Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT Still in the Stone Age rant

Metspitzer wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 16:34:35 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I have a fax machine. It is much easier to fax something than it is
to mail it or deliver it in person.

I got a prescription from the doctor yesterday. My doctor is 60 miles
from my house. My pharmacy is about 15 min in the opposite direction.
To save 30 min, I should be able to stop at home and fax them a copy
of my prescription so they have time to prepare it, and have it ready
when I get there..........but no.

I called the pharmacy, and asked if I could fax the prescription to
them, and bring the original with me to pick it up. They said they
have to have the prescription before they can fill it.

I am not talking about a prescription for morphine. This is for
Vitamin D.

You should have had the doctor give the prescription. Many now have direct
links or can fax. My doctor can send a prescription faster to the pharmacy
by computer than he can write it by hand and give it to me. He no longer
even has the prescription pad in the office. I can renew on line too. Some
pharmacies offer a three month supply of most generic drugs for $10 too.

That fax machine is so 80's. You have to upgrade.

The prescription they give me is a computer print out, so they could
enter an email address or a fax number for the pharmacy once, and
never have to print it, but they don't.

I can also take the prescription to the reception desk, and give them
the fax number. The pharmacy will accept a fax from Emory, but the
staff always acts like it is extra work for them.

Most fax machines, and computer fax programs, you can make the 'from'
line say whatever you want. Unless they have a caller ID function on
their fax machine that uses the caller ID string (possible, but I've
never seen one like that), they'd never know. Or does your medical
provider use a distinctive cover sheet with a rotating magic word or
something?

Just sayin'

--
aem sends...