Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Craftsman Dumps Lifetime Warranty?

There has just been a discussion of this over in
rec.crafts.metalworking. I could be wrong, but after a quick look
through the Sears website I found no mention of the Craftsman tool
lifetime warranty anywhere. They used to hype it quite a bit...

Guess I may to have to start buying tools again, haven't done that since
the 70's. I've just been returning the broken/worn ones over and over,
it was a good deal!

Kinda of sad in a way, for years now that was the last remaining reason
to go near their stores.

Erik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Erik" wrote in message
There has just been a discussion of this over in
rec.crafts.metalworking. I could be wrong, but after a quick look
through the Sears website I found no mention of the Craftsman tool
lifetime warranty anywhere. They used to hype it quite a bit...

Guess I may to have to start buying tools again, haven't done that since
the 70's. I've just been returning the broken/worn ones over and over,
it was a good deal!

Kinda of sad in a way, for years now that was the last remaining reason
to go near their stores.

Erik

When you bought they had a lifetime warranty. I would question why they
would discontinue the lifetime warranty, there are other CO. offering it
also. But then again K-mart is at the helm now

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:43:25 GMT, Erik wrote:

There has just been a discussion of this over in
rec.crafts.metalworking. I could be wrong, but after a quick look
through the Sears website I found no mention of the Craftsman tool
lifetime warranty anywhere. They used to hype it quite a bit...

Guess I may to have to start buying tools again, haven't done that since
the 70's. I've just been returning the broken/worn ones over and over,
it was a good deal!

Kinda of sad in a way, for years now that was the last remaining reason
to go near their stores.

Which supports the reason to not offer the lifetime warranty any more.
If you only go there to exchange your tools and don't purchase
anything else, where is the profit margin in that?
Posted to alt.home.repair
MCL MCL is offline

Don't know what website your looking at but just checked out a few tools on
the sears website & it clearly states "Unconditional Lifetime Warranty".
Don't panic all is well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"MCL" wrote in message
Don't know what website your looking at but just checked out a few tools
on
the sears website & it clearly states "Unconditional Lifetime Warranty".
Don't panic all is well.

If you read the whole article you have to take them to K-Mart for the
exchange. The theory being the service is so bad you'll just say screw it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Craftsman Dumps Lifetime Warranty? *False*

Erik wrote:

There has just been a discussion of this over in
rec.crafts.metalworking. I could be wrong, but after a quick look
through the Sears website I found no mention of the Craftsman tool
lifetime warranty anywhere. They used to hype it quite a bit...

Guess I may to have to start buying tools again, haven't done that since
the 70's. I've just been returning the broken/worn ones over and over,
it was a good deal!

Kinda of sad in a way, for years now that was the last remaining reason
to go near their stores.

Erik

You didn't look very hard, it is most certainly still there though their
site isn't promoting it very well. Go to the Sears and/or Craftsman
sites and browse to an actual Craftsman hand tool listing. Select the
product specifications tab and look at the "General warranty" line and
you'll see "Full Unlimited", "Lifetime", "Guaranteed Forever" or similar
synonymous description.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.home.repair

MCL wrote:

Don't know what website your looking at but just checked out a few tools on
the sears website & it clearly states "Unconditional Lifetime Warranty".
Don't panic all is well.

Correct, it's either someone not reading the details, or yet another
bogus Craftsman bashing attempt, or both.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Pete C."
wrote:

Erik wrote:

[...]

Hmmm... clicking the 'product specifications' tab produces nothing for
me... tried two browsers too.

Erik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Erik wrote:

In article , "Pete C."
wrote:

Erik wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a Javascript issue.

Pete C.

HMS Warranty a waste of Money [email protected] Home Ownership 0 August 22nd 06 04:44 PM
Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 07:12 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 07:27 PM
Sears Craftsman lifetime warranty John Holbrook Metalworking 8 September 30th 03 12:51 AM
How do I find out Warranty service for my Digital Camera? Matthew England Electronics Repair 0 August 5th 03 11:19 PM