Posted to alt.home.repair
Curtis Newton Curtis Newton is offline

Default Craftsman Dumps Lifetime Warranty?

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:43:25 GMT, Erik wrote:

There has just been a discussion of this over in
rec.crafts.metalworking. I could be wrong, but after a quick look
through the Sears website I found no mention of the Craftsman tool
lifetime warranty anywhere. They used to hype it quite a bit...

Guess I may to have to start buying tools again, haven't done that since
the 70's. I've just been returning the broken/worn ones over and over,
it was a good deal!

Kinda of sad in a way, for years now that was the last remaining reason
to go near their stores.

Which supports the reason to not offer the lifetime warranty any more.
If you only go there to exchange your tools and don't purchase
anything else, where is the profit margin in that?