Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - How to sell a car?

Oddly, there are no good usergroups I know of for a question like this. ahr
seems as good as any place.

I have my car for sale.
Is it okay to let them take it for a test drive? If they don't come back,
have they stolen it, or have they just borrowed it for longer than I
intended? When I bought a used car two years ago nobody thought twice about
letting me test drive them, but I look really harmless.

Is a bank check secure enough? Except for cash I don't know of anything
safer. And I suppose if they gave me forged check it wouldn't be much
different than stealing the car.

Any advice, or good websites on the subject, would be appreciated.