Posted to alt.home.repair

Default remove washer odor

I am an appliance repair tech. It is a common problem for both top
load and front load washers to have an odor problem. We have tried
different chemicals to rid washers of this foul odor. This includes
bleach, ammonia, vinegar etc. A couple of years ago we came across a
product called "PureWash" I don't know what's in it but it's the only
thing that takes out mold, fungus and that mildew smell and really
satisfies customers! We can't find it in stores - we have to get it
from a website www.smellywasher.com / It works so well that we buy it
in bulk

Posted to alt.home.repair

"motsbc" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am an appliance repair tech. It is a common problem for both top
load and front load washers to have an odor problem. We have tried
different chemicals to rid washers of this foul odor. This includes
bleach, ammonia, vinegar etc. A couple of years ago we came across a
product called "PureWash" I don't know what's in it but it's the only
thing that takes out mold, fungus and that mildew smell and really
satisfies customers! We can't find it in stores - we have to get it
from a website www.smellywasher.com / It works so well that we buy it
in bulk

Speaking of "smell", I could be wrong but this "smells" suspiciously like
Spam. I "used" to be an appliance salesman and we always recommended that
customers leave the lid open for a couple of hours after washing and to run
bleach through the machine once every week or two. That always seemed to do
the trick.

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9 Sep 2006 19:30:06 -0700, "motsbc" wrote:

I am an appliance repair tech. It is a common problem for both top
load and front load washers to have an odor problem. We have tried
different chemicals to rid washers of this foul odor. This includes
bleach, ammonia, vinegar etc. A couple of years ago we came across a
product called "PureWash" I don't know what's in it but it's the only
thing that takes out mold, fungus and that mildew smell and really
satisfies customers! We can't find it in stores - we have to get it
from a website spam cut / It works so well that we buy it
in bulk

To prevent mold and rust leave the washer lid in the open position.
Your washer will last longer and there will be no odor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Speaking of bull**** spam your product is it, for Mold mildew a gallon
of bleach on a minimal water cycle will kill anything , gee probably a
pint will. I will bet your expensive product is sodium hypochlorate
base, the same ingrediant as house hold Bleach.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I wanted to add comments to my earlier post as is health issue. If you're
using rinse aid in your dishwasher you may want to rethink what you're
doing as rinse aid changes the surface tension of water. There is no rinse
cycle after rinse aid is dispensed. Scientists say that people are made of
75% water and it doesn't make sense for us to drink anything that changes
surface tension. Those bubbles that go to the top and fall back down when
you fill your glass aren't caused by detergent. It's rinse aid that
people are drinking! Go to my repair site (Tom, I don't need anymore
business)and read the appliance advice page for more options rather than
using rinse aid!

I am an appliance repair tech. It is a common problem for both top
load and front load washers to have an odor problem. We have tried
different chemicals to rid washers of this foul odor. This includes
bleach, ammonia, vinegar etc. A couple of years ago we came across a
product called "PureWash" I don't know what's in it but it's the only
thing that takes out mold, fungus and that mildew and really
satisfies customers! We can't find it in stores - we have to get it
from a website www.smellywasher.com / It works so well that we buy it
in bulk

Posted to alt.home.repair

I want to add comment to my earlier post as is a health issue. If you are
using rinse aid in your dishwasher you may want to rethink this as rinse
aid is dispensed in the rinse cycle. When you fill a glass with water
from a unit that uses rinse aid bubbles go to the top and fall back down.
It's not detergent but rinse aid that people are drinking. Rinse aid
changes the surface tension of water. Scientists say that people are made
of 75% water. Go to my repair site at www.4airdoc.com (Tom, I don't need
anymore business)and read the appliance advice page for more options.

I am an appliance repair tech. It is a common problem for both top
load and front load washers to have an odor problem. We have tried
different chemicals to rid washers of this foul odor. This includes
bleach, ammonia, vinegar etc. A couple of years ago we came across a
product called "PureWash" I don't know what's in it but it's the only
thing that takes out mold, fungus and that mildew smell and really
satisfies customers! We can't find it in stores - we have to get it
from a website www.smellywasher.com / It works so well that we buy it
in bulk

Posted to alt.home.repair

I just add a scoop of baking soda to every load and have on odor
problems. I buy it at Sam's Club for ~$5 a bucket, makes a great tooth
paste also.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m Ransley wrote:
Speaking of bull**** spam your product is it, for Mold mildew a gallon
of bleach on a minimal water cycle will kill anything , gee probably a
pint will. I will bet your expensive product is sodium hypochlorate
base, the same ingrediant as house hold Bleach.

A bleach clean is okay once in a while but certainly not a gallon!
There should be no reason to run a bleach clean more than twice a year.
If there is still a problem it is with detergent use. Bleach will dry
out seals and gaskets which will cause leaking!
We have used this cleaner. I think it's called purewasher? Don't
remember the site where our office gets it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Speaking of "smell", I could be wrong but this "smells" suspiciously like
Spam. I "used" to be an appliance salesman and we always recommended that
customers leave the lid open for a couple of hours after washing and to run
bleach through the machine once every week or two. That always seemed to do
the trick.

Tom G.

/ If you ever take apart any washer that has ever had an odor
problem you would see a thin layer of fungus that is caused by
following detergent directions. It's like washing your clothes in a
barrel of fungus. Bleach will remove some of this fungus but it also
wreaks havoc with seals. There should be no reason that the lid would
have to be left open. If there is an odor problem it is with detergent
use.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"airdoc" wrote in
ps.com:

Speaking of "smell", I could be wrong but this "smells" suspiciously
like Spam. I "used" to be an appliance salesman and we always
recommended that customers leave the lid open for a couple of hours
after washing and to run bleach through the machine once every week
or two. That always seemed to do the trick.

Tom G.

/ If you ever take apart any washer that has ever had an odor
problem you would see a thin layer of fungus that is caused by
following detergent directions. It's like washing your clothes in a
barrel of fungus. Bleach will remove some of this fungus but it also
wreaks havoc with seals. There should be no reason that the lid would
have to be left open. If there is an odor problem it is with detergent
use.

a thin layer of fungus that is caused by
following detergent directions.

If this is the case, use oxygen bleach (sodium percarbonate). It can be
used everywhere from the washer to cleaning the black alge off of roof
shingles.

See: http://alsnetbiz.com/homeimprovement/oxybleach.html
Also many uses at http://www.askthebuilder.com

The big difference in sources seems to be the percentage of oxygen bleach
in what your are getting vs fillers. That **** that Billy Banks sells on
TV is probably 98% his belly button lint. I think he and that Sears whore
Bob Vila do each other.