Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Coon[_2_] Mike Coon[_2_] is offline

Default ***BANG!***

In article t,
says...

In article ,
says...
Care to speculate on the horrific consequences of that particular
"hack"?

Yeah, I should imagine the possibility of a slight draft in the area of
the footwell that side. Just maybe... But that's all.

No draft, covered by the cut up beer can and carpet.

I doubt a 3 inch in diameter how would cause any real problem. It would
have cost more than the car was worth anyway if the motor had to be
pulled.

When I was a student I shared rides in a car with a hole in the floor on
the passenger side. The trick was to keep your foot on the hole to avoid
when going through any puddle getting a jet of water up your trouser
leg.

We probably could not afford a pop-riveter and sealant, and the beer may
have come in bottles. Wet carpets are no fun, either...

Mike.