AuralFeast

Default Leaking Kitchenaid Washer

Our older Kitchenaid washer is beginning to leak. Both hot and cold water
hoses appear to be sound, as does the drain hose. The leak occurs when the
washer is filling, and water flows from the bottom of the washer. I was able
to tip the washer during one of these leaks and observed the majority of the
leakage coming from the middle of the bottom of the washer.

Additionally - and maybe its my imagination - the washer seems to be spinning
louder than ever.

Any ideas what this is? If so, is it repairable? Do I bother calling a
serviceman out, or considering it's age, just buy a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
Dave Harnish

Hi Bob,

The most common leak I see from these very reliable washers is the
pump. It's located bottom front, and you'll usually see water leaking
from behind it, out the shaft seal.

Most use pump part number 3363394, but there is another # in use too.
Let me know if you'd like an instruction sheet on its replacement. Just
getting these articles posted to a website we're working on, and I'll be
glad to email it to you. But I'll need the model number to be certain
we're on the same page.

You can see a pic of this pump in my Ebay store he

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=20 714&rd=1

(if the link doesn't work, just enter 2344097181 in any Ebay search box)

Be aware the washer's whole cabinet easily comes off for service
- 2 screws, 2 clips. No need to struggle to access it from bottom
or rear. It's very easy to locate a leak with the cab off. Nicest washer
out there for service!

Let me know.
--
God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA

570-363-2404

I'm a 30-year pro appliance technician, and love sharing what
I've learned - in a FREE Monthly Appliance Tips Newsletter:
www.DavesRepair.com

Acts 4:12