Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default OT - How to sell a car?

In article ,
wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 03:09:09 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

Oddly, there are no good usergroups I know of for a question like this. ahr
seems as good as any place.

I have my car for sale.
Is it okay to let them take it for a test drive? If they don't come back,
have they stolen it, or have they just borrowed it for longer than I
intended? When I bought a used car two years ago nobody thought twice about
letting me test drive them, but I look really harmless.

Is a bank check secure enough? Except for cash I don't know of anything
safer. And I suppose if they gave me forged check it wouldn't be much
different than stealing the car.

Any advice, or good websites on the subject, would be appreciated.

I will let someone take the car by themselves if the one theyt left at
my house is a better car. I do copy their driver's license and
insurance card. (just like the car dealer)
Cash only and I wipe it with a counterfiet pen.

What is a counterfiet (sp?) pen?

David