Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C window unit: compressor or not?

I live in a rented apartment (small) and it has a window AC unit. It's
turned super hot (heat index 100+) and the unit didn't seem like it was
cooling as well as usual.

I've lived here just over a year, and hadn't yet cleaned the filter...I
went to do so and no filter! The metal fin things that easily bend were
totally clotted with crud. I did the best I could cleaning it up,
between a toothbrush and vacuum cleaner. (I probably bent some in the
process) Should there have been a filter???

But I've been noticing the cooling goes on and off much more than (I
think) it should in such hot weather. I've been timing it this
afternoon, and it seems to be pretty precise:

every six minutes, the compressor kicks on and it cools...for six
minutes. Then it goes off and the fan runs out regular (warmish and
stinky) air for...six minutes.

So exactly every six minutes it cools six minutes, then fan but no cool
for six minutes and so on.

Is this normal and something I just never noticed before, or is this
wrong? The cooling seems okay, though I was thinking I should call the
rental company and have them come over and do a good cleaning of the
unit. Unfortunately (I've gone through this with a different apt. they
managed before) their procedure is this: two handymen guys come by early
morning and remove the unit, then set it in the yard. At some point
during the day, an AC repair guy comes by, picks it up and takes it off
for cleaning/repair. He returns it the next day, setting it in the yard,
and then some time that day the handymen guys come back and put it back
in the window. So I have to go without any AC for about a day and a half.

It's supposed to cool down (to the 80s) tomorrow, Wed and Thurs, so if
y'all think it sounds like it needs a repair, I was thinking I'd call
Wed and hopefully schedule pickup Thurs morning. I could live through
80s for a day with no AC, but I'd like to have it done and running right
before the heat comes back this next weekend.

So...if this six minute on/off thing doesn't sound right, what do I tell
the person at the rental office who is semi stupid? I need to clearly
communicate the problem, or they'll just tell the AC repair guy to hose
it off and call it done. I need some expert talk to say, or they'll tell
me the six minute cycle is perfectly normal, and I really do not think
it is. I think during 100 degree heat, that sucker ought to be running
24/7, not every other six minutes.

Am I wrong?

Thanks for listening while I sweat!
--
To email, remove the kitty litter...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Carol" wrote in message

I've lived here just over a year, and hadn't yet cleaned the filter...I
went to do so and no filter! The metal fin things that easily bend were
totally clotted with crud. I did the best I could cleaning it up,
between a toothbrush and vacuum cleaner. (I probably bent some in the
process) Should there have been a filter???

Yes,m there should be a filter. It does not take much, just a cheap foam
filter from the home center will do.

But I've been noticing the cooling goes on and off much more than (I
think) it should in such hot weather. I've been timing it this
afternoon, and it seems to be pretty precise:

every six minutes, the compressor kicks on and it cools...for six
minutes. Then it goes off and the fan runs out regular (warmish and
stinky) air for...six minutes.

If the coils are as dirty as you say, air flow is blocked and pressures
inside are building and tripping the compressor out.

He returns it the next day, setting it in the yard,
and then some time that day the handymen guys come back and put it back
in the window. So I have to go without any AC for about a day and a half.

If is is a large apartment complex, they may have an extra unit and can swap
it out. Call them anyway.

So...if this six minute on/off thing doesn't sound right, what do I tell
the person at the rental office who is semi stupid? I need to clearly
communicate the problem, or they'll just tell the AC repair guy to hose
it off and call it done. I need some expert talk to say, or they'll tell
me the six minute cycle is perfectly normal, and I really do not think
it is. I think during 100 degree heat, that sucker ought to be running
24/7, not every other six minutes.

Am I wrong?

No, you are not wrong. Just tell the person it is not working at all and
there is no filter. Giving too many details may actually hinder progress in
this case. Firmly as for a repair quickly.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 23:21:00 GMT, Carol
wrote:

I live in a rented apartment (small) and it has a window AC unit. It's
turned super hot (heat index 100+) and the unit didn't seem like it was
cooling as well as usual.

