Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] oliver_wendall_douglas@theoldhaneyplace.hooterville is offline

Default OT - How to sell a car?

Toller wrote:
Oddly, there are no good usergroups I know of for a question like
this. ahr seems as good as any place.

I have my car for sale.
Is it okay to let them take it for a test drive? If they don't come
back, have they stolen it, or have they just borrowed it for longer
than I intended? When I bought a used car two years ago nobody
thought twice about letting me test drive them, but I look really
harmless.
Is a bank check secure enough? Except for cash I don't know of
anything safer. And I suppose if they gave me forged check it
wouldn't be much different than stealing the car.

Any advice, or good websites on the subject, would be appreciated.

Test drive?? Sure, let me hop in with you, I have the insurance card in my
billfold.

check?? yeah, there is a drive through bank 2 blocks down. I prefer cash,
please

worked for me, 4 times in the last 3 years.... nobody was offended.