Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default A/C window unit: compressor or not?

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 23:18:12 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 15:31:13 -0500, udarrell
wrote:

In high [Hot weather] heat, I think, it needs to run continually in order to keep the
place at a comfortable level.

It's running continually now, by your own description. You want it to
run continuously, at least until the room is cool enough.

I shouldn't have said "by YOUR own description" since I was replying
to udarrell. I lost track of which poster I was replying to. So
instead: It's running continually now, by the OP's own description.
One wants it to run continuously, at least until the room is cool
enough.

The distinction is in the dictionary:
"Continual is chiefly restricted to what is intermittent or repeated
at intervals: The continual banging of the shutter in the wind gave me
a headache. Continuous implies lack of interruption: The horizon is a
continuous line." AHD4

Easy way to remember: the "al" in interval is also in continual.

If it were running continuously, since the output air is cool, I think
eventually the room will get cool enough. Arigato.

Right.