I've lived here just over a year, and hadn't yet cleaned the filter...I
went to do so and no filter! The metal fin things that easily bend were
totally clotted with crud. I did the best I could cleaning it up,
between a toothbrush and vacuum cleaner. (I probably bent some in the
process) Should there have been a filter???

Sure. It's good that you cleaned it. A little fin bending will only
hurt a little. If I bent a bunch, I would eventually straigten them
out.

It's hard to tell how dirty the thing is now that you tried to clean
it.

But I've been noticing the cooling goes on and off much more than (I
think) it should in such hot weather. I've been timing it this
afternoon, and it seems to be pretty precise:

every six minutes, the compressor kicks on and it cools...for six
minutes. Then it goes off and the fan runs out regular (warmish and
stinky) air for...six minutes.

Do you have the recirculation valve closed. It might be labelled
"outside" or something. The air that comes out with that valve closed
should be the same temp as the air in your room, even with the
compressor off.

So exactly every six minutes it cools six minutes, then fan but no cool
for six minutes and so on.

Is this normal and something I just never noticed before, or is this
wrong? The cooling seems okay, though I was thinking I should call the
rental company and have them come over and do a good cleaning of the
unit. Unfortunately (I've gone through this with a different apt. they
managed before) their procedure is this: two handymen guys come by early
morning and remove the unit, then set it in the yard. At some point
during the day, an AC repair guy comes by, picks it up and takes it off
for cleaning/repair. He returns it the next day, setting it in the yard,
and then some time that day the handymen guys come back and put it back
in the window. So I have to go without any AC for about a day and a half.

That strikes me as pretty good service, considering it takes 3 stages
to do this.

I guess the best thing to have done was to have checke this in April
or May or early June. There were a few hot days during that period,
but I think testing could have been done on even a 68 degree day.

It's supposed to cool down (to the 80s) tomorrow, Wed and Thurs, so if
y'all think it sounds like it needs a repair, I was thinking I'd call
Wed and hopefully schedule pickup Thurs morning. I could live through
80s for a day with no AC, but I'd like to have it done and running right
before the heat comes back this next weekend.

So...if this six minute on/off thing doesn't sound right, what do I tell
the person at the rental office who is semi stupid? I need to clearly

Hey, you're the guy who waited until July. I'll bet the office has
air conditioning.

communicate the problem, or they'll just tell the AC repair guy to hose
it off and call it done. I need some expert talk to say, or they'll tell
me the six minute cycle is perfectly normal, and I really do not think
it is. I think during 100 degree heat, that sucker ought to be running
24/7, not every other six minutes.

If the room is cool enough, that's ridiculous. You said the cooling
seems ok.

Am I wrong?

Thanks for listening while I sweat!

You said the cooling seems ok.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

No, you are not wrong. Just tell the person it is not working at all and
there is no filter. Giving too many details may actually hinder progress in
this case. Firmly as for a repair quickly.

Thank you.
--
To email, remove the kitty litter...
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
mm wrote:

Do you have the recirculation valve closed. It might be labelled
"outside" or something. The air that comes out with that valve closed
should be the same temp as the air in your room, even with the
compressor off.

There's a closed and open button, and I've googled trying to figure out
what it means. As far as I can tell, open means it's sucking in outside
air and closed means it's recycling inside air. I might be totally wrong
on that. Anyway, I've switched it back and forth between open and
closed, and I can't tell a bit of difference.

[...]

LOL, okay.

I guess the best thing to have done was to have checke this in April
or May or early June. There were a few hot days during that period,
but I think testing could have been done on even a 68 degree day.

True, but if you just call for a cleaning, they won't come. There has to
be something wrong before they'll send them out. And there was nothing
wrong as far as I knew. It's only recently I noticed the apt. isn't at
all comfortable.

If the room is cool enough, that's ridiculous. You said the cooling
seems ok.

I meant that when the AC sends out conditioned air, it seems cool
enough. In other words, it's cool air. But this cycling of cool vs.
plain fan on and off is new. I use a button called Energy Saver, and
when the place is cool enough, the entire unit turns off until it senses
it needs to work again.

