Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT Still in the Stone Age rant

TD wrote:
(Lp1331 1p1331) wrote in news:11947-4AF4EAB8-
:

Dunno, but with the last perscription I had filled (beginning of
July) the doctor asked me where I wanted to get the meds-- told him
Walgreens There is one near my house-- actually there is a WalMart
and a large grocery store with a pharmacy slightly closer but I was
in a lot of pain and figured I could park a lot closer and have less
walking at Walgreens. Don't know how he got the perscription to
them---carrier pigeon for all I know-- but they had it when I got
there. They had it ready in a few minutes, got the needed info about
the pills, paid and left. No problems in the least. Larry

Many Docs will fax prescriptions to the pharmacy.

Yep. My doc showed me his program for so doing. It keeps all the info
needed, drugs, history, pharmacies' fax numbers, etc. All he has to do is
enter my name, check the drug (if it's a refill) and push a button.

Actually, no "fax" machine is required. The computer actually generates
fax-compatible communications. No fax machine at the pharmacy either; the
incoming "fax" goes into the pharmacy's computer and everything pops up on
the pharmacist's screen, labels printed, drug info sheet printed, etc.

Heck, I even fax my request for a refill to my doc (not really a fax - it's
a computer generated facsimile of a fax) who, in turn, sends an imitation
fax to the drug store that receives the fax without a fax machine.

My head hurts from thinking about it. I'll have to fax my doc.