Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default ***BANG!***

On 11/21/19 1:00 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 November 2019 09:18:14 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/12/19 9:46 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 11 November 2019 22:33:21 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/11/19 4:01 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 11 November 2019 21:10:58 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/11/19 2:18 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 10 November 2019 16:54:24 UTC, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 08:14:36 -0800, Michael Terrell wrote:

What's life, without a challenge?

A challenge has to be, by definition, ultimately achievable. Removing
this cap is *not* achievable. I would have to destroy the entire VNA to
get it out. What a rotten design.

Just snip it then, it's not needed.

NT

Spoken like a true hack.

are you being childish again?

In your dreams kid.
I take pride in my service and repairs.
If it's "difficult" it gets done anyway.

If it's buried, I remove what has to be removed to get access to it.
And the old leads get removed, the terminal gets cleaned and new
part gets soldered in just like "factory original;."
Then the removed parts get put back in place.

It's not that complicated to understand "doing it right."

That approach is the right one for mil spec kit repairs. It is inappropriate for domestic kit.

NT

Like I said, you're a hack.

like I said you're childish.

That's your opinion.