In high heat, I think, it needs to run continually in order to keep the
place at a comfortable level. Running cool air then fan air every six
minutes...it's NOT okay. It isn't cooling the place down. I work from
home and have gotten in a cold shower six times today to cool off. The
thermostat in the room with the AC is reading 90 degrees, and that's not
very comfortable when the AC is running constantly. It's even hotter in
the bedroom.

So that's why this on/off six minute thing had me concerned...what it
was. Last summer, the unit didn't cycle that I'm aware of...during heat
waves, it ran all the time and at least kept the place livable.

Anyway, tomorrow's a holiday, but I'll call them Thurs. morning and try
to get serviced.
--
To email, remove the kitty litter...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Carol wrote:

I live in a rented apartment (small) and it has a window AC unit. It's
turned super hot (heat index 100+) and the unit didn't seem like it was
cooling as well as usual. (Clipped)

Every six minutes, the compressor kicks on and it cools...for six
minutes. Then it goes off and the fan runs out regular (warmish and
stinky) air for...six minutes. Is this normal? [NO, Bad news!]

NO, the adjustable thermostat setting should cause the unit to run
continuously unless it is icing the cooling coil and cycling off on a
freeze stat.
If it is, both coils need to be washed thoroughly clean along with the
squirrel cage blower wheel!
When the cooling coil is matted with lint the squirrel cage blower wheel
blades will also be loaded with lint and it will not deliver sufficient
airflow!
The squirrel cage blower wheel blades have to be thoroughly cleaned or
it will be unbalanced!
They need to make certain they do not knock the balance weights off the
blower wheel blades or you will have another problem!

It's supposed to cool down (to the 80s) tomorrow, Wed and Thurs, so if
y'all think it sounds like it needs a repair, [Thorough CLEANING!] I was thinking I'd call
Wed and hopefully schedule pickup Thurs morning. I could live through
80s for a day with no AC, but I'd like to have it done and running right
before the heat comes back this next weekend.

They should take it to a car wash and use pressure washing "straight
inline with the fins or it will bend them,"
also with the motor and electrical covered with plastic bags. Use a big
floor fan along with the window unit!

Optimizing a Room or Window Air Conditioner's EER and Btu/hr Performance
Output!
http://www.udarrell.com/aircondition...harting.h tml

So...if this six minute on/off thing doesn't sound right, what do I tell
the person at the rental office who is semi stupid? [Above]
I think during 100 degree heat, that sucker ought to be running
24/7, not every other six minutes. Am I wrong?

You are RIGHT! KICK-ASS until it is done RIGHT!
- udarrell - Darrell

--
Air Conditioning's Affordable Path to the "Human Comfort Zone Goal"
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

"udarrell" wrote in message
They should take it to a car wash and use pressure washing "straight
inline with the fins or it will bend them,"
also with the motor and electrical covered with plastic bags. Use a big
floor fan along with the window unit!

Have you ever actually done that? I think the probability of bending fins
is about 99.999%.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If the fins you can see are clogged, the ones in the back of the unit
are usually double clogged. Definitely needs professional service.
Please call the office.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Carol" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"udarrell" wrote in message
Carol wrote:

Every six minutes, the compressor kicks on and it cools...for six
minutes. Then it goes off and the fan runs out regular (warmish and
stinky) air for...six minutes. Is this normal? [NO, Bad news!]

NO, the adjustable thermostat setting should cause the unit to run
continuously unless it is icing the cooling coil and cycling off on a
freeze stat.
If it is, both coils need to be washed thoroughly clean along with the
squirrel cage blower wheel!
CY: Wow, that's supposed to surprise us that both coils need to be
washed?

When the cooling coil is matted with lint the squirrel cage blower
wheel
blades will also be loaded with lint and it will not deliver
sufficient
airflow!
CY: Dusty blades don't deliver air flow. Should that surprise us? Why
did you exclaim that?

The squirrel cage blower wheel blades have to be thoroughly cleaned or
it will be unbalanced!
CY: I don't find that at all surprising. Do you think that will
surprise someone?

