Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

Default OT Still in the Stone Age rant

On Oct 24, 8:41*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:16:57 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:
Metspitzer wrote in
:

I have a fax machine. *It is much easier to fax something than it is
to mail it or deliver it in person.

I got a prescription from the doctor yesterday. *My doctor is 60
miles from my house. *My pharmacy is about 15 min in the opposite
direction. To save 30 min, I should be able to stop at home and fax
them a copy of my prescription so they have time to prepare it, and
have it ready when I get there..........but no.

I called the pharmacy, and asked if I could fax the prescription to
them, and bring the original with me to pick it up. *They said they
have to have the prescription before they can fill it.

I am not talking about a prescription for morphine. *This is for
Vitamin D.
Can't you just buy vitamin D over-the-counter?

If it's a "prescription," his health plan may very well pay for it (or most
of it).

Hi,
Bottle of GOOD vitamin D3, 1000i.u. is way less than 10.00.

OK.........maybe it is not Vitamin D.
He said my D was low and gave me a prescription
I don't always check my facts before posting to Usenet.

To all that are wondering.........this is the exact med he prescribed.
My drug company pays 75%

http://i37.tinypic.com/16hoqig.jpg

I can send my lab results if this still leaves unanswered questions.

Right. It's 50,000 IU Prescription strength.