Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default ***BANG!***

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 7:01:26 AM UTC-5, wrote:
OK. To attempt to get you all to think "outside the box".

Question: Why do we stop at STOP signs, even when there is no one else (visible) around?

You park your car on a hill. You neglect to turn your wheels to the curb. Some kid sees change in your cup-holder and breaks into the car, meanwhile releasing the parking brake. The car rolls down the hill and hurts someone.. Who is responsible?

Now, consider that hole in that firewall. Please try to think it through.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

You're going to hate this story Peter: I had an old Explorer that had a bad fuel pump. This truck was originally sold near the shoreline and and had suffered almost 20 years in the rust belt. There was no chance of getting the fuel tank down without fighting through rusted hardware and other issues, so I got out my nibbler and opened an access hole under the back seat right over the fuel pump flange. 90 min in an out.