They need to make certain they do not knock the balance weights off
the
blower wheel blades or you will have another problem!
CY: Does th at surprise anyone?

It's supposed to cool down (to the 80s) tomorrow, Wed and Thurs, so

if
y'all think it sounds like it needs a repair, [Thorough CLEANING!] I

was thinking I'd call
Wed and hopefully schedule pickup Thurs morning. I could live through
80s for a day with no AC, but I'd like to have it done and running

right
before the heat comes back this next weekend.

They should take it to a car wash and use pressure washing "straight
inline with the fins or it will bend them,"
also with the motor and electrical covered with plastic bags. Use a
big
floor fan along with the window unit!
CY: Is it supposed to surprise someone that a fan helps?

Optimizing a Room or Window Air Conditioner's EER and Btu/hr
Performance
Output!
CY: I don't find that at all surprising.

http://www.udarrell.com/aircondition...harting.h tml

So...if this six minute on/off thing doesn't sound right, what do I

tell
the person at the rental office who is semi stupid? [Above]
I think during 100 degree heat, that sucker ought to be running
24/7, not every other six minutes. Am I wrong?

You are RIGHT! KICK-ASS until it is done RIGHT!
CY: Now, that's how to exclaim.

- udarrell - Darrell

--
Air Conditioning's Affordable Path to the "Human Comfort Zone Goal"
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html
http://www.udarrell.com/ac-trouble-s...ubcooling.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've used a 1300 PSI pressure washer to clean fins. As long as it's
set for fan spray, and the nozzle is a couple inches away, the fins
don't bend. Straight stream bends fins. I must be one of the 0.001%
then?

Team cheer: We're number 0.001 !!

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news
"udarrell" wrote in message
They should take it to a car wash and use pressure washing "straight
inline with the fins or it will bend them,"
also with the motor and electrical covered with plastic bags. Use a

big
floor fan along with the window unit!

Have you ever actually done that? I think the probability of bending
fins
is about 99.999%.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Carol wrote:

In article ,
mm wrote:

Do you have the recirculation valve closed. It might be labelled
"outside" or something. The air that comes out with that valve closed
should be the same temp as the air in your room, even with the
compressor off.

There's a closed and open button, and I've googled trying to figure out
what it means. As far as I can tell, open means it's sucking in outside
air and closed means it's recycling inside air. I might be totally wrong
on that. Anyway, I've switched it back and forth between open and
closed, and I can't tell a bit of difference.

KEEP it "CLOSED," you do not want outside air entering into the cooling
coil!

I meant that when the AC sends out conditioned air, it seems cool
enough.

It is cool air however, it is NOT delivering enough air through the
cooling coil!
The CFM Cubic Feet per Minute is too low because the coil is still
partially blocked and also may not be clean enough to absorb its BTUH
rating.
Blower wheel needs thorough cleaning, too!

In high [Hot weather] heat, I think, it needs to run continually in order to keep the
place at a comfortable level.

Right.

The thermostat in the room with the AC is reading 90 degrees, and that's not
very comfortable when the AC is running constantly. It's even hotter in
the bedroom.

The TH sensor bulb may need relocating so it senses only the air
temperature!

Anyway, tomorrow's a holiday, but I'll call them Thurs. morning and try
to get serviced. [How about Wednesday morning?]

- udarrell - Darrell

--
Air Conditioning's Affordable Path to the "Human Comfort Zone Goal"
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html
http://www.udarrell.com/ac-trouble-s...ubcooling.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
udarrell wrote:

KEEP it "CLOSED," you do not want outside air entering into the cooling
coil!

Thanks for that info! I've wondered for so long which it should be.

