pain, no ifs, ands, or buts. 1.5 hours 3x weekly is
guaranteed to fix your back.

There's a little rubber ball sold in bookstores ("miracle ball") that
works remarkably well also. The postures with that are taken from yoga.