Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default ***BANG!***

On 11/25/19 1:09 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Sometimes it takes a hack to get the job done at a reasonable cost.

Like a car company wanted lots of money to replace a freeze plug on a
car engine. Due to where it was placed , they said the motor needed to
be pulled.

A local hack said he could do it for almost nothing. Pulled the carpet
back inside the car. Took a hole saw on a drill and cut a hole.
Replaced the plug , pop rivited a beer can cutout over the hole and
replaced the carpet.

That's a clever repair. I did the same thing on a '68 Dodge station
wagon. The freeze plug on the rear of the cylinder heads.
Cut a hole, or pull the intake and the heads. Obvious choice.

WHEN you work on your own vehicle. You have next to zero funds and
you need to drive it into work the next day.

Had I had the time, I would have pulled the engine and replaced all
the freeze plugs at the same time instead of one at a time.

I had the time over the weekend, and that's exactly what I did.
including pulling the flywheel and getting the two behind it.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0