Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C window unit: compressor or not?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've used a 1300 PSI pressure washer to clean fins. As long as it's
set for fan spray, and the nozzle is a couple inches away, the fins
don't bend. Straight stream bends fins. I must be one of the 0.001%
then?

Team cheer: We're number 0.001 !!

Last Thursday our of our maintenance guys at work spent a few hours
straightening fins on a cooling tower for an air compressor at work. Last
summer someone hooked up a sprinkler under it to help it cool on very hot
days and the sprinkler was enough to bend fins. Of course, the bent fins
restricted air flow causing even more heating so they increased the
sprinkler pressure. . . . . . .