Old November 21st 19, 08:00 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ***BANG!***

On Wednesday, 13 November 2019 09:18:14 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/12/19 9:46 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 11 November 2019 22:33:21 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/11/19 4:01 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 11 November 2019 21:10:58 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/11/19 2:18 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 10 November 2019 16:54:24 UTC, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 08:14:36 -0800, Michael Terrell wrote:

What's life, without a challenge?

A challenge has to be, by definition, ultimately achievable. Removing
this cap is *not* achievable. I would have to destroy the entire VNA to
get it out. What a rotten design.

Just snip it then, it's not needed.

NT

Spoken like a true hack.

are you being childish again?

In your dreams kid.
I take pride in my service and repairs.
If it's "difficult" it gets done anyway.

If it's buried, I remove what has to be removed to get access to it.
And the old leads get removed, the terminal gets cleaned and new
part gets soldered in just like "factory original;."
Then the removed parts get put back in place.

It's not that complicated to understand "doing it right."

That approach is the right one for mil spec kit repairs. It is inappropriate for domestic kit.

NT

Like I said, you're a hack.

like I said you're childish.

Old November 21st 19, 10:49 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/21/19 1:00 PM, wrote:
[...]

That's your opinion.
My opinion is that you're hack.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old November 22nd 19, 10:22 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 15:49:38 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

My opinion is that you're hack.

My opinion is you're Phil Alison and ICTFP.

Old November 22nd 19, 11:22 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/22/19 3:22 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 15:49:38 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

My opinion is that you're hack.

My opinion is you're Phil Alison and ICTFP.

Oh look, the hacks are circling the wagons.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old November 22nd 19, 12:30 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, 21 November 2019 21:49:46 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/21/19 1:00 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
[...]

heh. you said that already.

Old November 23rd 19, 02:40 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 04:22:06 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

On 11/22/19 3:22 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 15:49:38 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

My opinion is that you're hack.

My opinion is you're Phil Alison and ICTFP.

Oh look, the hacks are circling the wagons.

You can call me a hack as well if you like; I couldn't give a **** TBH.
I'm not very practical. I get the job done but it doesn't look as pretty
as some genius like yourself would leave it. But do I care? Nope! Because
the case goes back on and no one can see it anyway.

Old November 23rd 19, 03:11 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/22/19 7:40 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
You can call me a hack as well if you like;

I did.

I couldn't give a **** TBH.

Actually, that's not true. If you honestly didn't
give a ****, you wouldn't have wasted the time to
defend yourself.

I'm not very practical.

This too is obvious.

But do I care? Nope! Because the case goes back on
and no one can see it anyway.

No, of course you don't care. That's because you have
zero pride in your work. And the refusal to even try
to improve your skill set, just proves what I said.
You're hack. And apparently quite proud of it.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old November 23rd 19, 10:42 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, 23 November 2019 02:11:38 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/22/19 7:40 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:

You can call me a hack as well if you like;

I did.

I couldn't give a **** TBH.

Actually, that's not true. If you honestly didn't
give a ****, you wouldn't have wasted the time to
defend yourself.

he didn't 'defend himself' he explained his position

I'm not very practical.

This too is obvious.

But do I care? Nope! Because the case goes back on
and no one can see it anyway.

No, of course you don't care. That's because you have
zero pride in your work. And the refusal to even try
to improve your skill set,

I've read enough of CD's posts to know neither of those is true.
People like you are 100% sure they know what's what even when they don't have the relevant facts. Same old.
Old November 24th 19, 01:02 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 08:27:56 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it
means just what I choose it to mean— neither more nor less.” “The
question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many
different things.”
“The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that's
all.”

I think I can see your problem now: you're a MORON.