Tom

Default How to Remove Knob on Kenmore Washer

wrote in message
I have a Kenmore series 60 washer. The control timer has gone to
crap. A local appliance store had the same washer sitting out back in
their pile of junkers and said I could have it, and also said as far
as he knew, the timer was still good. I just opened up both machines
and find that the wiring is all one harness and just plugs in. I
thought this should be an easy repair. WRONG !
There are no visible screws to remove the timer. But carefully prying
the knob, I see there are some screws behind the knob. Great, except
one thing.
HOW IN THE HECK DO I REMOVE THE KNOB?

It wont pull off, there are no set screws, nothing visible that I can
see....... The f###ing thing just wont come off.

Can anyone help.

Thank U
George

Push knob in and unscrew to left...at least if it is less than 15 years old.
That's the way customers used to steal the knobs from the display models in
the store I worked in.

Sycamouse

I love it, Tom! Great answer!
Kind of like if you lost your car keys and wanted to find our how to start
it without the keys, ask a car thief.
Thanks for the laugh!