Crazy question...why do they even give a choice? What's the purpose of
using outside hot air?
--
To email, remove the kitty litter...
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
JimL wrote:

1. For less than a hundred bucks you can get a new windows unit at
Lowes, then carry it with your when you leave.

I've actually been thinking of putting another unit in the bedroom...and
saw that Lowes had inexpensive ones that would do the job. The other one
that came with the apt is in the living room, and I use a floor fan to
push the cool air down the hall, but when it gets into the 90s, that
bedroom isn't comfortable. (There's a ceiling fan that helps, but I
don't do well in heat...I'm apparently an Eskimo living in the muggy
midwest)

They have a kind that has sliding slat things and it looks like I could
install it myself.
--
To email, remove the kitty litter...
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd like to thank everyone for their great input. You're a helpful bunch
and I'm glad to know this newsgroup is here!

I plan to call the landlord in the morning (today is a holiday in the
US) and have them fix it. But I definitely am considering buying a unit
for the bedroom at Lowes. It's only when it gets into the 90s that the
bedroom becomes a problem, but that's three months a year, and I'm tired
of being miserable all summer long.
--
To email, remove the kitty litter...
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 21:46:43 GMT, Carol
wrote:

In article ,
udarrell wrote:

KEEP it "CLOSED," you do not want outside air entering into the cooling
coil!

Thanks for that info! I've wondered for so long which it should be.

Crazy question...why do they even give a choice? What's the purpose of
using outside hot air?

It's usually hard to open the window when the ac is mounted in it.
Open is for fresh air. Same as in the car.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 15:31:13 -0500, udarrell
wrote:

In high [Hot weather] heat, I think, it needs to run continually in order to keep the
place at a comfortable level.

It's running continually now, by your own description. You want it to
run continuously, at least until the room is cool enough.

"Continual is chiefly restricted to what is intermittent or repeated
at intervals: The continual banging of the shutter in the wind gave me
a headache. Continuous implies lack of interruption: The horizon is a
continuous line." AHD4

Right.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've used a 1300 PSI pressure washer to clean fins. As long as it's
set for fan spray, and the nozzle is a couple inches away, the fins
don't bend. Straight stream bends fins. I must be one of the 0.001%
then?

Team cheer: We're number 0.001 !!

Last Thursday our of our maintenance guys at work spent a few hours
straightening fins on a cooling tower for an air compressor at work. Last
summer someone hooked up a sprinkler under it to help it cool on very hot
days and the sprinkler was enough to bend fins. Of course, the bent fins
restricted air flow causing even more heating so they increased the
sprinkler pressure. . . . . . .

Posted to alt.home.repair

In my experience with window units, the condensor is usually far worse
than the evaporator.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"udarrell" wrote in message
Carol wrote:

I meant that when the AC sends out conditioned air, it seems cool
enough.

It is cool air however, it is NOT delivering enough air through the
cooling coil!
The CFM Cubic Feet per Minute is too low because the coil is still
partially blocked and also may not be clean enough to absorb its BTUH
rating.
Blower wheel needs thorough cleaning, too!

- udarrell - Darrell

--
Air Conditioning's Affordable Path to the "Human Comfort Zone Goal"
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html
http://www.udarrell.com/ac-trouble-s...ubcooling.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds like organizational mentality. If it isn't working, do it
harder. FAster. Longer.

Sorry to hear your work got a bunch of bent fins.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

Last Thursday our of our maintenance guys at work spent a few hours
straightening fins on a cooling tower for an air compressor at work.
Last
summer someone hooked up a sprinkler under it to help it cool on very
hot
days and the sprinkler was enough to bend fins. Of course, the bent
fins
restricted air flow causing even more heating so they increased the
sprinkler pressure. . . . . . .

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
mm wrote:

It's running continually now, by your own description. You want it to
run continuously, at least until the room is cool enough.

Am I speaking Chinese?

The fan runs continually, but the cool air (compressor kicks on) comes
and goes, every six minutes. There is no "room is cool enough" because
half the time, it's recycling air that is at 90 degrees.

Or maybe 90 degrees is "cool enough" for you. It's not for me.
--
To email, remove the kitty litter...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Carol wrote:

I'd like to thank everyone for their great input. You're a helpful bunch
and I'm glad to know this newsgroup is here!

I plan to call the landlord in the morning (today is a holiday in the
US) and have them fix it. But I definitely am considering buying a unit
for the bedroom at Lowes. It's only when it gets into the 90s that the
bedroom becomes a problem, but that's three months a year, and I'm tired
of being miserable all summer long.

5,000-btuh is all you would need for the bedroom.
However, I cool 920-sq. ft. first floor (older home) with my 6,000-btuh
Whirlpool Quiet Partner (very quiet) with Remote Electronic controls.
It's a world beater, and I love it! Consider it!

http://www.udarrell.com/aircondition...harting.h tml

--
Air Conditioning's Affordable Path to the "Human Comfort Zone Goal"
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html
http://www.udarrell.com/ac-trouble-s...ubcooling.html
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

In high [Hot weather] heat, I think, it needs to run continually in order to keep the
place at a comfortable level.

It's running continually now, by your own description. You want it to
run continuously, at least until the room is cool enough.

I shouldn't have said "by YOUR own description" since I was replying
to udarrell. I lost track of which poster I was replying to. So
instead: It's running continually now, by the OP's own description.
One wants it to run continuously, at least until the room is cool
enough.

The distinction is in the dictionary:
"Continual is chiefly restricted to what is intermittent or repeated
at intervals: The continual banging of the shutter in the wind gave me
a headache. Continuous implies lack of interruption: The horizon is a
continuous line." AHD4

Easy way to remember: the "al" in interval is also in continual.

If it were running continuously, since the output air is cool, I think
eventually the room will get cool enough. Arigato.

Right.

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Carol wrote:
In article ,
udarrell wrote:

KEEP it "CLOSED," you do not want outside air entering into the cooling
coil!

Thanks for that info! I've wondered for so long which it should be.

Crazy question...why do they even give a choice? What's the purpose of
using outside hot air?

It's basically for marketing purposes, more than for reality. The
ability of the unit to cool the room requires it mostly working on
recirculated already cooled air. If it really let in enough "fresh" air
to make a difference, it would need to be much larger and use much more
electricity to keep the temp and humidity down. So they give you this
little two inch square vent to make you feel like you are controlling
the fresh air intake.

--
To email, remove the kitty litter...

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've used a 1300 PSI pressure washer to clean fins. As long as it's
set for fan spray, and the nozzle is a couple inches away, the fins
don't bend. Straight stream bends fins. I must be one of the 0.001%
then?

I once found a trigger spray bottle of "evaporator cleaner" on the
dusty back shelves of some little old hardware store. From the contents
label, it was basically a fairly strong dilution of some acid or other,
I don't remember which. All these warnings about not getting it on
paint, the floor, etc. not inhaling, don't spray yourself in the eye,
etc. Did the job, though.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 03:30:49 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

In my experience with window units, the condensor is usually far worse
than the evaporator.

Also, it occurs to me: Isn't the missing filter placed to filter the
air just before it comes out? That is, it doesn't have anything to do
with keeping the crud from collecting on the fins??

I don't remember for sure.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"udarrell" wrote in message
Carol wrote:

I meant that when the AC sends out conditioned air, it seems cool
enough.

It is cool air however, it is NOT delivering enough air through the
cooling coil!
The CFM Cubic Feet per Minute is too low because the coil is still
partially blocked and also may not be clean enough to absorb its BTUH
rating.
Blower wheel needs thorough cleaning, too!

- udarrell - Darrell

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

In my experience with window units, the condensor is usually far worse
than the evaporator.

Also, it occurs to me: Isn't the missing filter placed to filter the
air just before it comes out? That is, it doesn't have anything to do
with keeping the crud from collecting on the fins??

I don't remember for sure.

The filter goes on the intake portion, just ahead of the fins on the coil.
If you have to cut a replacement foam filter, you can even lay it right on
the fins.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Please call the office.

And that where? Oh, the back seat of the Pinto wagon, right next to the used
parts.
--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Carol posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

buying a unit
for the bedroom at Lowes.

Why don't you buy it for yourself?
--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Carol posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

don't do well in heat.

Explain a little more.
--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds like the pink stuff. I usually use the purple stuff. I somehow
remember hydrofluoric acid.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.